Issue installing XBox for Windows app

Discus and support Issue installing XBox for Windows app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install the Xbox for Windows app. I get the .exe file downloaded, but when I try to install, it gets about 25% done and then bombs out.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BluePhantom60, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Issue installing XBox for Windows app

I am trying to install the Xbox for Windows app. I get the .exe file downloaded, but when I try to install, it gets about 25% done and then bombs out. I had it installed previously but it stopped working.

:)

BluePhantom60, Mar 19, 2023
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Can't install Halo Wars 2

Hello TDOG453,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Are you attempting to install the game from the Xbox (beta) App, Xbox Console Companion App or the Windows Store App? We have seen some cases where installing the game from the Windows Store App will resolve the issue.
    Go ahead and cancel the installation and begin installing it from the Windows Store App. You can try initiating the installation from the other two applications as well if the Windows Store App does not work.

We noticed that you mentioned trying out several different solutions. We have a support article on our website for

troubleshooting game installations on Windows 10
    . Did any of these solutions help resolve the issue? Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. WakiMak Win User

Xbox asks me to "Change your install options in Profile" even though I have a lot of space

The above issue occurred on a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.

I was able to "fix" the issue by unenrolling from Xbox Insider Hub's Windows Gaming. I then uninstalled the Xbox app. I restarted my machine. I then re-enrolled back in the Windows Gaming Preview. I reinstalled the Xbox App. I still had the same error, so I unchecked the option to "Ask me for install options on every install." Game Pass Games now install as normal rather than the advanced options under C:\Xbox Games.

Identifying the issue was seeing the option "This game supports advanced management features." on the 7 games that were already installed.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows - Xbox Wire

In conclusion,

I believe this is some sort of Xbox Insider Hub Preview issue with the Xbox App because the 7 games were installed without the option of C:\Xbox Games that I had prior to reloading Windows 11.
  4. Rostom L Win User

I appreciate you sharing that. I am glad that it already worked. Thanks for your patience and time here in the community.

Take care!
  5. BluePhantom60 Win User

Thanks for the suggestions. I have completed them all. When I try to get the Xbox App from the store, it is grayed out. I was able to get the xboxinstaller.exe file to download from a browser, but it stalls out about 10%-20% of the way through and just closes.

[​IMG]
  6. BluePhantom60 Win User

I got on the phone with support. Ultimately, ran troubleshooter in Windows Store Apps and that allowed me to download and install from Microsoft Store.
Thema:

1. Issue installing XBox for Windows app - Similar Threads - Issue installing Windows

2. How to fix xbox installing issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox installing issues?: Whenever I go to install a game or download an update, it only gets to halfway, less than halfway, or more than halfway complete. Then, it stops, and it will never continue updating/installing. I...
  3. How do you fix a disc installation issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you fix a disc installation issue?: I got COD AW a few days ago, it started downloading normally as any other game would be but suddenly when it reaches to a certain percentage point where it stops downloading and no matter how many...
  4. Any suggestions for installation problems, booting up issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any suggestions for installation problems, booting up issues: Hey my Xbox has recently started acting up it randomly stops installing games when downloading, delete games if the game needs an update, and sometimes won’t boot up properly, it would show an...
  5. I am having issues trying to install the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having issues trying to install the Xbox App: Good morning. I've been trying to install the app of the Xbox on my Windows and is not letting me. It saying "Something went wrong" and it does not installed, I have rebooted my PC and even...
  6. Issue with disc installation on WD storage card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with disc installation on WD storage card: Hi, I recently purchased a Western Digital 1TB Storage Expansion Drive for Series X from their official website, and when installing a game from the optical drive to this drive, I get an error...
  7. Mincraft launcer instaling issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mincraft launcer instaling issues: I am having issues installing the launcher. After i click the install button nothing happens. I get no error. Have left it like that for about an hour. https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download...
  8. Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series: [img] Sorry to ask the question again but Kathy A closed the task I had open. I was waiting for a replacement xbox to arrive to check if it will work. Sadly it does not and I am getting over this...
  9. Game install issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game install issue: Hello my Call of Duty is not installing I have had modern warfare 2 and just purchased the newest game now noting installs I have done everything unplugging power supply resetting router removing...
  10. TWO ISSUES 1) MY XBOX FOR WINDOWS 10 PC NOT GETTING INSTALLED & 2) PURCHASED AGE OF EMPIRES...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TWO ISSUES 1) MY XBOX FOR WINDOWS 10 PC NOT GETTING INSTALLED & 2) PURCHASED AGE OF EMPIRES...: TWO ISSUES 1) MY XBOX FOR WINDOWS 10 PC WAS NOT GETTING STARTED SO I UNISTALLED AND TRIED TO INSTALL AGAIN BUT IT IS NOT GETTING INSTALLED. & 2) MY AGE OF EMPIRES 2 DEFINITE EDITION WHICH I...