Issue with Error 0x800700c1 when launching (only newly downloaded) PC Game Pass games.

Discus and support Issue with Error 0x800700c1 when launching (only newly downloaded) PC Game Pass games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've had Game pass for a couple years and downloaded many games successfully (although microsoft did not designate a public folder for them).... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NeoGeode, Jun 30, 2022.

1. NeoGeode
    NeoGeode Guest

Issue with Error 0x800700c1 when launching (only newly downloaded) PC Game Pass games.

Hello,

I've had Game pass for a couple years and downloaded many games successfully (although microsoft did not designate a public folder for them). Now, in the last week, I've tried to download a new game (Shipbreaker) and received the 0x800700c1 error when trying to send it to the folder. I have tried reinstalling PC Game Pass, changing permissions and hard drives for download, and restarting everything without success. To test, I tried downloading several other new games, all did not install either. Also, games previously installed on my computer still open just fine.

Solutions? Thank you for your help!

Issue with Error 0x800700c1 when launching (only newly downloaded) PC Game Pass games. [​IMG]

:)

NeoGeode, Jun 30, 2022
  2. NeoGeode Win User

Hi Josef,

Thank you for your reply, although it did seem copy/pasted from a different answer since I wasn't asking about Forza, so I'm not sure if this applies to my issue. I tried each of these steps in turn and was not able to resolve the issue. It continues to be the same problem - older games open just fine, but I cannot play any newly downloaded game due to error 0x800700c1.
  3. NeoGeode Win User

Hi Josef,

I solved the problem by just doing a clean re-install of windows (keeping files of course). I've had to start redownloading my xbox game library again, but they seem to now be opening without issue. I'm not sure quite what was corrupted in the registry there, but the big hammer approach worked for me! Thank you for your help.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today NeoGeode

Please try this:

Check if you have the latest operating system installed.

Press on Windows Key >> Settings >> Update and Security.

Download the latest update in there if available

Then do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore

Then do the same for the Xbox app and Forza Horizon:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore.

Then sign out from Microsoft Store and Xbox app and do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Search for new updates on Windows Store and finally sign in with your account on Xbox app and Microsoft Store and try again

Let me know how it goes
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update mate!

I'm glad that now everything's working as usual
Thema:

1. Issue with Error 0x800700c1 when launching (only newly downloaded) PC Game Pass games. - Similar Threads - Issue Error 0x800700c1

2. Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.: I’ve been playing Alan Wake 2 on my Xbox Series X for close to 20 hours now and recently I’ve getting this code 0x803f900e. It will close the game and push me to the Home Screen. It kind just puts...
  3. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8
  4. Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196): I have been having issues all morning with downloading MSFS on PC. I force stopped, reset, and uninstalled the Xbox app and Gaming services but have had no luck with being able to download this...
  5. Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?: Tried to connect to live on the 360 to update my gamertag and it's not letting me log in. I keep getting error code 8015000A. Spent 3 hours reading forums and such trying any and everything I came...
  6. I had the same issue, attempted to buy Alan Wake game but got error and was double charged...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had the same issue, attempted to buy Alan Wake game but got error and was double charged...: I hope to receive a full refund for my game charges since I still haven’t received the game, I’m afraid to try and buy any more games in case same issue occurs, this is why Inprefer physical...
  7. Xbox game pass installation issues with error code 0x0080199

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass installation issues with error code 0x0080199: I am getting an "Error" when installing Starfield since the update recently. I logged in, installed the update and it kept failing. I have since uninstalled the game and tried to re-install this...
  8. I have an issue whenever I log onto fortnite, it says "Login Failed" with no error code or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an issue whenever I log onto fortnite, it says "Login Failed" with no error code or...: I am trying to play fortnite, but whenver I load in, it says "Login Failed". I cleared my cache, reinstalled the game 4 times, removed my account and added it back, cleared local storage, and...
  9. Xbox game pass installation issues with error code 0x0080199

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass installation issues with error code 0x0080199: I am getting an "Error" when installing Starfield since the update recently. I logged in, installed the update and it kept failing. I have since uninstalled the game and tried to re-install this...
  10. how do i solve an issue with error 80151912?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i solve an issue with error 80151912?: I try several times the option of cleaning the cache but even with that it isn even working im still having issue that mi xbox 360 does not connect to xbox live even though i have a good internet...