Issue Oneguide and Comcast X1 STB. Unable to change channels

Discus and support Issue Oneguide and Comcast X1 STB. Unable to change channels in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried the STB setup using Brand: Comcast and Model: X1 and also the automatic detection where it finds a PACE PX001ANM. Sometimes the oneguide... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by inwq, Apr 25, 2014.

  1. inwq
    inwq Guest

    Issue Oneguide and Comcast X1 STB. Unable to change channels


    I have tried the STB setup using Brand: Comcast and Model: X1 and also the automatic detection where it finds a PACE PX001ANM. Sometimes the oneguide is able to change channels but when I try it again it stops working. Can anybody help me figure out what
    is wrong? I have tried changing channels using kinect voice, smartglass and the controller all with the same results.

    Thanks

    :)
     
  2. Comcast Help!! FOUND SOLUTIONS!!!!

    Perfect, you have the Comcast X1.

    Set your STB brand=Comcast, Model=X1. It'll work fine to change channels.
     
    JT Kimbell [MSFT], Apr 25, 2014
    #2
  3. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Comcast channels wrong

    This is a pretty straightforward, though frustrating issue. Despite well-meaning suggestions above, it does not depend on the model of your STB and powercycling isn't going to help. Whatever provider Microsoft is using to obtain TV listings for the OneGuide
    simply has incorrect/out-of-date channel lineup data for some Comcast markets. In those markets, Comcast moved all of the 400 range channels to the 1000 range months ago (to provide transition time, Comcast briefly left the channels duplicated in both places
    initially). There are NO channels from 400-499 anymore, but the OneGuide still lists them because it is getting bad data from the listings provider. Only the listings provider and Microsoft can fix this incorrect channel lineup issue, and I'm sure they are
    aware of it. Frankly, Microsoft could fix this issue itself if it would just allow users to disable/hide selected channels from the OneGuide, which it needs to do regardless of this issue.
     
    jmcode, Apr 25, 2014
    #3
  4. inwq
    inwq Guest

    Issue Oneguide and Comcast X1 STB. Unable to change channels

    So I found out a few more things. If I turn the STB off and on again the voice command work again. But after a while it stops working. It has to be something with the xbox one because the regular STB remote always works. Any ideas? Is this a bug or something?
     
  5. inwq Win User

    Issue Oneguide and Comcast X1 STB. Unable to change channels

    So I found out a few more things. If I turn the STB off and on again the voice command work again. But after a while it stops working. It has to be something with the xbox one because the regular STB remote always works. Any ideas? Is this a bug or something?
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

    Comcast Help!! FOUND SOLUTIONS!!!!

    Perfect, you have the Comcast X1.

    Set your STB brand=Comcast, Model=X1. It'll work fine to change channels.
  7. jmcode Win User

    Comcast channels wrong

    This is a pretty straightforward, though frustrating issue. Despite well-meaning suggestions above, it does not depend on the model of your STB and powercycling isn't going to help. Whatever provider Microsoft is using to obtain TV listings for the OneGuide
    simply has incorrect/out-of-date channel lineup data for some Comcast markets. In those markets, Comcast moved all of the 400 range channels to the 1000 range months ago (to provide transition time, Comcast briefly left the channels duplicated in both places
    initially). There are NO channels from 400-499 anymore, but the OneGuide still lists them because it is getting bad data from the listings provider. Only the listings provider and Microsoft can fix this incorrect channel lineup issue, and I'm sure they are
    aware of it. Frankly, Microsoft could fix this issue itself if it would just allow users to disable/hide selected channels from the OneGuide, which it needs to do regardless of this issue.
  8. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

    xbox won't change channels through voice commend nor controller

    Hey FuzzyJester,

    Try going into TV & OneGuide settings and typing in make=Comcast, model=X1 for your STB. If that doesn't work go to Troubleshooting and specifically enter C1982 for your STB codeset.

    If that doesn't work, then either your Kinect doesn't have line of sight to your X1, or the X1 actually has its IR receiving turned off and is only doing RF (since you mentioned that your remote has a setting..but usually it should receive both).
  9. JodyCloutier Win User

    Setting up Samsung Tivo device control

    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this is a known issue that these types of advanced set-top-box (STB) controls are not supported yet so you need to continue to use the STB remote? I'm in Canada and using a Media Center PC and the only thing that works
    as well is channel up / down, volume, and yelling at the tv to change channels. See here.

    support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-oneguide
Thema:

Issue Oneguide and Comcast X1 STB. Unable to change channels

Loading...
  1. Issue Oneguide and Comcast X1 STB. Unable to change channels - Similar Threads - Issue Oneguide Comcast

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Oneguide issue

    in XBoX on Windows
    Oneguide issue: Every time I power on my Xbox one S it always opens up the oneguide, and it’s done this since I’ve owned it brand new, I’ve never had an option to disallow it from always opening first, and I...