Issue with credentials / thinking i'm the same user on Minecraft

Discus and support Issue with credentials / thinking i'm the same user on Minecraft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Minecraft Bedrock, I’m on a pc (bought the game using *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** Minecraft Bedrock, my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by StevenHardman, Jan 31, 2025.

  1. Issue with credentials / thinking i'm the same user on Minecraft


    Hi,

    Minecraft Bedrock, I’m on a pc (bought the game using *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

    Minecraft Bedrock, my son is on his iPad linked to my other email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. This is also my windows email, but i've signed out the store and signed in with my gmail



    Tried reinstall, vpn, no vpn.



    We can both join a hosted realm (not any of us) problem free if it’s my brother’s (different network etc)



    Whenever my son or I start a realm, we can’t join or when we do it runs laggy then kicks me out after a minute tops.



    Now… I switch my phone to mobile data, stick my pc to my phone network and we can play the same network and on his realm.

    :)
     
    StevenHardman, Jan 31, 2025
    #1
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

    How do you switch accounts when your old one was banned

    Hi there Hayden Y.

    I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

    I am so sorry you are having issues logging into your account.

    Clear Cached Credentials

    Clearing the cached credentials can stop the automatic sign-in process.

    Windows:

    Open Credential Manager:

    Press Windows Key + S and type "Credential Manager".
    Open Credential Manager.

    Remove Minecraft Credentials:

    Select "Windows Credentials".
    Look for any entries related to Minecraft or the Minecraft Launcher.
    Click on them and select "Remove".

    MacOS:

    Open Keychain Access:

    Use Spotlight (Command + Space) and type "Keychain Access".
    Open Keychain Access.
    Delete Minecraft Entries:

    In the left pane, select "Login" and "All Items".
    Search for any entries related to Minecraft or the Minecraft Launcher.
    Right-click and delete them.

    Reset Minecraft Launcher
    Resetting the Minecraft Launcher can sometimes clear out any problematic settings or cached data.

    Windows:
    Reset Minecraft Launcher:
    Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
    Go to "Apps" and find Minecraft Launcher.
    Click on it and select "Advanced options".
    Scroll down and click "Reset".

    MacOS:
    Delete Preference Files:
    Open Finder and press Command + Shift + G.
    Type ~/Library/Application Support and press Enter.
    Find the Minecraft folder and delete it or move it to a backup location.

    Modify the Launcher Profile Manually
    Manually editing or deleting the profile used by the launcher might force it to prompt for new credentials.

    Windows:

    Access Minecraft Directory:

    Press Windows Key + R, type %appdata%\.minecraft, and press Enter.
    Edit or Delete Profiles:

    Find the launcher_profiles.json file.
    Open it with a text editor like Notepad.
    Look for the account details and either modify or delete the relevant sections.
    Alternatively, you can delete the entire launcher_profiles.json file (the launcher will recreate it).

    MacOS:
    Access Minecraft Directory:

    Open Finder, press Command + Shift + G, and go to ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft.

    Edit or Delete Profiles:

    Locate the launcher_profiles.json file.
    Open it with a text editor.
    Modify or delete the relevant account sections.
    Or delete the launcher_profiles.json file.

    Reinstall Minecraft Launcher
    If the above steps do not work, reinstalling the Minecraft Launcher can resolve many issues.

    Windows:
    Uninstall Minecraft Launcher:

    Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
    Go to "Apps" and uninstall Minecraft Launcher.
    Reinstall Minecraft Launcher:

    Download the latest version of the Minecraft Launcher from the official Minecraft website and install it.
    MacOS:
    Uninstall Minecraft Launcher:

    Open Finder, go to Applications, and drag the Minecraft Launcher to the Trash.
    Empty the Trash.

    Reinstall Minecraft Launcher:

    Download the latest version of the Minecraft Launcher from the official Minecraft website and install it.

    Create a New Windows User Profile
    Sometimes, user-specific data can cause issues. Creating a new Windows user profile can help bypass these problems.

    Windows:
    Create a New User:

    Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
    Go to "Accounts" > "Family & other users".
    Click "Add someone else to this PC".
    Follow the prompts to create a new user.
    Log in with the New User:

    Log out of your current account and log in with the new user account.
    Install and run the Minecraft Launcher from the new account.

    I hope this helps!

    Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. Alvaro A- Win User

    Minecraft is forcing me to use an account that doesn't exist

    Hi Jack,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Xbox Community. I understand that you're having issues signing in to your Minecraft account. For us to isolate your issue, please provide the exact error message that you are receiving.

    In addition, delete all Xbox and Microsoft from your credentials manager. There is a high possibility that your previous credentials are saved in your cache and being used automatically to login to Minecraft.

    Credential Manager lets you view and delete your saved credentials for signing in to websites, connected applications, and networks.

    To open Credential Manager, type credential manager in the search box on the taskbar and select Credential Manager Control panel.

    Select Web Credentials and Windows Credentials then delete all Xbox and Microsoft that you will see.

    Regards,

    Alvaro
  4. Shmerrick Win User

    Xbox Live Sign In Issues

    I did the same as you to correct the account credentials/management issue. My guess is that this is intentional on M$' end to force users into logging into their servers with a Microsoft account.
  5. JackReihing Win User

    Friends Cannot Join My Minecraft Worlds

    Hi Jesse,

    We are both running the same updated version of minecraft that is fully updated. I'm thinking that there is an issue with my microsoft account.
  6. Lumie Helps Win User

    inh

    Hi there Daniel S.

    I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

    I am so sorry you are having issues with the credentials system in your launcher

    Here is a guide for your issue:

    Clear Stored Credentials:

    Windows Credential Manager:
    Press Win + S and type “Credential Manager.”
    Open Credential Manager and go to the “Windows Credentials” tab.
    Look for any entries related to your old Microsoft account and remove them. This will prevent Windows from automatically logging in with the old credentials.

    Mac Keychain Access:
    Open the "Keychain Access" app from Applications > Utilities.
    Search for any entries related to your old Microsoft account and delete them.
    Remove Account in Settings:

    Windows 10/11:
    Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts.
    Find the old Microsoft account listed under "Accounts used by other apps" and remove it.
    Mac:
    Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts.
    Locate the old Microsoft account and remove it.
    Clear Cache and Cookies:

    Clear your browser cache and cookies to ensure no old session data interferes with your new login. This can be done via your browser settings, typically under Privacy or History.

    Delete or Rename Minecraft Folder:

    Navigate to the Minecraft game directory. The path is usually C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft on Windows, and ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft on Mac.
    Delete or rename the .minecraft folder. This will force Minecraft to reset and prompt for fresh login details the next time you start the game.

    Reinstall Minecraft:

    If the above steps don’t work, try uninstalling Minecraft completely and then reinstalling it. This will clear any lingering settings that might be causing the login issues.

    I hope this helps.

    Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
Thema:

Issue with credentials / thinking i'm the same user on Minecraft

Loading...
  1. Issue with credentials / thinking i'm the same user on Minecraft - Similar Threads - Issue credentials thinking

  2. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  3. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  8. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...
  9. Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue: I just recently installed insider and have Omega. I installed multiple Xbox One discs older and newer and they seem to not allow claiming the digital license. Maybe I'm confused about something...
  10. Disc to digital issue no update available

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital issue no update available: i have two xbox one consoles and original xbox one and an xbox one s both enrolled in the insiders program both on OS (xb_fit_2608ge.260805-2200) with no available updates i have been waiting and...