Issue with downloading games fro Xbox app to my PC

Discus and support Issue with downloading games fro Xbox app to my PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have issue with downloading games from xbox app. I aleardy downloaded some games before on the same hard disk (hard disk format: NTFS). The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by martin007cz, Sep 22, 2022.

1. martin007cz
    martin007cz Guest

Hi, I have issue with downloading games from xbox app. I aleardy downloaded some games before on the same hard disk (hard disk format: NTFS). The problem is that Xbox doesn't let me to install it to any hard disk it says that this file isn't chosse for installing games but in my settings it is. I reseted the Xbox app, reinstalled it, logout from xbox and Microsoft store and logged back in restarted my PC but nothing helped.

Thanks for any help.

:)

martin007cz, Sep 22, 2022
  2. martin007cz Win User

Hi, it's progressing now it just wouldn't download, bur I can start it. Thanks for help, I feel dumb because I repair it but didn't restarted it (the Xbox app)
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Martin

Please double check if your windows system and all apps are up to date, and do the next as well:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

--------

If the issue persists reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

If you already tried that, tell me what else did you do? (besides the things described in your post)

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. Smwutches Win User

Game Pass Subscription and XBox 360 Pro

Unfortunately Game Pass is only available for the Xbox One and PC. There is no Game Pass fro the 360.
  5. o Squash xD Win User

Games on PC fro Xbox

Hi, i think you can use it anywhere on Xbox one/pc thanks by Xbox play anywhere but only few games have support for it for now and it should work :)

Regards,
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Beta App Error Code 0x8004E10E

Hi Deigge,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Which beta app are you having issue downloading? The Xbox Console Companion App (Beta) or the Xbox Game Pass for PC app (Beta)? You'll need to have he beta companion app downloaded first before you can download the PC game pass app (beta) and you will also
    need to have Windows update version 1903.

Restart your PC and then make sure you have the requirements to download the PC game pass app.
Thema:

1. Issue with downloading games fro Xbox app to my PC - Similar Threads - Issue downloading games

2. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  3. Xbox Series X game download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X game download issues: My xbox has internet connection problems when I download a game. It sometimes only downloads at 5-100 mbit/s. However, when I check the connection between the xbox and the router, the xbox shows...
  4. Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.: I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 1 for Xbox Series X and when I first install it for the first time, it stops, I managed to get to 60gb after changing disc 1 to disc 2 as there are 2 disc's and...
  5. Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196): I have been having issues all morning with downloading MSFS on PC. I force stopped, reset, and uninstalled the Xbox app and Gaming services but have had no luck with being able to download this...
  6. I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...: I have an xbox one its last update was on 12/24/2023 2:11 AM 9d937bc7-34c5-4c84-a610-9dcabba01994
  7. Gaming Services Download Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services Download Issue: Hi, I had been playing my games on the xbox app. I come on today to find its sayin I dont have Gaming Services downloaded, I have looked at other questions on this forum and have attempted the...
  8. I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.: I've been trying to download Rainbow Six Siege from the PC game pass for weeks now, but with no luck. The "Install" button will switch between having a globe/internet symbol next to the word...
  9. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...
  10. Having issues downloading Exo primal from PC game pass Store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues downloading Exo primal from PC game pass Store.: Just built my first Gaming PC. Trying to download some games and Exoprimal does not want to download from gamepass. It says error and the error code is : 0x87e00196. I have check my region time...