Issue with my Xbox Gamertag

Discus and support Issue with my Xbox Gamertag in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My Gamertag shows as HerGrinder on my Xbox profile but when I go to this link: https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag to change my gamertag, It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Takeda Rei, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Takeda Rei
    Takeda Rei Guest

My Gamertag shows as HerGrinder on my Xbox profile but when I go to this link:

https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

to change my gamertag,

It is display there that my current gamertag is レイネ#6392 as shown in the image.

I want to use it as my Gamertag but Minecraft App is displaying my tag as HerGrinder and I can't change it.
    Issue with my Xbox Gamertag [​IMG]

:)

Takeda Rei, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Not all games have been updated to work with the new gamertag policy (which includes special characters). So in any space that doesn't support that, it will show your old tag.
  3. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

An issue with my Gamertag

Greetings, Airmail. Thanks for coming to us with your question. We'll get to the bottom of this. First, you mentioned in your post that this only happens in Halo Reach and Battlefield 3. It seems like this could be due to profanity filters specific to the
    titles themselves. If you can send me a screenshot of each error message I'd be happy to look into it. Let me know if you have any questions.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Issue with my Gamertag

Sorry, but there is no way to request a change like that. Since the account is still seen as being in use on the servers, there would be no way for you to get that tag unless you still had access to the account and could change the game on that account (AceBoogie715)
    in order to free it up.
  5. Gulpee Rex Win User

xbox app closes immediately after launching it

I have the same issue. I found out it was my gamertag was doing it. I have used a different gamertag on the xbox app windows 10. The app didn't crash. So it was my gamertag was doing it.
    So... I have to pay for a new gamertag to fix this issue?!
  6. cRaZyKiLlA639 Win User

Error code 0x80072ee7 Sign in using controller problems

This is because your gamertag got corrupted this happen to me you have to factory restore your xbox one. I was signing in on my Xbox one and xbox 360 at the same time some reason this corrupted my gamertag ever since I restored my Xbox one I haven't had
    an issue.. I also deleted my gamertag off my 360 so I won't have the issue again hope this helps...
Thema:

1. Issue with my Xbox Gamertag - Similar Threads - Issue Gamertag

2. Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC: My kid has a Minecraft Gamer Tag on PS5. But, when we set up their Minecraft on PC it made us make them a new gamertag. Now they don’t have access to any of their owned stuff. How do I fix this?...
  3. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: Hello Microsoft community, recently i did accidentally changed my gamertag NotNT77 to NotXiko001 and i did it accidentally, and i play on a minecraft server and a staff had that like gamertag...
  4. Invalid Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Invalid Gamertag issue: I'm trying to change my Hotmail password and it's asking me for my xbox gamertag. It is telling me my gamertag is invalid. It is NOT invalid as I've had it forever and used Xbox just last week....
  5. Gamertag and Microsoft account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag and Microsoft account issue: I haven't played Xbox for some years but want to get back to playing it again. I have logged into Xbox with my Microsoft account but somehow my Microsoft account is associated with my sons...
  6. Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue: Hi, some time ago I deleted a microsoft e-mail account that I used to save a gamertag in case I wanted to go back to it, now that I want to do so, and that particular microsoft account that had...
  7. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: Hello there, My name is Mitch and I just paid to change my gamertag. I changed it to Iceman360 as it was available. The odd thing is when I search up my name, there is another account with the...
  8. GamerTag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamerTag issue: It says username available but it’s not letting me continue the process. c338b4d4-f7f9-4a31-872a-d454acf67f21
  9. xbox gamertag issue (ive lost money)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox gamertag issue (ive lost money): i changed my xbox tag recently from eqlyxy to "" however this was a week ago and for all games it still shows up as "eqlyxy" im conserned as ive paid money so can you fix this issue???? before...
  10. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag Issue: So, I made my Xbox account when I bought Forza Horizon 4 via Steam and created my username via Forza Horizon 4 ran through Steam. I made my gamertag as "", but somehow after I submitted, it...