Issue when downloading to external drive

Discus and support Issue when downloading to external drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I reset my computer due to issues and now my Xbox is refusing to download to my external drive, I keep getting error code 0x80070490... submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Unfair_Poetry1527, May 12, 2023.

1. Issue when downloading to external drive

I reset my computer due to issues and now my Xbox is refusing to download to my external drive, I keep getting error code 0x80070490...

submitted by /u/Unfair_Poetry1527
    [link] [comments]

/u/Unfair_Poetry1527, May 12, 2023
  2. Lofty Who Win User

Gears of Worst: Failed Edition

Going slightly off track.

Obviously not everyone using External Drives have issues but does anyone think that problems are more likely to occur with games, downloads using External rather than the Internal Drives?

Not sure why I've never liked the idea of using External Drives, luckily I don't have to but it seems quite a bit of the time when you read about someone having issues they are using External Drives?
  3. RogMiCa Win User

External harddrive for media not recognised by Xbox one

My external hard drive has been having issues since the new dashboard update. Now I have to turn on the Xbox two to three times to get it to recognize it. Also, yesterday, it wouldn't let me download a game to the external hard drive. I was able to download
    it to the internal hard drive but only when the external wasn't recognized. For some strange reason, now when the external hard drive is working, I can't reset the console, I have to turn it completely off. Pressing the reboot option causes the Xbox to sit
    with a black screen and never reboots.
  4. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  5. matthewiag Win User

Xbox One X requires nearly daily restarts

It could possibly be a External Faulty Drive

I would move some games over to the Internal Drive and see how if that resolves the issue temporarily.

As for your download speed issue that might be a side effect from the External Drive
  6. Blastedoregano Win User

My MSFS2020 is downloaded to a hard drive, and a new update was set to download to the folder from when it was in my PC, and I’m thinking i should download it onto the drives official folder, should I

Hello, sorry I wasn’t more specific, but I do have MSFS 2020 downloaded into an external drive, and when it was downloaded onto the external drive it came with its own community and official folder, so my theory is I could set the update to download to external drives official folder, could I do that?
Thema:

Issue when downloading to external drive

1. Issue when downloading to external drive - Similar Threads - Issue downloading external

2. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  3. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  4. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  5. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  6. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  7. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  8. Xbox Series X game download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X game download issues: My xbox has internet connection problems when I download a game. It sometimes only downloads at 5-100 mbit/s. However, when I check the connection between the xbox and the router, the xbox shows...
  9. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues: Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps. Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps per second on Wi-Fi I restarted the Xbox I...
  10. Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.: I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 1 for Xbox Series X and when I first install it for the first time, it stops, I managed to get to 60gb after changing disc 1 to disc 2 as there are 2 disc's and...