Issue with Alexa and Xbox constantly turning off.

Discus and support Issue with Alexa and Xbox constantly turning off. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For about 2 months my Xbox had an issue where it would suddenly turn off. I followed every possible instruction on the Xbox website and cleaned out the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mega_pooh_bear, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Issue with Alexa and Xbox constantly turning off.

For about 2 months my Xbox had an issue where it would suddenly turn off. I followed every possible instruction on the Xbox website and cleaned out the fans. It still happened

Then noticing it wasn’t turning off just going to sleep I decided to disconnect Alexa then it’s been working fine for the last 3 days.

submitted by /u/Mega_pooh_bear
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mega_pooh_bear, Aug 13, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Goomba Slayer 2 Win User

2 xboxes and alexa

You can only have one linked to it at a time Set up Alexa with Xbox One

Note Xbox Skill for Alexa may not be available in all locales.

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles.

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”
  3. H3PA80R Win User

kinect

You could connect your alexa device with your xbox. Works pretty good for me.

Here is how it works:

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see
    Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under
    Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”

And if needed to set it up for more than one Xbox:

Connecting and using Alexa with more than one Xbox involves some extra steps. Those steps depend on the type of commands you’re using.

To connect your first Xbox, see Set up Alexa as a digital assistant for Xbox One.
    To connect a second Xbox to Alexa:

1. Sign in on the Xbox you want to control. The Xbox you’re signed in to will automatically be linked (you can also enable it on your console under
      System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Digital assistants).
    2. Say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair” to the Alexa device you plan on using to control the signed-in Xbox.
    3. Open the Alexa app, then go to Smart Home, select Add Device, and choose device type Other.
    4. Once your Xbox is discovered, change the default name “Xbox” to something else if your first console is also named “Xbox.” This is the device name you’ll use for smart home commands.

Standard commands

Standard commands begin with the phrase “Alexa, tell Xbox to…” and target the Xbox you’re currently signed in to. If you want another Xbox to interact with Alexa, sign in to that console and say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair.” Alexa will
    then start sending commands from that Alexa device to that Xbox.

Smart home commands

Smart home commands, such as “Alexa, turn off Xbox” can work with more than one console if they have different names.

By default, Alexa gives the first discovered console the name “Xbox.” Additional consoles are given default names of “Xbox [####]” to tell them apart, but you can change the console name in the Alexa app to something friendlier, like
    “Upstairs Xbox” or “Josie’s Xbox.” This will enable commands like “Alexa, turn down the volume on Upstairs Xbox.”

Another option is to change the system name of one or more consoles in
    System > Settings > System > Console info to something like “DENXBOX,” for example. Alexa will then identify the Xbox by that name.
  4. matthewHernandez5 Win User

removing xbox one from amazon alexa

I tried this and my friends alexa can still turn off my xbox any other suggestions?
  5. Savvy Joe Win User

XBox Issues

Good news! I got Alexa control working again on the Xbox. Since Alexa sends the signal to the Xbox to turn the volume up/down on the TV, I went to TV control settings in the Xbox settings. Someone had played around with these settings and turned off TV control.
    Now Alexa can control the Xbox/TV volume again.

Unfortunately, the problem with the Xbox app connecting to my Xbox continues. Any advice on this would be appreciated! Thank you for the responses so far!
  6. N0tY0uAgain Win User

Xbox One Original Turns on randomly

People also need to make sure their TV does not automatically turn their XBOX on through the HDMI cable. I have had this issue constantly even though I turned the feature off.
Thema:

Issue with Alexa and Xbox constantly turning off.

1. Issue with Alexa and Xbox constantly turning off. - Similar Threads - Issue Alexa constantly

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  7. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...
  8. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  9. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  10. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...