Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games

Discus and support Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I’m using the Dolby Atmos with an external Soundbar. The issue is that by default I have an input lag only in Dolby Atmos, caused by the TV... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/kevouting, Sep 17, 2020.

1. /u/kevouting
    /u/kevouting Guest

Hello,

I’m using the Dolby Atmos with an external Soundbar.

The issue is that by default I have an input lag only in Dolby Atmos, caused by the TV itself. I found a way to fix it by enabling an option in E-ARC with ‘PassTrough’.

The issue I’m having with the Xbox, is that if I’m switching from an Application/Game to the Dashboard the Audio of the xbox does something weird and I’m forced to disabled the ‘PassThrough’ option and enabled it again each time to have the audio back.

I think it’s an issue with the Xbox because I don’t have any issue with my PS4 Pro or even the Switch.

I think the Xbox the Xbox Is switching of audio channel each time we changed from Dashboard to Applications or Games and it seems to lost the tv I guess ?

submitted by /u/kevouting
    [link] [comments]

/u/kevouting, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Kirill Krasin Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox

Hello,

I have almost the same issue. I've bought Dolby Atmos for Headphones from Microsoft Store, connect my headset to controller and set audio output to Dolby Atmos in my Audio Settings page. But sometimes it is roll back to Windows Sonic! I've launch Dolby
    Access app, check that in settings page selected Dolby Atmos For Headphones, close this app and get back to Audio Settings, change Windows Sonic to Dobly Atmos.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  4. Avenge El Chapo Win User

Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel

Hey so I will say, I have tested this with an HT-7000 as well as an LG S95QR, and the issue with centre channel audio/subwoofer not working is an issue exclusively with the Samsung soundbars.

I have an LG G2 OLED, and it’s e-Arc port might have changed if you have say a C1 or CX, but I have no issues with lipsync/audio delay on these TV’s when the tv settings, Xbox and soundbar settings are correct (lag is indistinguishable from 7.1 uncompressed). Sometimes it is a result of the TV though and it’s e-Arc port/processing, so the Sharc V2 by ThenAudio is a device that you would have to add if your still experiencing audio delay issues.

First thing of order though is getting a viable Atmos soundbar for Atmos gaming, which the Samsungs at the moment are not. From My understanding, there are different “types” of Dolby Atmos, just like there are different types of Dolby Vision (such as Low Latency Dolby Vision/LLDV, and regular Dolby Vision). The Q930B doesn’t support every Atmos format.

Last years Samsung soundbars had the same issue. They could use Dolby MAT (Blue Ray version of Dolby Atmos), and it wasn’t until the 2022 soundbars that they fixed this. Now, this years soundbars don’t support LPCM Atmos, or Dolby Mat 2.0. You can see this issue actually present on the soundbar, if you go into a non-Atmos game on your Xbox (when set to Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre), and you check the information on the soundbar it displays as “Multi-Channel PCM” rather than “Dolby Audio”. It’s an issue with the soundbars not supporting enough audio formats essentially, and it downconverts it to another channel, causing issues.
  5. Krudster Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

This is Xbox One specific, and relates to how Dolby Atmos capabilities via Home Cinema amps. They have been compromised by the fact that the Dolby Atmos app version has not kept up with the firmware of numerous current amps from multiple brands.

Since August, it changed from outputting Atmos signals as "Atmos" to to generic "multi Ch in".

Like many others, I mailed Denon, and it is an issue relating to the MAT container embedded in the Dolby Atmos app. We collectively need a definitive answer on when Microsoft and/or Dolby intends to upgrade to 1.6?

The full quite of the Denon explanation is below:

"Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detecting the channel based PCM signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container.
    And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing
    yet:"
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
Thema:

1. Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games - Similar Threads - Issue Dolby Atmos

2. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  3. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  4. Dolby atmos issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby atmos issues: I have been using Dolby atmos on my Xbox for a few years now. Just this past week I have ran into issues. Randomly my audio will cut out for about 2 seconds then switch to windows sonic. When I go...
  5. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  6. Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.: I started a 7 day free trial with Dolby access on my xbox series s and when I tried to configure it it told me that I needed to buy a license or start a free trial. So I went back to the app and...
  7. Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz: Hello, I have a Xbox Issue. My issue is dolby vision gaming only on 60 Hz. If i select 4k 120 Hz and disable dolby vision gaming i have 120 Hz but with dvg i have only 60 Hz !! What to do I...
  8. Issue with Dolby Access not connecting to microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue with Dolby Access not connecting to microsoft store: I purchased a headset that came with 2 years access to Dolby atmos (Using with xbox series x). I followed the instructions for setup but the dolby access app is giving me an error that says...
  9. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...
  10. Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1: I was playing Call of Duty MW2 this evening (May 3, 2023) and everything worked fine. Then it stopped. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled them, restarted my xbox a few times, but the key issue...