Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

Discus and support Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have been trying to connect my X1X to a ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ monitor, unfortunately so far I am only able to achieve 1080p 120hz or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by P33N3ling, Jun 11, 2020.

  1. P33N3ling
    P33N3ling Guest

    Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor


    Hi Everyone,

    I have been trying to connect my X1X to a ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ monitor, unfortunately so far I am only able to achieve 1080p 120hz or 1440p 60hz, I have tried the standard HDMI cable as well as a HDMI 2.1 8k cable, both with the same results. I have
    tried various settings include full factory reset of both the X1X and the monitor. de-selected 4k and HDR settings and also tried manually selecting resolution and refresh rate. All resulting in the same issue of reverting back to 1080p 120hz.

    I have spoken to ASUS Gaming support and they say it should be compatible and to consult XBOX.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/VG27WQ/VG27WQ_English.pdf

    Does anyone have any experience with overcoming this issue?

    Any suggestions welcome.

    Pete

    :)
     
    P33N3ling, Jun 11, 2020
    #1
  2. P33N3ling Win User

    Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

    Thanks but im not trying to achiebe 4k 60hz im trying to achieve 2k (1440p) at 120hz.
  3. olLMNTRXlo Win User

    Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

    Xbox one X only supports 4k 60fps as my understanding and not in

    every game
  4. DarkrPhi Win User

    Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

    Are you sure its thru hdmi or dvi?

    If it doesnt support 1440p and 144hz thru dvi it probavly most likely only does 120hz over hdmi just a fyi very few monitors support 144hz 1440p over hdmi
  5. P33N3ling Win User

    Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

    The monitor supports 1440p 120hz through HDMI 2.0. i have tried even with a HDMI 2.1 just to make sure it has the bandwidth.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

    I think I messed up

    The TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27-inch monitor is one of the impressive builds from the ASUS line-up. It has a native refresh rate of 144Hz and a maximum refresh rate of 165Hz. The device is powered by FreeSync and is G-Sync (NVIDIA Certified) compatible. The device offers a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 and offers wider viewing angles.

    even in the manual it stated adaptive sync which is usually both, the reason they are showing with gsync is that its on the nvidia approved list, but apparently it has all.

    also some people chatting about how to set it up for series x

    (5) Asus TUF VG27AQ with XBOX Series X 1440p 120hz with VRR ON : Monitors (reddit.com)
Thema:

Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

Loading...
  1. Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor - Similar Threads - Issue configuring 1440p

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. tuf gaming vg27wq xbox one x