Issue when trying to open Xbox games on PC.

Discus and support Issue when trying to open Xbox games on PC. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to launch my games from my Xbox app on my PC but whenever i click 'play' i get a message popup that says "Windows cannot access the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gareth Cook1, May 27, 2023.

1. Gareth Cook1
    Gareth Cook1 Guest

I'm trying to launch my games from my Xbox app on my PC but whenever i click 'play' i get a message popup that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" the only solution i could find online was to go into the properties of the game then security and to tick all of the 'allow' boxes but when i click apply i get another error message saying "failed to enumerate object in container".

:)

Gareth Cook1, May 27, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Gareth
    Yes, you need to create a bootable USB drive and then install Windows once you boot into the installer
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Gareth, in this situation, all points to be a some kind of corruption with Windows.
    I recommend you to do a custom Windows installation to solve this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

You can transfer your files once the process ends, but you may need to reinstall the programs
  4. Gareth Cook1 Win User

I've signed into a different Xbox account and the problem is still there.
  5. Gareth Cook1 Win User

Still no luck with the problem, deleted those files but the other account is still there and did the in-place upgrade but no luck with that. when i try to sign in with the 'other' account it just signs me into my normal account. looks like something is seriously wrong with my account. i don't know if this will help but I'm able to launch the Minecraft launcher from the Xbox app and i can play Minecraft java and Minecraft windows but i am unable to play Minecraft dungeons and legends they get the same error message my other Xbox games get.
  6. Gareth Cook1 Win User

Sorry but what do you mean by 'search Services using the Windows search functionality' do you mean use the search bar you get when you open the windows tab? because I searched for each item listed and nothing came up.
Thema:

1. Issue when trying to open Xbox games on PC. - Similar Threads - Issue trying open

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  4. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  5. Issue try to receive email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue try to receive email: Hello, I’m trying to get to an email to setup an account that’s linked with my Xbox account and the service is sending an email to my xboxlivefamily email but I don’t see it in there, is there a...
  6. Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?: When i launch Generation Zero it asks me to sign in into xbox live, which i click. however it comes up with a error saying we can't sign into xbox live, i have tried uninstalling the game, the...
  7. I have been having continuous connection issues with my Xbox. I’ve tried almost every...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having continuous connection issues with my Xbox. I’ve tried almost every...: I have had my Xbox one since 2016 (purchased from GameStop). After about a year, I was continuously being either booted off or having horrendous connectivity. I’ve been back and forth with 6...
  8. Trying to issue "Get service for your device" controller after warranty that keep failing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to issue "Get service for your device" controller after warranty that keep failing.: Hi, I got an XBOX Controller that is under warranty and suddenly its LB button stop responding , I am trying to start the "Get service for your device" procedure under All devices->Xbox using...
  9. Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome: When I load up Xbox.com/play on Chrome and login all of the games are grayed out and I can’t select anything. I am an ultimate subscriber. It works fine on my phone, but is failing on my Android...
  10. I am having issues trying to install the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having issues trying to install the Xbox App: Good morning. I've been trying to install the app of the Xbox on my Windows and is not letting me. It saying "Something went wrong" and it does not installed, I have rebooted my PC and even...