Issue regarding ping between pc and xbox one s using wireless display

Discus and support Issue regarding ping between pc and xbox one s using wireless display in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I can't find any history on the issue I'm experiencing, I'm trying to cast my computer to my xbox one S but got a strange behaviour regarding... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maxime Gaudron, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Issue regarding ping between pc and xbox one s using wireless display

Hello,

I can't find any history on the issue I'm experiencing, I'm trying to cast my computer to my xbox one S but got a strange behaviour regarding the ping
    When I ping the console from my computer the ping is OK, but when I launch the wireless display app on the xbox the ping goes in a waveform style latency

Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=4 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=2 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=3 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=141 ms TTL=128 => here I have laucnhed the app on the xbox but I'm not casting anything yet
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=21 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=339 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=226 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=113 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=1 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=306 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=191 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=73 ms TTL=128
    Réponse de 192.168.1.148 : octets=32 temps=291 ms TTL=128

It cannot be the wireless distance as they are really close to the box and the ping is really good when not running the wireless display.
    the ping is done from the computer so: computer -> routeur -> xbox
    UPNP is on
    wifi 5ghz
    Xbox SE Version: 10.0.22621.3446
    Wireless display version: 1000.19041.3218.70

Does anyone experienced something like this ?

:)

Maxime Gaudron, Feb 25, 2023
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Latency

I would agree with what Farscape said regarding the Xbox ping display...on both my PC and my Xboxes (Series X and One X(, it reports my ping as around 180...yet, checking with speed tests via browser shows it is less than 50.
  3. Temhotabot Win User

xbox live is a disappointment

In regards to your lag:

-are you playing wired or wireless to the network you are using?

-what are your internet speeds? go to speedtest.net and run three tests; one close to you, one far from you and one in between. Then post the results here (upload/download and ping)

In regards to your disc scratching:

-contact support and set up a repair.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

How do I activate the mouse input with the wireless display app on the xbox series?

Hi, Edward my name is Jhon and will be a pleasure help you.

To activate mouse input when using the Wireless Display app on your Xbox Series S, follow these steps:

Open the Wireless Display App:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide menu.

Select My games & apps, followed by See all.

Highlight the Apps tab, and select the option for Wireless Display.

Ensure the App Is Running:

Make sure the Wireless Display app is open and running on your Xbox Series S.
    However, it’s important to note that the Wireless Display app is primarily designed for controller input.

As of now, it does not fully support mouse and keyboard input. When you connect through the wireless display, the connected keyboard and mouse may shut off, and you can only use the Xbox controller.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a direct way to use a mouse and keyboard with the Wireless Display app on Xbox.

If you want to play PC games on your living room TV using the Xbox Series S, consider alternative methods such as using other screen mirroring apps or connecting your PC directly to the TV.

While the Wireless Display app is convenient for controller-based gaming, it may not meet your specific requirements for mouse and keyboard input.

Remember that the range of wireless devices like keyboards and mice can be limited, so ensure that the distance between your PC and the Xbox Series S is within the acceptable range.

If you’re looking for a seamless experience with mouse and keyboard, exploring other display options might be a better solution.

For your reference, I've included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft forum by Ricardo Lechuga Independent Advisor , and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits) :

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/34fddf83-5fd1-4ae6-9d31-780cbffe7db2

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-use-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-s-as-wireless-display/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  5. o M a c z 0 S Win User

Xbox one pings really high .. not matching internet ping

My ping in xbox one 210 m/s bf4 EU server 90 - 120 m/s in my PC ping 30 . which is the difference?
  6. TheRazorEnigma Win User

Installing apps

Hello, this is not possible currently, however if you want to play your PC games on your Xbox you can use the Wireless Display app on Xbox to stream your PC games on Xbox.

I hope this helps,
    I just want to clarify how to use the app.

"Once the app is open on your Xbox One, press Windows key + P to bring up the
    “Project” menu on your PC. Click the “Connect to a wireless display” link. Your Xbox One should appear as one of the options. Click on it, and your screen will cast to the display your Xbox One is connected to." -BGR

I hope this helps with your issue.
Thema:

Issue regarding ping between pc and xbox one s using wireless display

1. Issue regarding ping between pc and xbox one s using wireless display - Similar Threads - Issue regarding ping

2. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  3. Gamepass update issue on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass update issue on PC: I am on PC and Xbox Gamepass has a required update. I try to update. It repeatedly errors out with error code 0x080070020 that seems to relate to multiple instances of the app running. But only...
  4. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  5. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  6. Log-in issues regarding the Minecraft account Post-migration process

in XBoX Accessibility
    Log-in issues regarding the Minecraft account Post-migration process: Hello, I missed the deadline to migrate my Mojang Minecraft account to Microsoft and I'm currently trying to follow the Post-migration process shown in the homepage. However, when I follow Step 1...
  7. I have been experiencing a lot of issues regarding the Xbox PC App that have now bled into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been experiencing a lot of issues regarding the Xbox PC App that have now bled into...: So, as the title suggests, I have experienced a lot of issues with Xbox's PC app, namely being that I cannot download, uninstall, cancel or pause anything in my download section through the app....
  8. Having Issues With Remote Download Regarding Not Enough Space

in XboX Insiders
    Having Issues With Remote Download Regarding Not Enough Space: I have been trying to download some things from the Xbox Beta App V 2307.2.1 and I am on the Series X alpha skip ahead ring. When I try to download things from the app its says there isn't enough...
  9. How do I fix this issue regarding a sale on a game for Xbox live gold users?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix this issue regarding a sale on a game for Xbox live gold users?: NBA2k23 currently has a major sale for users that have Xbox live gold. I would like to purchase 2k for this sale as I have game pass ultimate, which includes Xbox live gold, but upon clicking on...
  10. An issue regarding installing DirectX 12 Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An issue regarding installing DirectX 12 Ultimate: [img] (Translated: This computer is compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate) An issue regarding installing DirectX 12 Ultimate. My Laptop is compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate as shown in the Xbox...