Is there anyway to get unbanned from whats explained inside.

Discus and support Is there anyway to get unbanned from whats explained inside. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay me and my brothers are all legit players, no mods, no taking advantages of the game, no boosting, nothing pure legit. We ran into a issue for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by starfoxrosario, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Is there anyway to get unbanned from whats explained inside.

Okay me and my brothers are all legit players, no mods, no taking advantages of the game, no boosting, nothing pure legit. We ran into a issue for the past month, I called xbox tech support to see if they could fix my DVD Drive, because the lens and the
    piece holding the lens was busted (Possibly my daughter when she dropped my xbox), but they where charging me close to 200 dollars. That's something I cant afford. So I did what any other human would do, found the DVD drive for 40 bucks on amazon, took some
    time out my hands learned how to open it and replaced the drive myself. There was nothing else done but that....well a little cleaning, but that's all. Changed the drive, cleaned the dust, closed it back up. Less then 20 mins. Now apparently we are banned
    out entire xbox. So I want to know how justified is this and I want to know if we can get our Xbox live back. I pay for it so hopefully this wont be a issue. I hope you guys understand and can help us out. Thank you! Much appreciated for taking the time out
    to read this.

:)

starfoxrosario, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Xbox insider hub

I got unbanned from Xbox insider hub for no reason and want to get unbanned

I V BUZZ SHOTZ, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Demond Ray
    Demond Ray Guest
    banned from halo 3

i got permed banned from halo because i was running fours and some one booted me out the game so why do i get permed banned please help and is there anyway that i can get unbanned from my account?

Demond Ray, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Sorry, but self-repair is a violation of the terms of service you agreed to when you created your account. So Microsoft can ban you for that. There's no way to have your console unbanned.

Smwutches, Jan 5, 2014
  5. starfoxrosario,

Unfortunately once a console is banned that ban stays. Per the
    Terms of Use
    that every player agreed to:

1.9 Are there things I can’t do on the Services? You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:

• Use unauthorized software or hardware to access the Services or modify an Authorized Device in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs,
      unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads). You agree that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Services for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized
      modification and/or disabling the modified device; or
    • Attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer,
      modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Services, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Services,
      or any hardware associated with the Services or with an Authorized Device.
      If you do, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Services, and pursue other legal remedies. We may take any legal action we deem appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this Agreement or any
      additional terms incorporated or referenced in it. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

Sorry to give the bad news, but I wanted you to be aware of the terms that were violated. Consider yourself lucky that they don't pursue legal action.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Heres something I see people get unbanned every so often. And I called Microsoft, and they said it was a repair, that it was fine and okay. So now I want to deal with them personally. As of Legal action, I have a right to their wrong.

7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You can post here to see what the enforcement team says -
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx
    But support should not have told you that your repair was fine and okay. What you did violated the terms of service.

Smwutches, Jan 5, 2014
  8. Is there anyway to get unbanned from whats explained inside.

If I was told it wasn't a violation of the terms. At that their terms should be out of date since the xbox one is now released. I shouldn't be charged with a ban. Compared to the mods and crap that people want to use on their xbox who can keep on playing.
    It makes no sense, that people can make their own repairs. Ive repaired other people's xbox and they have no online issue. I don't get when I do it its a problem. Sorry but this company need to get their crap straight.

9. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    terms of service is not out of date any self repair if any console is grounds for future bans, the ones you 'fixed' will probably get bans too just not right away as they usually ban in waves and yours was caught in the last wave.

davemcfly85, Jan 5, 2014
  10. starfoxrosario, to be rather blunt about it Microsoft has absolutely no way of knowing whether or not you did an unauthorized repair. I'm not telling people to go and make these types of repairs themselves but as long as everything is stock then there is
    no way for them to detect the difference. Essentially this means you were using non-stock equipment... specifically in your case an optical drive with modified firmware to read pirated games. I'm not going to go and say you knew the drive was modified but
    you risked it to save some money (like $40 USD since the repair is $80) and you lost.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 5, 2014
  11. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    a refund for what there are no refunds for purchases and your on a silver membership so dunno what you gonna get a refund for.

davemcfly85, Jan 5, 2014
  12. zaphod77
    zaphod77 Guest
    Microsoft DOES have ways to know if you have done an unauthorized repair, as the original poster found out the hard way.

The bit in the TOS against self repair is an attempt to detect evil stealth modders.

