Is this an Xbox or TV issue?

Discus and support Is this an Xbox or TV issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] I have a 55" Vizio OLED (2020) and I started having an issue with the image distorting on my TV when using consoles about 2 months ago. It only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gmhcubix, May 12, 2023.

  1. Gmhcubix
    Gmhcubix Guest

    Is this an Xbox or TV issue?



    Is this an Xbox or TV issue? [​IMG]


    I have a 55" Vizio OLED (2020) and I started having an issue with the image distorting on my TV when using consoles about 2 months ago. It only happens for a brief second at a time and I had to take a video to catch a screenshot of this issue which I have attached to this forum.

    I have an Xbox Series X, PS5, and a Switch connected to this TV. Initially, the problem was occurring on my PS5 and Xbox so I had the motherboard replaced on the TV under warranty which includes the HDMI inputs. After the replacement, the issue was resolved on my other consoles and NOT the Xbox. I have tried moving the HDMI ports and swapping cables, but the issue continues on the Xbox and only the Xbox.

    Is this an issue with the console or the TV? My Xbox is no longer under warranty as of last month. ☹️

    :)
     
    Gmhcubix, May 12, 2023
    #1
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

    Is this an Xbox or TV issue?

    "I have an Xbox Series X, PS5, and a Switch connected to this TV."

    Define Switch. If it's a physical switch, that may be the issue.
  3. Gmhcubix Win User

    Is this an Xbox or TV issue?

    My bad on not specifying, it's a Nintendo Switch. The HDMI cables are plugged directly into the TV. Just want to include everything I had plugged in in case one of them is known to cause issues.
  4. Jay O. Win User

    Problems with the xbox: bands on the screen

    does your TV has bands issue without using xbox? TV itself, HDMI or xbox graphic card issue.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

    Game

    Make sure your TV is set to the right input. Try a different TV to see if it is a TV or Xbox issue.
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

    Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off

    Hey Jonezee99,

    2 comments:

    1) There's no way for the Xbox to tell if your TV is on or not

    2) If your TV supports discrete power commands (instead of toggles) you will be able to fix this in a future update in the power settings.
Thema:

Is this an Xbox or TV issue?

Loading...
  1. Is this an Xbox or TV issue? - Similar Threads - issue

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...