Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

Discus and support Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason which makes very little sense to me, if I change channel on my TV (in my bedroom) with the one guide, it changes the channel on the TV... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by McArtist93, Oct 9, 2014.

  1. McArtist93
    McArtist93 Guest

    Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1


    For some reason which makes very little sense to me, if I change channel on my TV (in my bedroom) with the one guide, it changes the channel on the TV in the living room! It's not even connected to the box in the living room obviously. So why does this happen.

    It will also turn the living room SKY box off if I have mine set to toggle.

    :)
     
    McArtist93, Oct 9, 2014
    #1
  2. ash2k83
    ash2k83 Guest
    BBC iPlayer and the Xbox One

    Dark, for you then sky go on XB1 would be ideal for the reasons you said if you wanted to watch on demand.

    Anyone with the Sky box connected to the router wouldn't need Sky Go.
     
    ash2k83, Oct 9, 2014
    #2
  3. 3d Blu rays

    I have my X1 connected to my sky box, and it plays the 3D channel without any problems. At the moment most of the sky boxes don't support Dolby sound through HDMI, so the issue with the Beta sound isn't a problem for a lot of people in the UK anyway.
     
    davemcdonald1, Oct 9, 2014
    #3
  4. McArtist93
    McArtist93 Guest

    Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

    Wow literally nothing? Great support.
     
    McArtist93, Oct 24, 2014
    #4
  5. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there McArtist93!

    Sorry to hear about the OneGuide issue. That sounds very strange! Could you provide us the model of the Sky box you are mentioning? Does the Sky box you use match the Sky box in your living room?

    Does this happen only with OneGuide? Let's start with plugging your Sky box directly into your TV and remove the Xbox One from the equation for now. If you keep seeing the issue, it sounds like it is with your Sky box and you would want to
    contact Sky's support. If the removing the console resolves the issue then post so we can continue troubleshooting!
     
    Mister Beep, Oct 24, 2014
    #5
  6. McArtist93
    McArtist93 Guest
    My Sky box in my room is a DRX890-R and the one in the living room is a DRX890-C

    It does only happen with OneGuide, using my Sky remote has no effect on the Sky box in the living room.

    It is absolutely an issue with the Xbox and not the Sky box as I have had the Sky in my room for a long time, and never had any issues.

    I only noticed this was an issue after the september update, because it was (as far as I can remember) the first time OneGuide was of any use in Ireland.
     
    McArtist93, Oct 25, 2014
    #6
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    If you plugged your cable box directly into your TV and the issue didn't persist, follow these steps below to reset TV settings for OneGuide. This will take you to the beginning and you will be able to set up your cable box again, which would be a great
    place to start.

    • On your Xbox One controller, select Settings.
    • In the Settings menu, select TV & OneGuide.
    • In the TV & OneGuide menu, select Troubleshooting.
    • From here, Select 'Reset TV settings' and go through the process to set up your cable box with OneGuide.
    Try the steps above and post back to let us know how it goes! Thanks!
     
    Mister Beep, Nov 1, 2018
    #7
  8. Mister Beep Win User

    Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

    If you plugged your cable box directly into your TV and the issue didn't persist, follow these steps below to reset TV settings for OneGuide. This will take you to the beginning and you will be able to set up your cable box again, which would be a great
    place to start.

    • On your Xbox One controller, select Settings.
    • In the Settings menu, select TV & OneGuide.
    • In the TV & OneGuide menu, select Troubleshooting.
    • From here, Select 'Reset TV settings' and go through the process to set up your cable box with OneGuide.
    Try the steps above and post back to let us know how it goes! Thanks!
  9. Mister Beep Win User

    Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

    Hey there McArtist93!

    Sorry to hear about the OneGuide issue. That sounds very strange! Could you provide us the model of the Sky box you are mentioning? Does the Sky box you use match the Sky box in your living room?

    Does this happen only with OneGuide? Let's start with plugging your Sky box directly into your TV and remove the Xbox One from the equation for now. If you keep seeing the issue, it sounds like it is with your Sky box and you would want to
    contact Sky's support. If the removing the console resolves the issue then post so we can continue troubleshooting!
  10. McArtist93 Win User

    Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

    My Sky box in my room is a DRX890-R and the one in the living room is a DRX890-C

    It does only happen with OneGuide, using my Sky remote has no effect on the Sky box in the living room.

    It is absolutely an issue with the Xbox and not the Sky box as I have had the Sky in my room for a long time, and never had any issues.

    I only noticed this was an issue after the september update, because it was (as far as I can remember) the first time OneGuide was of any use in Ireland.
  11. McArtist93 Win User

    Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

    Wow literally nothing? Great support.
  12. ash2k83 Win User

    BBC iPlayer and the Xbox One

    Dark, for you then sky go on XB1 would be ideal for the reasons you said if you wanted to watch on demand.

    Anyone with the Sky box connected to the router wouldn't need Sky Go.
Thema:

Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

Loading...
  1. Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1 - Similar Threads - Issue SKY box

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...