Is this typical of MS Support?

Discus and support Is this typical of MS Support? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sent in XBox 360 on 11-14-2013 for OOW repair. Looking back, it was a stupid move to waste $106 to fix something I can get for new for $200 on sale.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by plappo, Jan 2, 2014.

1. plappo
    plappo Guest

Sent in XBox 360 on 11-14-2013 for OOW repair. Looking back, it was a stupid move to waste $106 to fix something I can get for new for $200 on sale.

Anyway. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Attempted a chat on 12-10-2013 but the wait was 1hr+.

Then I chat today for 1hr+ to get the most ridiculous response which is attached below....but the highlight is this.

Evangeline: Upon checking, as of 11/26/2013, the device is still being repaired. You don't have to worry now, Scott.

My response is: 11/26/2013 was 5-6 weeks ago. So what happened to it?

Evangeline: Do not worry, Scott, it is still in the Service Center and is being repaired.

12 minutes later, I get this: Hi Scott! Thank you so much for patiently waiting. I have double checked the status of the repair, it appears that your device is now being shipped out. In a few days, you will receive an email that contains a tracking
    number. Please check your email from time to time, alright?

I'm just wondering if this is typical. I've never dealt with Microsoft for repair or contacting them for a status update. Not impressed, but maybe this is par. I thought I'd save $100 by getting this fixed for my kid, but 2 months later and he's kinda crabby
    with me. He might be spoiled, but I told him I would take care of it. His10yo mind doesn't understand the behind the scenes of why his favorite toy in the world went away for 2 months. Had I known, I would have put the money to something else. But I didn't
    and while we cannot afford an XBox One for him this year, next year I might consider the purchase otherwise if this is in fact typical of repair, support and follow-up that Microsoft offers.

Here is the full text of the exhilarating chat I just had that went nowhere for almost an hour and then went nowhere for those of you more bored than me for posting this post.

info: at 21:28:51

Please wait for an agent to respond.

The current average wait time is 23 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:30:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 21 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:32:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 21 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:34:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 20 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:36:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 17 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:38:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 12 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:40:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 12 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:42:51

info: at 21:44:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 7 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:46:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 4 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:48:51

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 3 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 21:50:04

Privacy Statement

You are now chatting with 'Evangeline'

Evangeline: at 21:50:10

Thank you for contacting Xbox Chat Support, my name is Evangeline. Please give me a few minutes while I review your concern.

Evangeline: at 21:51:24

Hi Scott! Thank you for patiently waiting. I hope you are doing good today.

Scott: at 21:52:25

I am thank you.

Evangeline: at 21:53:07

Glad to hear that, Scott.

Evangeline: at 21:53:41

I understand that you want an update for the status of your Xbox repair, is this correct?

Scott: at 21:54:07

Yes. 7 weeks with no update is excessive.

Evangeline: at 21:55:26

I do apologize for the inconvenience, Scott. Do not worry, I will check it for you.

Evangeline: at 21:56:16

Before we proceed, may I have your gamertag, please?

Scott: at 21:57:09

M@@@@a

Evangeline: at 21:58:16

Thank you. Please give me a few minutes while I pull up your account, alright?

Evangeline: at 21:59:31

By the way, may I please have your Service Reference number?

Scott: at 22:00:06

12234@@@@4

Evangeline: at 22:00:24

Thank you so much. Please give me a few minutes while I check.

Evangeline: at 22:04:14

I am still reviewing your account, Scott. Thank you for your patience.

Evangeline: at 22:09:00

Thank you for patiently waiting, Scott. We really appreciate it.

Evangeline: at 22:12:14

Hi Scott, just checking if we are still connected?

Scott: at 22:12:24

yes

Evangeline: at 22:12:53

Thank you. I thought I have lost you.

Evangeline: at 22:14:47

Upon checking, ss of 11/26/2013, the device is still being repaired.

Evangeline: at 22:15:00

*as

Evangeline: at 22:16:13

You don't have to worry now, Scott.

Scott: at 22:17:17

11/26/2013 was 5-6 weeks ago. So what happened to it?

Evangeline: at 22:19:31

Do not worry, Scott, it is still in the Service Center and is being repaired. If I may ask, what is your zip code?

