Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes

Discus and support Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i start my console up, it initializes start up with power up sound but after afew seconds the shut down chime is repeated several times and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamCorrin, Dec 10, 2018.

  1. SamCorrin
    SamCorrin Guest

    Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes


    When i start my console up, it initializes start up with power up sound but after afew seconds the shut down chime is repeated several times and my xbox turns itself on/off. Also sometimes randomly turns itself on repeating power on/off chimes several times.
    Tried to add video of issue but cant seem to.

    (Original xbox one console)

    :)
     
    SamCorrin, Dec 10, 2018
    #1
  2. {Parity} Win User

    Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes

    Before trying the factory reset try performing the hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug
    the power cord back in and restart the console.

    I does sound like it could be an overheating issue. As the other poster said make sure all vents are clear of dust and debris and that it is in a well ventilated area.

    Hope this helps. Good Luck.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes

    Make sure the console is plugged into a wall socket. If you have it plugged into a power bar the amount of power it needs may be limited as Xbox One consoles have a built in surge protector.

    You can also try a factory reset on the console to see if that helps. There is an option to keep installed games and apps so you won't need to redownload them. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

    If all else fails then the console may need to be sent in for repairs. You can set one up at
    devicesupport.microsoft.com
  4. choppyseize Win User

    Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes

    Hi,

    This sounds like it could be a ventilation issue, Is the Xbox in a place that it can breath properly? Not covered by anything or dirty? Sometimes it can be a fan issue inside and that requires servicing. Do you feel it getting hot ?

    Here is the link to get it serviced if needed - https://support.xbox.com/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  5. ItzAprilLol Win User

    Need help with YouTube

    Hold in the power button until the console shuts off, leave the console unplugged for 5 minutes, then plug back in and start up, upon start up, you should have the green boot screen with the Xbox Logo.
  6. C M1 Win User

    Xbox Series X crashing and shutting off

    Dérek,

    NAT type is open.

    I tried out hotspot and loaded up a game, and it crashed upon starting up and tried a second time, and it only lasted about a minute and a half before crashing.
Thema:

Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes

Loading...
  1. Issue upon start up/running for 3+ minutes - Similar Threads - Issue upon start

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...