Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?

Discus and support Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old Xbox 360 and like an idiot I deleted numerous save files I spent a lot of time on. Is there anyway to recover them within the Terms of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shocker21193, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Shocker21193
    Shocker21193 Guest

Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive?

I have an old Xbox 360 and like an idiot I deleted numerous save files I spent a lot of time on. Is there anyway to recover them within the Terms of Service? I don’t want to get banned for using recuva and modifying my 360 harddrive.

This was before I could sync to the cloud. I am less dumb now and constantly back my saves to the cloud.

:)

Shocker21193, Mar 29, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Shocker21193! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Without the saves being synchronized to the cloud it's not possible to recover those saves, i understand how frustrating this can be, but I don't recommend trying recovering as you could end on a worse situation
  3. Smwutches Win User

Hard drive not working

Are you sure it was a brand new, never opened console? There are no 8gb hard drives for the 360.

If it was an 8gb it's possible it was a knock off and would not have been authorized for use anyway and would have gone bad.

Unfortunately, with any form of storage, unless you had everything backed up somewhere else, there will be no way to replace the files. Anything you downloaded can be redownloaded, but you would not be able to recover game saves. If it is an official hard
    drive, you could contact Microsoft for a repair since it should still be under warranty, but they will not be able to get the files back.
  4. crushurcod24 Win User

Help for saved game data!

Hi ,

I don't think you will be able to recover your data unfortunately. When you format a hard drive it wipes what's on it and makes it so that the device that formatted it can use it to store files. When you did that with your Mac computer it would of deleted
    your GTA V save file. Yeah you will also have to format the hard drive for the Xbox 360 again, in order for it to save games or game saves. Look at the

Using USB flash drives with Xbox 360
    support page for some more information.

Have a nice day.
    Thank you very much for answering! It sucks to hear that, but can my online game progress still be recovered using my gamertag and xbox live account or was all that online data on the hard drive too? Thank you
  5. QuickMythril Win User

Is there anyway to recover or fix an S HDD from the E68 error?

almost, but not exactly. you can't just buy any seagate hard drive and put it into the 360 console. that should work as an external USB drive, but not internal. you would need a hard drive compatible with xbox 360 to use internally. it doesn't have
    to be the exact same as your current one. any drive that you can use as an external drive would work to copy your save files, but some games will only install to an internal drive.

the transfer cable is just on the off chance that the hard drive you have is not dead, so you can try to retrieve your files. i personally have 2 official microsoft hard drives that no longer work internally, but they work when i use a transfer cable. of
    course they don't give me the E68 error when i start the console with them inside.

i'm sorry to say, if your drive does not show up, it's very unlikely to recover without expensive and/or highly technical work being done. i also have two external USB drives (1 TB and 2 TB) that recently stopped working. one does not show up in my computer
    at all, one shows up but says it needs to be initialized. this would destroy all the data, which i'd really like to recover.

[Mod Removed]

lately i've been keeping my save files on a separate USB stick, and backing that up to my computer every so often. which reminds me, it's been a while.
  6. GuardianLegendz Win User

Help for saved game data!

Hi crushurcod24,

I don't think you will be able to recover your data unfortunately. When you format a hard drive it wipes what's on it and makes it so that the device that formatted it can use it to store files. When you did that with your Mac computer it would of deleted
    your GTA V save file. Yeah you will also have to format the hard drive for the Xbox 360 again, in order for it to save games or game saves. Look at the

Using USB flash drives with Xbox 360
    support page for some more information.

Have a nice day.
Thema:

1. Is there anyway Microsoft would help me recover my Xbox 360 save files off hard drive? - Similar Threads - anyway Microsoft help

2. My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?: My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back? I also want to let you know that it was tied with my Minecraft Java account, so is it possible to get...
  3. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  4. Is it possible in anyway to get VBucks via Microsoft Rewards? eg. a vbucks gift card/buying...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible in anyway to get VBucks via Microsoft Rewards? eg. a vbucks gift card/buying...: Above: Also, I think it would be a good idea for Microsoft to add a vbucks gift card for redeeming (just like there is already a League of legends gift car and Overwatch gift card) if what i said...
  5. Account hacked and suspended by Microsoft. Anyway to refund my purchases?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and suspended by Microsoft. Anyway to refund my purchases?: My account was recently hacked by an email .....@rambler.ua. I later contacted Microsoft and was told to give some info to prove it was my account. I was unfortunately told that my account cant be...
  6. is there anyway you can contact microsoft enforcement team when you get suspended even if...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there anyway you can contact microsoft enforcement team when you get suspended even if...: I've just been suspended earlier today because I asked someone "what is bros loadout to take that long to beat ml lmao", ml is a boss in the game Terraria. I'm also wondering if you can get some...
  7. Is there anyway to get Microsoft login from game tag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to get Microsoft login from game tag?: Is there anyway to get Microsoft login from game tag? f6e8166d-7abc-4b5a-9c5e-84ba7afbc237
  8. is there anyway to unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft on PlayStation without having...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there anyway to unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft on PlayStation without having...: I lost the login years ago because I made the account when I was young. 13a6e889-80e3-4178-a6b2-77ce28d88e4f
  9. Is there anyway i can move my microsoft account out of my old system to my new system?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway i can move my microsoft account out of my old system to my new system?: i had made a microsoft account for minecraft for my old system and i wanted to ask if there was any way i could move it as i didnt wanna keep it on the old system...
  10. Is there anyway to have your achievement unlocked by Microsoft if there's proof you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to have your achievement unlocked by Microsoft if there's proof you...: I recently 100% assassin's creed brotherhood within the ezio collection, this even shows up in the stats within the official club. However the achievement didn't unlock, I've tried a lot of the...