Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered

Discus and support Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In August, I made four attempts at purchasing downloadable content through the Microsoft Xbox online service. Each attempt was for the same item,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Norsefox, Oct 28, 2020.

  1. Norsefox
    Norsefox Guest

    Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered


    In August, I made four attempts at purchasing downloadable content through the Microsoft Xbox online service. Each attempt was for the same item, costing £7,99. On each occasion the transaction 'failed',
    and I was presented with an error message, along the lines of "unfortunately the transaction could not be completed at this time".




    As this had failed across two PayPal accounts that I have, and I wasn't credited with the downloadable content on my account, I stopped attempting.



    In September I checked my bank statement, and found that 4 x charges of £7.99 were taken from my account.



    I made four requests to Microsoft through their refund process which must be completed using an online form. On each occasion I was presented with the same basic response:



    We’ve performed an additional review on the account and found it's not eligible for a refund.

    I understand you're requesting a refund. Here's what I found after looking into your request:

    It’s been longer than our refund policy allows for digital game products, so we are unable to refund your order.?

    These responses were rather infuriating because it was a refund request due to no product being delivered (or a charge being wrongly made to my account), not because I was dissatisfied, or because the item was faulty. There is no suitable
    appeal system available - phone calls ended up with sympathetic call handlers who had no power to intervene or assist, as was the live chat option through their website.

    A particularly sympathetic call handler suggested I utilise the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution Service. I have opened a case, but with a month gone, I have received no response or acknowledgement.

    Does anyone have a complaint escalation process that I can use to address this?

    :)
     
    Norsefox, Oct 28, 2020
    #1
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

    Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered

    Hello was it past the refund time when you tried to get the refund?
  3. VibroPlex Win User

    Unable to use Visa Card to purchase 1 Month Gold.

    what happens when you try to buy from the console?

    The one-quid charge is refunded to you each time by Xbox, BTW, but the bank always seems to deliver the refund slower than the charge, for no apparent reason.
  4. PlatinumSpectre Win User

    Do Game.co.uk now charge for pre-orders upfront?

    No they don't they charge your card £1 and then refund it a few days later.

    -

    I pre-ordered Pikmin 3 last week and got charged this tuesday, posted wednesday, delivered thursday.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

    Why am I being charged money

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help with your charges.

    Is this on an account that you have access to?

    If it is, you can request a refund for the charges on the account and just make sure to secure your account by changing the security proofs and password.

    For refunds, please go here:

    http://xbox.com/refunds
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

    $150 worth of game DLC taken from my game account without my permission

    Hi Darcy,

    Thanks for coming to the forums. With refunds there has to be a refund request form filled out. The other way things get refunded is if someone disputed charge with the bank. Then the bank will reverse the charge. Refunds just don't happen automatically.
    We recommend requesting a call from support. If you bought DLC for a game that was being shared, and the owner got game refunded. All you need to do is purchase the game and all the DLC will show again.

    Thanks,

    Brad
Thema:

Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered

Loading...
  1. Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered - Similar Threads - Issue Securing Refund

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. ‘Security protocol will not work’ issue

    in XBoX on Consoles
    ‘Security protocol will not work’ issue: I’m trying to connect to my WiFi on an Xbox series S. every time I’ve seen others have similar issues, they get told to make sure their WiFi is connected to WPA2/WPA3 (including personal) and WEP....
  9. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  10. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7