Issue playing 1080 mkv files

Discus and support Issue playing 1080 mkv files in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi After updating my Plex app I started having a problem playing some files. Files are 1080 h264 with AC3 5.1 sound. Initially I thought it was a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Niki Milligan, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Issue playing 1080 mkv files

Hi

After updating my Plex app I started having a problem playing some files.

Files are 1080 h264 with AC3 5.1 sound.

Initially I thought it was a Plex problem (I had been watching the files the night before no problem).

However, having not been able to play them on Plex I went off to the revamped Movie and TV app - and it is also reporting it as unsupported media.

I was able to play these files before - on the current latest Xbox build. I’ve also now downloaded VCL player, and it plays them fine.

it would suggest that there is a BIG media problem in UWP.

Any suggestions for fixing, or have I got it on he nose that there is a bug in UWP?

:)

Niki Milligan, Oct 26, 2017
  2. Media Player Not showing MKV files.

I am having the same issue. MKV files are not appearing in the media player browser. All of the other files that I expect to be there are present except for the MKV files.

Is this an issue with only certain encodings being displayed? Wouldn't that just result in playback issues?

An official response would be great. I was really looking forward to the MKV streaming in the October update.

dr bongstorrm, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Media Player Not showing MKV files.

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. MKV files are not visible.

ScottJMDavies, Oct 26, 2017
  4. JoeWaldera
    JoeWaldera Guest

It seems I have the same problem. I hope there is a fix soon.

JoeWaldera, Nov 7, 2017
  5. JoeWaldera Win User

It seems I have the same problem. I hope there is a fix soon.
  6. dr bongstorrm Win User

Media Player Not showing MKV files.

I am having the same issue. MKV files are not appearing in the media player browser. All of the other files that I expect to be there are present except for the MKV files.

Is this an issue with only certain encodings being displayed? Wouldn't that just result in playback issues?

An official response would be great. I was really looking forward to the MKV streaming in the October update.
  7. nicentra93 Win User

Play to MKV Files

I knew what codecs were just not this one in particular, didn't knew that windows media player actually stream the video to my xbox that's why I had no codec for wmp for 10bit mkv's because I normaly use mpc which has all the codecs i need ;)

and the bloatware became obvious in the midst of installing, i tend to have a clean hdd/ssd with no unnecessary programs

long story short, thanks for the tip with the shark007 codec gave you an thumbs up on the initial answer :)
  8. TheBigBobby Win User

Play to MKV Files

Uhhh, a codec is basically the compressor/decompressor of the audio and video files (streams?) within the video file. An MKV file is just that, a 'bucket' (container) that holds a video file, audio file (or multiple) and subs for example... Someone with
    better in depth knowledge might be able to give you a more technical description. Um, to try and think of it this way, some MKV files have the video encoded in say divx and the audio in MP3. You can have a plethora of different combos inside an MKV, that's
    typically some work and some don't. That's why when sometimes you play a movie you can only hear the sound and not the pic.. Again, someone with better audio/video expertise can probably explain it better.

bloatware is software that is installed that you don't need. It's usually not mallicious like that of spyware or malware, just irritating. Normally the developer would get a kickback from someone installing it.. Have you ever randomly installed something,
    you just kept clicking next though the installer.. Everything installed right. But the you open a browser and all of a sudden you have a new unless toolbar? - that's bloatware. That's why it pays to actually read the installers these days before hitting OK
    or next.

The Shark007 codec pack contains the majority of the codecs one needs and sets them up for you. There are loads of individual options on each codec that I quite honestly have no idea what they mean or do. But the setup for these ones is very basic and it's
    like one checkbox "use recommend settings". And if you come across a file that still has trouble playing, there are other tools avial to find out exactly what codec you are missing..
  9. nicentra93 Win User

Play to MKV Files

Okay I found it out myself works now, thanks :D
Thema:

1. Issue playing 1080 mkv files - Similar Threads - Issue playing 1080

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  8. Remote play issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue: When i connect to the remote play from pc and start it and i enter the Xbox homepage the screen starts getting pixeled and can't see anything 3de69956-cee9-4f72-8272-b58b8fd59601
  9. Network Delta issue to the point can't play

in XboX Insiders
    Network Delta issue to the point can't play: As of the 1st of the year something happened and everything is so slow it like my account is screwed up to the max! i've called tech support only to get blown of and pissed off! i have a 400...
  10. Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.: I can’t join friends on GTA 5 or Fortnite etc any online game really and every time I turn my Xbox on it never connects me to the internet I have to manually do it otherwise I can’t access friends...