Issue: snapping apps or stepping backwards through menus re launches closed games.

Discus and support Issue: snapping apps or stepping backwards through menus re launches closed games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Currently if you've been browsing the menus on your Xbox and you are pressing B to back out of the n level deep menu system that you've burrowed into,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rbrown-uk, Feb 17, 2015.

1. rbrown-uk
    rbrown-uk Guest

Issue: snapping apps or stepping backwards through menus re launches closed games.

Currently if you've been browsing the menus on your Xbox and you are pressing B to back out of the n level deep menu system that you've burrowed into, it's pretty likely that, at some point, the console will then hit the game that you closed ten minutes
    ago and attempt to reopen it. This shouldn't happen. It's not expected behaviour that backing out to the dashboard instead actually reloads things that you closed (even by using the START>QUIT option).

Since there's no way of knowing how far deep you are in the chain of previous opened windows/apps, you can easily hit B and have to sit through the opening cinematics or whatever before you can minimise and close the app again.

Expected behaviour: if the chain of B button 'back' commands hits a full screen app then it goes to the dashboard instead/skips the app.

Related issue: snapping some apps will reload the game or app you've just closed, just so that it can snap to something. This is also really annoying. If I am not in a fullscreen app where I can snap something already, or if I'm on the dashboard, then I
    do not want to load some random previously opened app just to snap a mini app.

Expected behavour: snapped apps snap to the dashboard, or can be launched from the dashboard as full screen apps. Don't relaunch closed games, ever, without the user specifically selecting that game or that pane on the dashboard.

:)

rbrown-uk, Feb 17, 2015
  2. Kara Pugh86
    Kara Pugh86 Guest
    Snapping apps

I'm a member of Xbox one preview program and can no longer snap app such as tv. When using Cortana she will ask witch one and I tell her and she opens the whole thing instead of snapping. Also don't even see the option to snap in general please help.

Kara Pugh86, Feb 17, 2015
  3. Snapping apps?

After the Spring 2017 Update, how do you snap your apps to the side of the screen? I can't seem to find it.

Honestly, this update is kinda annoying to me, I was ok with the way it was. This new stuff is confusing to me. Also, I haven't seen yet something to prevent random people to add me as friends against my will or the ability to send a group. message without
    having to create a conversation. This is a step backwards in the Xbox One to me.

SuperSpartan312, Feb 17, 2015
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox app/Halo Master Chief Collection

A lot of people are having this issue, it won't launch from the Xbox (Beta) app, but it launches perfectly fine from both the Xbox Console Companion app, and from the Start menu itself. It's an extra step needed to launch the game, but that should help
    you get into the game until they resolve the issue with the app.
  5. Titaniumrooster Win User

Halo Infinite Cannot Launch

A solution that worked for me is downloading the game through Steam, and the Xbox App. Then launching the game through Steam to verify it launches and closing then closing the game. After that I launched the game through the Xbox app, it worked just fine after that. I have no idea why this worked for me, but it did. A small solution hopefully that works for you and others too.
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

Backward compatible games wont work on wired connection

Hey Metallica5711! When you launch a Backward Compatibility game, are you able to connect through the Xbox 360 guide? You can access the guide by pressing the view and menu buttons when a Backward Compatibility game is launched. Post back and let me know!
  7. Claudius.H Win User

un-snap an app

Either use the voice command Cold Fusion is suggesting or:

1) Press the home button on your controller to go back to the home screen

2) Use the directional controls to highlight the snapped app (You will see a thick white border around it on the large preview tile)

3) Click the menu button and select "Quit" from the menu

Ideally in step three the "Snap" entry in the menu should change to "Unsnap" for snapped apps, but that's for the OS upgrade to come ;)
  8. Xox VEN0M xoX Win User

How to mute Live TV while watching Xbox Video in Snap Mode

i agree. this is a HUGE issue. Obviously this should be an option as you can do this with the NFL app. when you have the NFL app in the snap menu, you do have the option to mute it by hitting the menu button on the controller. It seems like a no brainer
    to have this option available for all the apps. Especially the TV app. This current error makes the TV app in the SNAP Menu unwatchable as you here volume from the game and live tv. Please let me know when this is updated. again HUGE issue.
Thema:

1. Issue: snapping apps or stepping backwards through menus re launches closed games. - Similar Threads - Issue snapping apps

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  4. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  5. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  8. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...
  9. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  10. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...