Scott: at 22:19:48

Evangeline: at 22:20:58

Thank you. Let me just check something here. Thank you for your patience.

Evangeline: at 22:30:03

Hi Scott! Thank you so much for patiently waiting. I have double checked the status of the repair, it appears that your device is now being shipped out. In a few days, you will receive an email that contains a tracking number.

Evangeline: at 22:32:22

Please check your email from time to time, alright?

:)

plappo, Jan 2, 2014
  2. BeoTeKza
    BeoTeKza Guest
    Xbox Music and South Africa

This is so typical of MS though. It's like we fall outside of the world.

BeoTeKza, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Xbox keeps shutting down

Yes, mine does this, but 5 seconds after switchining on. Its in the process of being sent back. Typical MS :-(

Carter7-D0A1B1F3-D125-444B-A55F-656E40DBF506, Jan 2, 2014
  4. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest

The repair time here is not typical. I can not say exactly why this happened but could only venture a guess that the service center has a high volume of repairs at this time. I would contact phone support and explain how this repair went. They may compensate
    you with some extra gold time, or maybe a downloadable game. You never know. Xbox usually will try to make things right.

oOUTSIDERo62, Jan 3, 2014
  5. CYR426
    CYR426 Guest
    its typical ms support and if and when you get your console back it wont be the same one you sent in

CYR426, Jan 4, 2014
  6. jetlag 2000
    jetlag 2000 Guest
    if i was you i wouldnt bother with xbox full stop online support is ridiculous they just threw a box together n callled it xbox one forever going down n getting less supportive of xbox 360 excuse rant n hope you got your childs xbox sorted

jetlag 2000, Oct 31, 2018
  7. CYR426 Win User

its typical ms support and if and when you get your console back it wont be the same one you sent in
  8. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

The repair time here is not typical. I can not say exactly why this happened but could only venture a guess that the service center has a high volume of repairs at this time. I would contact phone support and explain how this repair went. They may compensate
    you with some extra gold time, or maybe a downloadable game. You never know. Xbox usually will try to make things right.
  9. jetlag 2000 Win User

if i was you i wouldnt bother with xbox full stop online support is ridiculous they just threw a box together n callled it xbox one forever going down n getting less supportive of xbox 360 excuse rant n hope you got your childs xbox sorted
  10. MetalGearFloppy Win User

Typical customer support?

^^^^ Yup... Plus, lets face it, the first thing 99% of people in the same situation would do would be to ring Game or just take the headset back.
  11. MetalGearFloppy Win User

Typical customer support?

The OP was given good advice, common sense stuff really.

Not sure what he's complaining about on here.
Thema:

1. Is this typical of MS Support? - Similar Threads - typical Support

2. When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?: Hello, Ive been waiting years for microsoft to add support to my country Romania( a country thats in the EU) and yet it its been so long and no new updates. Please Microsoft expand your country...
  3. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  4. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  5. Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions: I've had it with Microsoft. I've switched to iOS years ago and I've lost touch with all the nuances it takes to navigate permissions and settings for gaming. I've got kids that want to play online...
  6. How to fix continual green ship loading screen without the typical "lots of players playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix continual green ship loading screen without the typical "lots of players playing...: It works fine in the browser just not on the app (PC Win 11). Already tried removing firewalls, logging in and out, Xbox app and windows are fully updated. Works on other devices....
  7. When are the Xbox Fanfest Trivia rewards typically given out?

in XBoX on Windows
    When are the Xbox Fanfest Trivia rewards typically given out?: I participated in the 23 August Fanfest Trivia and placed top 500. But I seem to not have received any rewards on my account. 31929f5a-a9be-4e6c-9c80-ba102d6a5d8f
  8. Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?: Has this been fixed? Genuinely tried 6 or 7 "fixes" now and absolutely nothing works. Yet the continue to charge me $15 a month and the app simply doesn't work. It's ridiculous. Anybody know of a...
  9. Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?: I’ve had several XBox X|S controllers go down because R1 bumper just stops working. Is this a common issue? 4517ea52-6956-4043-8e09-abd93aa76aa2
  10. Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue: Hi I have ASUS TUF F15 Laptop while gaming wifi disappears please help me in resolving this issue. eb74a8c4-2e9e-4e2f-b81a-c7d33902ae87