Is this monitor compatible with Xbox X?

Discus and support Is this monitor compatible with Xbox X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to purchase: - LG UltraGear 24GQ50F-B I would like to know if I will really get the full 120hz with the series X?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ido zur, Nov 21, 2022.

1. ido zur
    ido zur Guest

I would like to purchase:
    - LG UltraGear 24GQ50F-B
    I would like to know if I will really get the full 120hz with the series X?

:)

ido zur, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Unholysword Win User

4k portable monitor doesn't work with Xbox Series X. Something to do with YCC 4.2.2

It doesn't need to claim to be compatible, the monitor states it can do 4k all 4k monitors are compatible with ps5 and xbox series x. It's technology and science, backwards compatibility, the engineers even stated it worked fine on xbox series x, so they lied to me? There are even answers saying its compatible with The 4K portable monitor is compatible with Xbox series s, it states in the answers.

Even stated

Q: Would this work with nintendo switch and ps5?
    A: Yes it works with any device with an HDMI port.

The reason it might not have stated this in description is the release of this monitor came out before ps5 and xbox S/X. All HDMI tv's are backwards compatible and future proof based on the capabilities of ther monitor, 4k thus 4k devices. I just know this monitor is being oversold as a true 4k monitor when clearly it's not, I believe the IPS screen is not 2160p just the electronics are perhaps set to 1800p, if the display is not a native 2160p then it's not 4k correct?

That meaning if it goes out of sync on occasion then it can't be a true 2160p display.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

In that case I highly recommend you see the monitor/TV in action with the console. That way you can verify that the monitor does support 120Hz on the Series X.

The Rtings website's reviews of Series X compatible monitors is a great way to start your search. These are professional TV/monitor reviewers, they test everything!
  4. Zenosos Win User

'One' compatible 27" 1440p @ 120 Hz monitor?

Hi SvendFJ,

From personal experience I prefer a TV over monitors for my console gaming, however, I hope this website helps which provides 15 of the best compatible monitors with Xbox one x and the refresh rate https://www.displayninja.com/best-gaming-monitor-for-ps4-pro-and-xbox-one-x/
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Ido, From what I checked, it seems to be compatible with, my friend.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  6. ZeroMoustafah Win User

Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

I was just reading an article about this and Samsung wanting that compatibility on the series x. I would definitely upgrade to an ultra wide monitor. I could still use my current monitor with my one x and what not.
Thema:

1. Is this monitor compatible with Xbox X? - Similar Threads - monitor compatible

2. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  3. Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor: I got a new xbox series s and I was messing with the display settings until I found that it shows me 1440p as an option in display settings in xbox on my 1080@120hz monitor but only in 60hz and...
  4. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  5. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  6. Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.: I recently purchased a monitor since the cat knocked over the small tv I had set up on the desk. Its an Acer SBO Series 22. I connect the HDMI to the monitor and the console and the message input...
  7. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  8. dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s: hi, I found a hdmi/display port cord and nothing is turning up. is my monitor just too old? it could also be the console, as I don't have anything else to plug it in to see lol thank you for any...
  9. Monitor not compatible with xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor not compatible with xbox?: Recently, my monitor hasn't been connecting with my Xbox for some strange reason. When i connect my monitor to my laptop, my monitor turns on just fine, however once i plug it into my Xbox, my...
  10. I have recently purchased an Acer monitor from a friend that is 1080p 165hz compatible, I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently purchased an Acer monitor from a friend that is 1080p 165hz compatible, I’m...: I have just recently purchased a Acer monitor from a friend. After searching the model and specs of the monitor I have confirmed that it is 1080p and 165hz compatible, upon trying to connect my...