That's why it's in there. If they have proof your console was opened outside a service center it may have a modchip they can't detect yet.

Bottom line is MS can't always tell if you just performed an honest drive repair or performed evil drive flashing for piracy purposes.

Yeah it's sucks, but this TOS entry is a vital weapon against software pirates, and it (and the corresponding prohibition against class action lawsuits to keep it from being legally challenged) aren't going away.

I know how the detection is done, but i suspect it's against the rules to discuss that here. So I won't, except to say there's nothing you as a user can do about it.

Bottom line is either send it directly to microsoft, use an authorized service center, or buy a new (or used, if you wanna press your luck) console. Anything else risks the console getting banned.

zaphod77, Jul 5, 2014
  13. zaphod77
    zaphod77 Guest

Once an unauthorized repair is detected, its' impossible to prove your innocence by any means whatsoever. So don't do it.

zaphod77, Jul 5, 2014
  14. Hatchutuknee
    Hatchutuknee Guest
    well, i got my xbox as a gift, and it is banned, i never agreed to any terms of use. sooooo........ they should fix it for me. i never did anythig to it but play it.

Hatchutuknee, Mar 14, 2015
  15. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Please don't bump an old thread. Once a console is banned, it won't be unbanned. If you buy a used console that's banned, you would need to try taking it back to where it was purchased. Microsoft will not unban it because it's second hand. You don't know
    what they did to have it banned in the first place.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  16. Hatchutuknee Win User

well, i got my xbox as a gift, and it is banned, i never agreed to any terms of use. sooooo........ they should fix it for me. i never did anythig to it but play it.
  17. zaphod77 Win User

Once an unauthorized repair is detected, its' impossible to prove your innocence by any means whatsoever. So don't do it.
  18. starfoxrosario Win User

Heres something I see people get unbanned every so often. And I called Microsoft, and they said it was a repair, that it was fine and okay. So now I want to deal with them personally. As of Legal action, I have a right to their wrong.
  19. Smwutches Win User

Please don't bump an old thread. Once a console is banned, it won't be unbanned. If you buy a used console that's banned, you would need to try taking it back to where it was purchased. Microsoft will not unban it because it's second hand. You don't know
    what they did to have it banned in the first place.
  20. davemcfly85 Win User

a refund for what there are no refunds for purchases and your on a silver membership so dunno what you gonna get a refund for.
Thema:

1. Is there anyway to get unbanned from whats explained inside. - Similar Threads - anyway unbanned whats

2. is there anyway of viewing clips on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is there anyway of viewing clips on pc?: trying to get some clips and make a video but the quality is sooo bad from the xbx app anybody know how to get more clear clips or a way i can get them on pc? 8e439341-1bf7-4b53-8676-ccb36739db1b
  3. Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?: I don't want the "open spotify". Just everything above it, is this possible, or is there an alternative widget? Example: https://i.imgur.com/nFqwDV0.png submitted by /u/CCEShieldIsReady...
  4. My code doesn't work I don't have receipt anyway Xbox support can help

in XBoX on Windows
    My code doesn't work I don't have receipt anyway Xbox support can help: I tried serval times entering the code it does not work I no longer have receipt can Xbox hook me up ce998e8c-4b21-4e47-a71b-a2596623bcf8
  5. Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...: im playing remnant 2 on gamepass. got 80 hours in...collected all items in yeasha and losomn. just got the cube gun and enigma..went today to play more..my controller has back buttons and tried to...
  6. Anyway to save my Xbox clips without having physical access to it?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to save my Xbox clips without having physical access to it?: I am currently travelling and my Xbox is back in my hometown. Is there anyway for me to be able to save my clips? I can see them all when I open up my Xbox app on my phone. Other than saving all...
  7. My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?: My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back? I also want to let you know that it was tied with my Minecraft Java account, so is it possible to get...
  8. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  9. I bought a banned console, is there anyway to get it unbanned

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a banned console, is there anyway to get it unbanned: I recently bought a console that was banned, is Microsoft able to unban it for me? 95cd9780-b877-4a92-be07-5ba0c9971bf5
  10. Is there anyway to unban one of my accounts? It just seems unfair how I got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to unban one of my accounts? It just seems unfair how I got banned: One of my accounts (Gt:Lost Bounce) Has been banned and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get it back. Because I just got more live for it, a lot of progress is on it and just a...