Issue with Destiny 2 DLC and Game Sharing. (Xbox App, PC)

Discus and support Issue with Destiny 2 DLC and Game Sharing. (Xbox App, PC) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; To preface this, I am aware of Bungie's stance on not supporting Game Sharing, as it is platform dependent. Since the launch of Beyond Light, my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rotarl, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Rotarl
    Rotarl Guest

To preface this, I am aware of Bungie's stance on not supporting Game Sharing, as it is platform dependent.

Since the launch of Beyond Light, my girlfriend and I have been sharing the game's DLC through the Xbox App, which worked up until last week's patch.
    We played through Beyond Light, Witch Queen and finished the Lightfall campaign together, as a matter of fact. But since last week's patch, she has lost access to all of my previously purchased content. ALL of the expansions.
    Once again, everything worked fine up until that point.

Others have stated of the same issue not only here, but on the Bungie forums as well. And it is a back and forth between blaming of platforms.
    Is there something going on in the background? Was there a change for SPECIFICALLY this game and its DLC?
    She has access to every other game through Game Pass and their content, too.
    It is only Destiny 2.

:)

Rotarl, Mar 30, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

No Refund and cant access the DLC code

You can download Destiny 2, and it's DLC from the Xbox app on PC. So your friend who plays on Xbox and PC can play Destiny 2 and the DLC you gifted him on the PC, as long as the PC he has is powerful enough for the game.
  3. Franubis5504 Win User

Destiny 2 PC game sharing not working since recent patch?

Holy **** this **** forum is even worse than **** Twitter.

Here, so you guys can catch up.

DESTINY 2 IS AVAILABLE ON PC ON STEAM AND THE XBOX APP.

IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON BATTLE NET.

Ok, with that outta the way.

YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO SHARE YOUR DLC FOR THE XBOX APP PC VERSION OF THE GAME, BUT BUNGIE HAS CHANGED THAT.

This worked by using a different Xbox account on the Windows store than on the Xbox app.

Before somebody says "hurr that was unintentional", nope. It is intentional. Because there is an option to do so EXPLICITLY through the Xbox app on PC. Game sharing games and DLC is intentional on MS' part.

So this was Bungie removing the ability to share DLC on PC.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Why aren't any of my Destiny 2 DLC's working?

If it wa purchased on your brothers account DLC does NOT TRANSFER between platforms

Destiny 2 add-ons cannot be shared or transferred between platforms, including between Destiny 2 on the Microsoft Store and Xbox consoles. For more information, please see our Cross Save FAQ.

Silver will be shared across Microsoft Accounts on any Microsoft platform: Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, the Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app for PC

Game share is only on consol

Keep in mind destiny has a new owner
  5. Rotarl Win User

Well here is an update I didn't think I would nor did I want to give.

Had a case going on with Xbox Support's Live Agents.
    It seems Bungie has decided to completely cut off the ability to Gameshare on Microsoft Store/Xbox App. So, for those who used it to either share with yourselves for multiple accounts or with family, you will have to rebuy all of the DLC. For each account.
  6. Rostom L Win User

I understand. If that's the case, try to contact the Xbox Support team for further assistance regarding this issue. They may have a better explanation on what's going on backend.

Contact them here https://support.xbox.com/contact-us > click Contact us > choose Subscription & billing > I don't recognize a charge > describe your issue > Next > See contact options > Chat online.
Thema:

1. Issue with Destiny 2 DLC and Game Sharing. (Xbox App, PC) - Similar Threads - Issue Destiny DLC

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  4. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  5. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  6. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  7. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  8. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  9. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  10. Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue: I woke up and all of a sudden it said my pre order got canceled there’s nothing wrong with my card or anything so I checked if I can re download it through the xbox it said I owned it but I...