Is Xbox 360 still backwards compatible without support?

Discus and support Is Xbox 360 still backwards compatible without support? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can you still play original Xbox games on the Xbox 360? d2a8c52e-6699-455d-9761-c80cfd36ee36 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by trevor budnick, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Is Xbox 360 still backwards compatible without support?

Can you still play original Xbox games on the Xbox 360?

:)

trevor budnick, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Trevor, yes some original xbox games still work on xbox 360.

You can check the official list of games, by the link below

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/backward-compa...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can, but it relies on a sector of an official Microsoft Xbox 360 hard drive remaining uncorrupted, which is something that happens quite often. There’s nothing that can be done to repair it once it’s broken it’s broken forever so if the game doesn’t work on an Xbox 360 and it’s on the list, just figure your hard drive is corrupted. You’re much better off finding an original Xbox.
  4. WPAK Win User

Can I use old digital games I purchased on Xbox 360 on an Xbox One?

Hi there,

not all Xbox 360 games are backwards compatible, but there are quite a few that will work on the Xbox One console.

See this link for all details and what games are supported (the library is still growing):

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 backwards compatibility with original Xbox titles

6. Thorlord Win User

Backwards compatibility is non-exsistant?

Why is backwards compatibility such a huge issue for some people?

- The backwards compatibility of the Xbox 360 with the Xbox was extremely limited, some consoles didn't even have it.

- The backwards compatibility of the PS3 with PS2 was for launch consoles and became non-existent within 6 months of launch.

- The cost of adding backwards compatibility to the Xbox One would be offset by an even higher price tag, estimating between $75 to $150 per console.

- The durability, heat, and size of the console is reduced by not having to bother with hardware backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360, software backwards compatibility was disappointing and would have still increased the cost of the console to offset
    the development time into creating it, if it was at all possible.

Fact of the matter is: The Xbox One is a better, cheaper, more reliable console without backwards compatibility, Essentially, don't buy an Xbox One until there are Xbox One Games that you want. Keep your Xbox 360 for your existing Xbox 360 games.
Thema:

1. Is Xbox 360 still backwards compatible without support? - Similar Threads - 360 still backwards

2. Can Xbox 360 still stream to twich

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Xbox 360 still stream to twich: I saw that it could In 2019 but I'm not sure if it is still capable 300742ef-7513-4b4e-b5d7-a9e25bf267a0
  3. Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?: Flashing red lights error around power button. 610d5d08-7e34-4364-8526-77fb634bb072
  4. Does Xbox 360 beacons still work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox 360 beacons still work?: I’m looking at setting up a beacon on Xbox 360 but when l press set beacon it says there’s no recent activity. Is this just a glitch on my end or is beacons impossible to set up now?...
  5. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  6. Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...: I want to purchase armored core for answer on the Xbox 360 I don’t have enough room on my Xbox 360 at the moment to download it my question is when the store shuts down if it is not downloaded...
  7. Can you still play ace combat assault horizon on xbox 360 s with disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you still play ace combat assault horizon on xbox 360 s with disc?: Hello xbox. I was wondering if ace combat assault horizon is still playable on xbox 360 s if you use the game disc. I heard its not working digitaly but does it work by inserting the disc?...
  8. Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023?: I tried to play a copy of Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One. I own the game on a disc made for the Xbox 360. I've played the game before multiple times on my Xbox One, so I know that it was...
  9. Are Xbox 360 games still backwards compatible on Xbox One X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Xbox 360 games still backwards compatible on Xbox One X?: Recently I've been playing through some 360 games that I've have physical copies of, but have been running into an issue. It started off w/ a copy of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition. I've been...
  10. Updated 360 console to make it backward compatible but it still won’t play the game. How do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated 360 console to make it backward compatible but it still won’t play the game. How do...: Console updated but still won’t play Xbox game that is on the list of playable games. AMF bowling 2004 Disney Cars How do I correct this? 36c962de-52b0-4262-9f3c-df8d484020ba