Is Xbox still offering a game for disc drive issues?

Discus and support Is Xbox still offering a game for disc drive issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a Xbox one for my kids for Christmas. The disc drive was bad, and I sent in for repairs. I chatted with Xbox and they said the game was for a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArmchairCoder95, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Is Xbox still offering a game for disc drive issues?

I bought a Xbox one for my kids for Christmas. The disc drive was bad, and I sent in for repairs. I chatted with Xbox and they said the game was for a limited time. Has anyone had success in getting a game?

:)

ArmchairCoder95, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Xbox one replacment game

You Should Contact Customer Service, MS Was Offering A Launch Title Download For Those With Faulty Disc Drives.

Spike68-11F12E56-F84E-4CF0-A409-79EE0294994A, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Stray2615
    Stray2615 Guest
    Xbox one trade in gamestop

Damn man. EB games offered me $110 Australian (like $140USD) for an Xbox with a broken disc drive.

Stray2615, Jan 7, 2014
  4. W1LD SEVEN
    W1LD SEVEN Guest

I sent in mine a few days ago and although the process has gone smoothly i was somewhat annoyed when they informed me the free game ended Dec 31st. Apparently disc drives failing after approx 40 days from release they don't care about which is pretty laughable.

W1LD SEVEN, Jan 7, 2014
  5. W1LD SEVEN Win User

I sent in mine a few days ago and although the process has gone smoothly i was somewhat annoyed when they informed me the free game ended Dec 31st. Apparently disc drives failing after approx 40 days from release they don't care about which is pretty laughable.
  6. Lord Dirt Win User

Disc not loading completely along with grinding noise

Microsoft Offers Advice Regarding Xbox One Disc Drive Issues

Written Friday, November 22, 2013 By Lee Bradley

The Xbox One launched today and what started as a few, isolated reports of broken disc drives has now turned into a trickle.

Users are taking to social media to report that when they slot a game into their new console, it makes horrible grinding noises and doesn’t register the disc. You can see an example here.

There’s still no indication as to the size of the issue, but for those that have experienced problems, Microsoft has offered some advice.

“We know that with a hardware launch of this magnitude customers will have questions and we have many avenues for customers to get the answers they need and get back in the game as soon as possible,” Microsoft told Kotaku in response to an enquiry about
    the issue.

“Rest assured we plan to take care of our customers. Any customer who believes they are experiencing an issue with their Xbox One should reach out to us.

“There are many avenues available for customers to get in touch with us including: Talking to a live customer support person that can call you back if you don't want to wait; Xbox.com for support pages and forums; On Twitter with @XboxSupport; There are
    also Help and diagnostics on the console by saying ‘Xbox Help.’

www.xbox360achievements.org/.../news-16752-Microsoft-Offers-Advice-Regarding-Xbox-One-Disc-Drive-Issues.html
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

Playing a game from flash drive rather than CD

Hi JimvonMeier,

As stated earlier games cannot be played from a flash drive. Also if the disc is installed, it will still spin in the disc drive. If it's very loud then there may be an issue with the optical disc drive.

Try turning off the Xbox and unplugging the power cord for a few minutes to reboot the Xbox 360.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

USB 3.0 Drive... Can I use it to transfer an installed game from one Xbox One console to another?

If the disc drive is faulty then you may still have issues even with the game installed on an external drive.

The disc still needs to be read to verify it when you first put the disc into the console.

I've had faulty disc drives that would not play disc copies of games even though they were already installed.
  9. HassanB Win User

Discs not being detected

Hi,

Unfortunately, if you've already gone through the steps in the disc drive solution guide here you will need to follow through with that last
    step and get the console repaired.

Sorry, but that is the only information we would be able to offer you in regards to the disc unreadable issue on all of your games.
Thema:

1. Is Xbox still offering a game for disc drive issues? - Similar Threads - still offering game

2. Ultimate upgrade offer still on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ultimate upgrade offer still on?: If I have months left on my Gold sub and I do the $1 for one month upgrade offer, does it still upgrade all my time left on the Gold? I wasn't sure if the offer ended yet....
  3. If I complete a Monthly offer in the last day will I still get my rewards/points?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I complete a Monthly offer in the last day will I still get my rewards/points?: Like the title says, what will happen if someone complete a monthly offer in the last day? Because the system shows our progress 4 days later, so that person will not be able to see if the system...
  4. 1 Month Free Membership when you sign up to Rewards. Offer expired 28/02 but is still up ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    1 Month Free Membership when you sign up to Rewards. Offer expired 28/02 but is still up ...: This morning I saw an offer where if you sign up to the Rewards programme you get a months free Game Pass, and after signing up to it I did not receive such promotion. I then noticed in the fine...
  5. Still haven't received points for the Being Dr. Rewards offer

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still haven't received points for the Being Dr. Rewards offer: I've purchased over $30 in games and tv show rentals. I've purchased $2 avatar goods. And I completed over 5 achievements in the game I bought (Super Lucky's Tale). The My Missions page still...
  6. still No Gears of war codes after 2 weeks of buying gears of war 4 promotion offer PLEASE HELP

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    still No Gears of war codes after 2 weeks of buying gears of war 4 promotion offer PLEASE HELP: i bought gears of war 4 during the promotion offer so i could get all the previous games, i still have not received one game code please help i would like to play....
  7. Still no codes provided for the Quantum Break pre-order offer.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Still no codes provided for the Quantum Break pre-order offer.: Hi there Xbox, my previous thread was locked so I wasn't abler to reply in that thread. It has now been 16 days and still no codes. I was asked to post back after 16 days if I still had not...
  8. Still no Vegas 1 and Vegas 2 Codes. (R6 Siege Offer)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Still no Vegas 1 and Vegas 2 Codes. (R6 Siege Offer): Hab meine Codes immer noch nicht erhalten und ist schon länger als 10 Tage her [Translation: Still can not get my belongings codes and is already more than 10 days ago]...
  9. Is Mad Max DLC offer still valid for UK?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Is Mad Max DLC offer still valid for UK?: The offer has expired for "50 US States & D.C., Canada, and Australia" on Sep 7th as I found the info here: http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/video/mad-max-dlc-offer but I can not find the info for the...
  10. DS1 still an offer now that DS3 has been released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DS1 still an offer now that DS3 has been released?: DS 3 has bee released for a few days now and the description still has the info about getting a free copy of DS1, but it does say with pre-order. Does anyone know if that offer is still valid now...