Issue Dolby Vision not working when auto-latency mode is on (Xbox display setting)

Discus and support Issue Dolby Vision not working when auto-latency mode is on (Xbox display setting) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; XBox Series X with latest Console preview OS (Alpha skip). I’ve tried Dolby Vision Gaming on a TCL 6-Series (2020). Ran into some trouble at first, DV... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/desro_, May 29, 2021.

1. /u/desro_
    /u/desro_ Guest

Issue Dolby Vision not working when auto-latency mode is on (Xbox display setting)

XBox Series X with latest Console preview OS (Alpha skip). I’ve tried Dolby Vision Gaming on a TCL 6-Series (2020). Ran into some trouble at first, DV would not pop in when I started a game. Screen turned momentarily black, indicating color profile is changing, but instead of DV (no logo) it show washed up STD color.

I had it working when I tried turning off auto-latency in xbox display setting (console to HDMI-arc). DV loaded just fine, but I had to manually switch to DV game mode in TV setting. Other DV presets on TV seemed to add an annoying input lag with some games.

submitted by /u/desro_
    [link] [comments]

/u/desro_, May 29, 2021
  2. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

The Xbox is able to recognise the Dolby Atmos capability on the soundbar if connected directly .

However FreeSync (variable refresh rate ) is not selectable on the display and sound settings page of the Xbox X.

Free Sync is available on my Samsung Q9 and is an option in the game mode menu of the TV.

Game mode is a TV mode that allows low latency on Samsung (and other manufacturers) TV's.

My TV allows Auto Low Latency and this doesn't work when plugged directly into the soundbar (Samsung HW-N950) despite Auto Low -Latency being recognised on the Display & Sound settings page on the Xbox X. The TV will not allow this when the Xbox is plugged
    into the soundbar via HDMI then into the TV by HDMI ARC.

Auto Game mode or Auto Low Latency turns on game mode while playing games but turns game mode off automatically should i use a blu ray disc for example.

So two modes made available to me by Xbox and Samsung currently don't work in tandem in the correct manner.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Xbox X / Fortnite Light Flashing Bug

Just to be sure. Go to TV and video options and under video modes disable low latency mode, hdr10, auto HDR and Dolby Vision if you use and test games again.
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

These are the correct steps for configuration, verify them:

Things to keep in mind:
    On Xbox Series X|S, Dolby Vision is available for gaming and media streaming apps.
    On Xbox One X and Xbox One S, Dolby Vision is available only for media streaming applications.

The original Xbox One console does not support Dolby Vision.
    Dolby Vision is not available for Blu-ray media playback.

To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision.

To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision for games.
    To check if your display supports Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > 4K TV details.

For best results, we recommend a direct wired connection from your Xbox to the TV, such as an HDMI cable.
    Note Check with your TV manufacturer for firmware updates and Dolby Vision game compatibility.

If your 4K@120Hz TV supports Dolby Vision games in 4K@60Hz but not 4K@120Hz, follow these instructions for Dolby games

Vision and contact the TV manufacturer.
    Games in Dolby Vision:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & display options.
    Set Resolution to 4K.

Set Refresh Rate to 60Hz.
    Play at 120 fps:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & display options.
    Set Resolution to 4K.

Set Refresh Rate to 120Hz.
    If your TV has the latest firmware and you experience screen latency or input lag while playing games in Dolby Vision, disable Dolby Vision while playing games and contact the TV manufacturer.

To disable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision > Disable.

If your TV or monitor displays a blank screen after enabling Dolby Vision, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable. If you still see a blank screen, restart your Xbox console:
    Press and hold the Xbox  button on your controller.
    Select Turn off console or Restart console > Restart.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...o enable Dolby Vision, press,de video > Allow %20Dolby%20Vision.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  5. TheDarknight08 Win User

Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode

Hi Udder Discharge,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you struggle with Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode. I am more than happy to help answer your questions to the best of my knowledge and find additional resources for you. Your Xbox Series X came with an HDMI 2.1. An HDMI 2.1 cable adds auto low latency mode (ALLM) that will automatically switch your display to its best mode for gaming. Also, you are correct that if your display comes with a Game Mode, you want to turn it off as it can interfere with your image. HMDI 2.0 limits the HDR10 and, of course, viewing things at 120hrz. ALLM works with Dolby vision. As for using a soundbar, you need to use an HDMI ARC-enabled soundbar and TV port. You need to make sure it's either Arc or eArc. You will also need to purchase the Dolby Atmos app on Xbox to enable it.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  6. Richard waddington Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
Thema:

1. Issue Dolby Vision not working when auto-latency mode is on (Xbox display setting) - Similar Threads - Issue Dolby Vision

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  5. Dolby atmos issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby atmos issues: I have been using Dolby atmos on my Xbox for a few years now. Just this past week I have ran into issues. Randomly my audio will cut out for about 2 seconds then switch to windows sonic. When I go...
  6. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  7. Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.: I started a 7 day free trial with Dolby access on my xbox series s and when I tried to configure it it told me that I needed to buy a license or start a free trial. So I went back to the app and...
  8. Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz: Hello, I have a Xbox Issue. My issue is dolby vision gaming only on 60 Hz. If i select 4k 120 Hz and disable dolby vision gaming i have 120 Hz but with dvg i have only 60 Hz !! What to do I...
  9. Issue with Dolby Access not connecting to microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue with Dolby Access not connecting to microsoft store: I purchased a headset that came with 2 years access to Dolby atmos (Using with xbox series x). I followed the instructions for setup but the dolby access app is giving me an error that says...
  10. XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue: So I’ve been using Dolby Vision Gaming for awhile now but after i just got done playing BF2042 every time I try to play a game that uses Dolby Vision my screen glitches and never goes away but i...