Is this typical for the case fitting at the rear of the One X?

Discus and support Is this typical for the case fitting at the rear of the One X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two launch Scorpio X's, but one of them died, so I ordered a new one from Amazon. However, when it arrived, I noticed it looked "bowed out" at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SteveHargreaves, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Is this typical for the case fitting at the rear of the One X?

I have two launch Scorpio X's, but one of them died, so I ordered a new one from Amazon. However, when it arrived, I noticed it looked "bowed out" at the back and underneath at the rear of the machine.

It looked like the case hadn't been assembled properly. Here is a hastily taken picture, before I sent it back to Amazon.

I'd actually tried to push it back together at the centre at this point, thinking it might click into place. It doesn't look like much, but that gap was enough to push down the base of the console so that the casing rested on my TV unit rather than the
    rubber feet at the rear, causing it to wobble! I've done some googling, and seen some other pics of newer consoles, and the back looking like this. It seems a bit shoddy.

I didn't want to keep it, because if I ever had cause to send it to MS under warranty, they could claim it looked like it had been opened.

Is this typical for the case fitting at the rear of the One X? [​IMG]

:)

SteveHargreaves, Apr 5, 2019
  2. SteveHargreaves Win User

It was from Amazon themselves. It was the Division 2 bundle. I did have concerns because it did look at though somebody had had a go at peeling off those circular anti-tamper sticker things you get on the outside of the box.

But when I opened it, it did look new inside and untouched. But who knows!
  3. ohiostate111 Win User

Good call sending back to Amazon while within the return policy,
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the Xbox One X. As mentioned up above,
    for any device issues
    contact Customer Support
    for further assistance or visit the Device service and Repair
    site.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back
    to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Steve,

That seems odd because the Scorpio edition was never included in any kind of bundle. The Scorpio edition was a special edition only available during the Xbox One X launch. No more were manufactured after launch and definitely not included in a Division 2
    bundle. The
    Division 2 bundle
    provided directly from Microsoft includes an Xbox One S, not an Xbox One X so some third party definitely just opened the box from the real bundle and put in the Scorpio edition.

Since Amazon fulfills most of the orders for third parties, I'm glad you already took it upon you to contact them about this issue.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
  6. SteveHargreaves Win User

Yeah, buying from Amazon is great and they rarely quibble about such things. Unlike you, CamcaziBoss, I can't get around easily because of permanent injuries to my legs, otherwise, I was like you and always went into stores to check stuff before buying :)

Amazon is the closest replacement for that I think. But watching several unboxing videos, some consoles out there, do really look similar to this one, which is a bit worrying, and it looks shoddy.
Thema:

1. Is this typical for the case fitting at the rear of the One X? - Similar Threads - typical case fitting

2. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  3. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  4. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  5. Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions: I've had it with Microsoft. I've switched to iOS years ago and I've lost touch with all the nuances it takes to navigate permissions and settings for gaming. I've got kids that want to play online...
  6. How to fix continual green ship loading screen without the typical "lots of players playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix continual green ship loading screen without the typical "lots of players playing...: It works fine in the browser just not on the app (PC Win 11). Already tried removing firewalls, logging in and out, Xbox app and windows are fully updated. Works on other devices....
  7. When are the Xbox Fanfest Trivia rewards typically given out?

in XBoX on Windows
    When are the Xbox Fanfest Trivia rewards typically given out?: I participated in the 23 August Fanfest Trivia and placed top 500. But I seem to not have received any rewards on my account. 31929f5a-a9be-4e6c-9c80-ba102d6a5d8f
  8. Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?: Has this been fixed? Genuinely tried 6 or 7 "fixes" now and absolutely nothing works. Yet the continue to charge me $15 a month and the app simply doesn't work. It's ridiculous. Anybody know of a...
  9. Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?: I’ve had several XBox X|S controllers go down because R1 bumper just stops working. Is this a common issue? 4517ea52-6956-4043-8e09-abd93aa76aa2
  10. Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue: Hi I have ASUS TUF F15 Laptop while gaming wifi disappears please help me in resolving this issue. eb74a8c4-2e9e-4e2f-b81a-c7d33902ae87