Issue with moving games - remnants remain

Discus and support Issue with moving games - remnants remain in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Don't know if anyone else has noticed it but lately I have been having an issue where when I move games between storage devices there are some remnants... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RicME85, Apr 1, 2023.

1. /u/RicME85
    /u/RicME85 Guest

Don't know if anyone else has noticed it but lately I have been having an issue where when I move games between storage devices there are some remnants left on the drive the game was moved from.

Doesn't seem to be taking up any noticeable space, I assume just a few KB or MB as when I uninstall it says I get 0.0GB back. The file version is always 0.0.0.0

submitted by /u/RicME85
    [link] [comments]

/u/RicME85, Apr 1, 2023
  2. gseppy Win User

I purchased the ultimate edition of diablo 4 but only have the base edition in my library. How do I fix this problem?

I have the same issue also remnant 2 ultimate edition.
  3. Britanieisrad Win User

Can't Play Game error?

Can't Play Game.

That's the error. And the game is The Last Remnant
  4. itsnotme46 Win User

Some games are unavailable to be installed/purchased on GamePass Ultimate Windows 10, yet they are available on my Xbox console.

I'm aware that there are some games not available on gamepass for Windows 10, that are available for consoles. The games I've mentioned aren't part of that list, though.

For example this page is for Remnant: From the Ashes -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/remnant-from-the-ashes/9pbhxgwzts2n?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

On it it clearly states "You can play Remnant: From the Ashes with Xbox Game Pass for PC or buy it to own." and I can select the 3 dots, "Install on my devices", select my PC and it installs the game on my PC without issues. But I'm not able to play it, because it's "not available" for me and I get the same error code 0x803F8001.
  5. John HuguiñoDo Naci Win User

DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue, first with World War Z and its DLC. I contacted Xbox support and the developer, but despite quick responses, the problem remains unresolved. I am unable to play the DLC in WWZ. Now, I've purchased the Remnant 2 DLC, and I am facing the exact same issue.

I contacted Xbox, and they directed me to the developer. What do you think the response will be?

I am quite certain that the problem lies with Windows and the Xbox app.
  6. Jack_Bee Win User

Pre-installing Forza Horizon 5

Creating a partition on my hard drive and installing the game on the new allocated drive seems to have sorted it. Must have been data remnants of yesterdays install on the drive somewhere causing the issue.
Thema:

1. Issue with moving games - remnants remain - Similar Threads - Issue moving games

2. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  3. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  4. login issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    login issue: i have a xbox 1 series x. everytime i try to login to my account it keeps saying “something went wrong” but it lets me login on the xbox app. ive tried to hard retart my xbox and it didnt work, i...
  5. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  6. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  7. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  8. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  9. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  10. Massive issue moving from Alpha to Alpha Skip-Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Massive issue moving from Alpha to Alpha Skip-Ahead: I saw my BG3 saves had been deleted so decided to swap my console from Alpha to Alpha Skip-Ahead. First I got stuck in an update loop, then I tried power cycling, restarting, doing a keep my...