Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered

Discus and support Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In August, I made four attempts at purchasing downloadable content through the Microsoft Xbox online service. Each attempt was for the same item,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Norsefox, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Norsefox
    Norsefox Guest

In August, I made four attempts at purchasing downloadable content through the Microsoft Xbox online service. Each attempt was for the same item, costing £7,99. On each occasion the transaction 'failed',
    and I was presented with an error message, along the lines of "unfortunately the transaction could not be completed at this time".

As this had failed across two PayPal accounts that I have, and I wasn't credited with the downloadable content on my account, I stopped attempting.

In September I checked my bank statement, and found that 4 x charges of £7.99 were taken from my account.

I made four requests to Microsoft through their refund process which must be completed using an online form. On each occasion I was presented with the same basic response:

We’ve performed an additional review on the account and found it's not eligible for a refund.

I understand you're requesting a refund. Here's what I found after looking into your request:

It’s been longer than our refund policy allows for digital game products, so we are unable to refund your order.?

These responses were rather infuriating because it was a refund request due to no product being delivered (or a charge being wrongly made to my account), not because I was dissatisfied, or because the item was faulty. There is no suitable
    appeal system available - phone calls ended up with sympathetic call handlers who had no power to intervene or assist, as was the live chat option through their website.

A particularly sympathetic call handler suggested I utilise the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution Service. I have opened a case, but with a month gone, I have received no response or acknowledgement.

Does anyone have a complaint escalation process that I can use to address this?

:)

Norsefox, Oct 28, 2020
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello was it past the refund time when you tried to get the refund?
  3. VibroPlex Win User

Unable to use Visa Card to purchase 1 Month Gold.

what happens when you try to buy from the console?

The one-quid charge is refunded to you each time by Xbox, BTW, but the bank always seems to deliver the refund slower than the charge, for no apparent reason.
  4. PlatinumSpectre Win User

Do Game.co.uk now charge for pre-orders upfront?

No they don't they charge your card £1 and then refund it a few days later.

-

I pre-ordered Pikmin 3 last week and got charged this tuesday, posted wednesday, delivered thursday.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Why am I being charged money

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your charges.

Is this on an account that you have access to?

If it is, you can request a refund for the charges on the account and just make sure to secure your account by changing the security proofs and password.

For refunds, please go here:

http://xbox.com/refunds
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

$150 worth of game DLC taken from my game account without my permission

Hi Darcy,

Thanks for coming to the forums. With refunds there has to be a refund request form filled out. The other way things get refunded is if someone disputed charge with the bank. Then the bank will reverse the charge. Refunds just don't happen automatically.
    We recommend requesting a call from support. If you bought DLC for a game that was being shared, and the owner got game refunded. All you need to do is purchase the game and all the DLC will show again.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Issue Securing Refund for DLC Charged but not Awarded/Delivered - Similar Threads - Issue Securing Refund

2. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  3. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  4. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  5. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  6. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  7. Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects: On android, When I can actually get it to start it immediately disconnects, but most of the time it won't even let me log in to my main account which is the only one with ultimate, works fine on...
  8. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  9. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  10. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7