Is There Seriously No Way To Retrieve A Lost Account That Had Taken Severe Changes?

Discus and support Is There Seriously No Way To Retrieve A Lost Account That Had Taken Severe Changes? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Like, c'mon, why isn't there a way to per say, reverse time for account changes, so malicious hackers that have made irreversible damaging changes... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mathew Ch., Mar 16, 2023.

1. Mathew Ch.
    Mathew Ch. Guest

Is There Seriously No Way To Retrieve A Lost Account That Had Taken Severe Changes?

Like, c'mon, why isn't there a way to per say, reverse time for account changes, so malicious hackers that have made irreversible damaging changes can't lock the account for even the original owner. Going as far as the customer can go, from guides, trying the ASCR to then contacting support, which as I was forwarded onwards as I have extensive proof of account ownership, it was seeming like my compromised account could be recovered. But then, I'm hit with the "Unfortunately, during the investigation process, we found that your security information has been changed. Unfortunately, when security features are updated on an account, we are unable to assist with an account recovery as these types of updates and/or removal are completely out of control of customer service. We are unable to make any changes to the security information on the account". The furthest they could go was permanently lock, or suspend the account (which they did) but that also meant all purchases, progress and etc. made on that account are lost to time. So, why is it impossible to actually get an account back? What is it that holds it back? It's effectively over now unfortunately though, so don't redirect me to recovery methods unless it's seriously one that you'd think I haven't found, for whatever reason (unlikely).

:)

Mathew Ch., Mar 16, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Mathew!

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your account. I know how frustrating that must be. I would feel the same way if I were on your situation.

Unfortunately, even the Microsoft Support team have limited access to our accounts especially when it comes to account security or accessing sensitive information on our accounts. It's one of the security measures in place to their system to prevent any misuse or leaking of our sensitive information.

As an account owners, we somehow are responsible in securing our accounts using the security features that Microsoft has provided to us. One of them is our account security information like phone number or alternate email address - they are used to verify the ownership of our accounts.

As much as we would love to get your account back, here in the community we don't have access to your account in their system. If that's the decision of the Microsoft Account Recovery team, I am afraid that we can no longer do much about it. All your purchases and licenses on that account will remain since they're all account bound which makes the account itself - what happens to the account also applies to them.
  3. reapermech Win User

Characters Deleted After Xbox Live

by switching your silver account into a gold account you lost 2 characters on bl2 correct? if this is the case then there is no way of retrieving lost game data.. you will need to start over with new characters
  4. Smwutches Win User

Prepaid code for minecraft

Unfortunately there's no way to retrieve a code if it's been lost.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Regarding an old 360 account...

Hi there,

The 360 had an option to create a local profile, as well as a live profile. If the account was local to the console, there will be no way to retrieve it unless you had the profile saved to a storage device, and still have a working 360 to retrieve it onto.

If the account was a live profile, tied to a Microsoft account, you will need to fill out the Account Recover Form. Be sure to enter as much information as possible.

Keep in mind, if it's been longer than 5 years since it was accessed, there's a chance it won't be recoverable. Several years back Microsoft updated their policies and started disabling/removing accounts that were not signed into/active after several years.
  6. Fyer Win User

Forced Gamertag change....

If you had a message pop up on your console then that is that. You may have had it for years but it can be taken offensive in several ways. Just change the name and move on. XBLPET reviews complaints of users and then takes action, Someone if not many must
    have filed a complaint on your GT
Thema:

1. Is There Seriously No Way To Retrieve A Lost Account That Had Taken Severe Changes? - Similar Threads - Seriously Retrieve Lost

2. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  3. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  4. I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5: Basically I bought the Xbox pass on PC and wanted to play some sniper elite 5 online, I have downloaded the game and once I try to join it says "unkown file version sniper5_dx12.exe" and wont join...
  5. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support: I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with...
  6. How can I upload a new card game from Amazon to my computer. I seriously need help before...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I upload a new card game from Amazon to my computer. I seriously need help before...: s fi I seriously need help on this new computer. I ordered a Hoyle card game from Amazon, and I got it as far as File Explorer on my computer, but cannot upload into my computer. It sends me...
  7. Xbox 8 strike system sucks and should seriously be looked at

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 8 strike system sucks and should seriously be looked at: My friend's account is getting mass reported, has been banned for a year, is getting mass reported again, and now has 18/8 strikes. What can he do, and why does the Xbox enforcement system stink...
  8. What can I do if Microsoft disabled access to my account for serious violation of Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can I do if Microsoft disabled access to my account for serious violation of Microsoft...: I was on 2k 2 days ago when I logged out for 2 hours tried to log back in when they said my account had a problem. So then I did this from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=519253 Then...
  9. Does the enforcement team actually take their reports seriously?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does the enforcement team actually take their reports seriously?: So I get bullied online a lot for my Nationality. And I report people for it, but yet nothings happens. Why is that? like does the enforcement take their reports seriously?...
  10. I want to have blur in the xbox serious x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to have blur in the xbox serious x: I want to play blur on xbox serious x ff35abc5-09c1-4f78-94cb-5332db7ed222