Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And...

Discus and support Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox One Controller I have 2 that have stick drift, both pretty bad 6f238de7-24d6-4eae-827c-940eddb415da Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Joseph White2, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And...

Xbox One Controller

I have 2 that have stick drift, both pretty bad

:)

Joseph White2, Jun 4, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And also is the anywhere I can go for someone to look at it?

Hello Joseph, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear your controllers are experiencing stick drift. If the controllers are out of warranty, I'm afraid to say that you need to get the device repaired in the closest repair shop available in your city.

If your controllers are within warranty, you can ask for a replacement here:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

As a reminder, I would like to let you know that it's possible to assist with self repairs
  3. STCLegend Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

That's called stick drift and has nothing to do with this firmware issue. Your controller is broken, you can have Microsoft fix it for a fee or replace it. But no software update will fix stick drift.
  4. DAZZA 433 Win User

The replacement promotion for the elite controller and the known stick drift issue.

Stick drift is usually caused just to simple wear and tear or accidental damage such as dropping it, I am yet to have stick drift on an xbox one controller, I did get it a lot on 360 though, If its out of warranty then you can always attempt to replace the
    damaged thumbstick sensors yourself (soldering iron required)

Unfortunately if the control is out of warranty then microsoft will not cover it for replacement.
  5. mocoworm Win User

Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

OP, can you state what exactly the issue is that your controllers are failing on? Is it stick drift, buttons not working, casing damage, battery/power issues?
  6. DAZZA 433 Win User

One year old Xbox One X controller has drift on right stick and excessive battery use.

Unfortunately stick drift is common with all controllers form all platforms and occurs due to wear and tear.

The only way of fixing that issue is replacing/warrantying the controller or replacing the thumbstick sensors in the control yourself (requires good soldering skills)
Thema:

Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And...

1. Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And... - Similar Threads - anything done fix

2. Is there anything actually being done about updates on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anything actually being done about updates on Xbox?: Why is it when certain games are updating, I find myself essentially redownloading the ENTIRE game just to access this update. We are in 2023, consoles should be well past the point where this is...
  3. I am messaging you on my xbox account being banned I have not done anything or message...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am messaging you on my xbox account being banned I have not done anything or message...: My xbox account is banned for no reason 3c91ba29-eea3-4b5e-80a9-97be5080aaea
  4. I have been suspended a couple times but I haven't done anything wrong and now I'm banned...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been suspended a couple times but I haven't done anything wrong and now I'm banned...: My guy is Qazmy and I got banned for no reason 55e0892c-7e27-4a73-a700-a111613ae189
  5. Is there anything that can be done about a false ban in call of duty?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anything that can be done about a false ban in call of duty?: So a while back I launched modern warfare 2 and it crashed. When I launched it again I was permanently banned for no reason. I went to appeal the ban on Activisions website around 12AM that night,...
  6. Is anything being done to address the issue with Starfield constantly crashing on Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anything being done to address the issue with Starfield constantly crashing on Xbox...: Is anything being done to address the issue with Starfield constantly crashing on Xbox series X? This seem to be a global issue No troubleshooting provided by Microsoft or Bethesda seem to be...
  7. I just got my xbox account permanelty banned and I have never done anything wrong, but they...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got my xbox account permanelty banned and I have never done anything wrong, but they...: I have never done anything wrong on xbox, never broken any community standards. I don't even have any strikes on my account. But still my account was permanently banned and my console was banned...
  8. why am I banned I haven’t done anything wrong my friend is going to kill herself that’s...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why am I banned I haven’t done anything wrong my friend is going to kill herself that’s...: why am I banned I haven’t done anything wrong my friend is going to kill herself that’s this is the only way we talk 85c36d6d-884c-450c-a165-9c6556dc99e4
  9. Can anything be done about a broke xbox elite controller v1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anything be done about a broke xbox elite controller v1: I have 2 xbox elite controller v1. They both have sick drift. One of them the both bumpers are not working anymore. Is their anything I can do to get them fixed. Can I pay to ship them to get...
  10. can anything be done to change backup email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can anything be done to change backup email?: I have had my Xbox profile over 15 years. Over this time my backup email linked to account has been disactivated by Microsoft. Now signing in can be a nightmare. After many days of trying to get...