Issue with companion app

Discus and support Issue with companion app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] EDIT: I added a picture, I went to "add/switch" on my Xbox, did my normal login, and got the second account too??? ****??? So... I have looked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LaursGreen, Dec 12, 2021.

  1. LaursGreen
    LaursGreen Guest

    Issue with companion app



    Issue with companion app [​IMG]
    EDIT: I added a picture, I went to "add/switch" on my Xbox, did my normal login, and got the second account too??? ****???

    So... I have looked for answers everywhere and tried a bunch of troubleshooting ideas and have gotten no solutions.

    I tried to login to the Xbox companion app on my phone (I have recently logged in to the app on the computer--and it was fine--but I couldn't message there so I went to get the app on my phone) anyways, I used my email and password that I use for my xbox/to play games. It seemed like it was making a new account almost? It asked me to pick a username, so I backed out of the app and tried again. (Thought that maybe I accidentally hit "make a new account" instead of "login"?) When I tried logging in again, it said "welcome back" but it used the incorrect username? I think it glitched and assigned me one. But the username hasn't changed on my Xbox or anywhere else. And on the website or the app from my phone at least, it won't show the correct username for my Xbox account (or my friends list or anything) yet it's the correct email and password? Could I have accidentally created a "new account" that's the same as my normal one and yet it only let's me log in to this one from my phone or something??? Rather than my actual one even if they are the same emails and passwords???

    I am severely confused and have tried everything I can think of.

    I'm afraid to try deleting the account because it accurately links to my email that I use for gaming and I don't want to accidentally erase that.

    :)
     
    LaursGreen, Dec 12, 2021
    #1
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

    Issue with companion app

    Hi LaursGreen,

    Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you struggle with the Xbox Companion app and account. I am happy to help and provide solutions that hopefully can resolve this problem.

    Solution 1: The Xbox Campion app no longer allows for Xbox messaging. I recommend using the Xbox App, which will enable you to chat with friends. Once you have downloaded this app, would you please try signing in with your main Xbox account?

    Solution 2: Rest the Xbox Companion App. Repair apps and programs in Windows 10 (microsoft.com) The link will walk you through these steps. Next, sign in with the main Xbox account on your console.

    Solution 3: View your Microsoft Store order history Click on the link and then click on view order history, and it will prompt you to sign in with your Microsoft account email tied to your Xbox account. It allows you to view purchase history and ensure everything is good to go.

    You can accidentally create new users' names, but it will not allow you if that email is attached to an account. You can also change your Xbox Username, but that would have prompted a $10 fee before anything.

    Let's start with these three solutions and see if this resolves the issue before moving on to additional steps.
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

    Account issue

    You might go into the notification settings on the companion app and see if there are issues there. Seems like everyone who has this issue are also using the companion app too when this happens
  4. ChefBobbySlay Win User

    I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down, can't sync to cloud, or my account does not have multiplayer privileges.

    Replying with a fix that has worked for State of Decay's and the app popup issue.

    1. delete all games, the gampepass app, and the companion app.

    2. Redownload the companion app

    3. Sign in, sign out, and sign back into the companion app

    4. Redownload the gamepass app and sign in

    I think the issue was related to my account not being "signed in" in the appropriate places or their apps not communicating appropriately. Have yet to try on FO76 due to the large download, but I will update shortly.

    Update:

    FO76 now works as well. Kind of a strange issue, but that fix seemed to work. Cheers
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Minecraft launcher post-migration login issue

    Please try to login in the Xbox app and the console companion app, see if the same issue happens
  6. PlainolBry Win User

    Game PAss for PC Beta

    Frustrating isn't the word... Same issue still. I logged out of everything, uninstalled the companion app, logged out of store. Rebooted PC, logged into the store app, downloaded the companion app and logged into it... no issues with any of them, went
    to download the Beta app and still the same error message. Don't understand why this is happening.
Thema:

Issue with companion app

Loading...
  1. Issue with companion app - Similar Threads - Issue companion app

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...