Is there anything I can do after I accidentally bought a name change?

Discus and support Is there anything I can do after I accidentally bought a name change? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I was checking out if I can change my name which I was saving up for and I accidentally bought a name change with my dads card still on the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by cristian siguenza, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Is there anything I can do after I accidentally bought a name change?

I was checking out if I can change my name which I was saving up for and I accidentally bought a name change with my dads card still on the Xbox

:)

cristian siguenza, Feb 26, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you accidentally bought a name change on your Xbox account and you did not intend to make the purchase, you can try submitting a refund request for it by following the instructions below.

To request a refund, kindly sign in to your account and fill out the Manual Refund Webform on this link: https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund. You can find the order number of your transaction by signing in to your email at this link: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/.

Once you're done submitting your request, you'll receive an email result within 72 hours and if your request gets approved, it will take 3-5 business days for the funds to reflect on your bank account but it really depends on your bank's policy.
  3. Big Dawg Mills Win User

Accidental Name Change

Unfortunately, you can't because of the new name restrictions, It may change in the near future. so keep your eyes peeled.
  4. Mercyia Win User

Accidental name change

Hello Demi! Unfortunately you can change your gamertag only once for free! You would be required to get charged for the next gamertag change attempt, very sorry to hear you put the incorrect letters! Every gamertag change is $9.99 USD after the first one.

-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/change-your-gamertag-on-xbox-one-1bd92fa1-d3fc-7f0c-f95f-0d048fce6b40
  5. xHanSh0tFirstx Win User

Accidental Name Change

That sucks, Alright I Will, Thanks
  6. [EX] Win User

I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names

Hey,

first it's not a change back - for the system it would be a new change and if you have no free change left it would cost you a fee ! And before you ask, not even the almighty phone support can change it back ! ^^

Your old nick is blocked for a while, I don't how long it is atm but after 3 days you should give it a try every day if it's available again.
Thema:

1. Is there anything I can do after I accidentally bought a name change? - Similar Threads - anything accidentally bought

2. When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...: I know this isn't a network issue as we have tested the modem connection (both upload and download), and have streamed things from laptops and phones. They don't appear to be the issue. We have...
  3. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  4. Xbox one sync button not doing ANYTHING when I press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one sync button not doing ANYTHING when I press it: Xbox one sync button not doing ANYTHING when I press it, I have the top plastic cover on my Xbox off as I serviced my Xbox recently, I installed a new fan, dusted and cleaned, everything is...
  5. Anything Microsoft wont load or sign me in...

in XboX Insiders
    Anything Microsoft wont load or sign me in...: My router doesnt like Microsoft but ive never had an issue using it and downloading games but now it wont let me access the Microsoft store. I had to use a hotspot to log back in after microsoft...
  6. Cant type anything on xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant type anything on xbox series s: Keyboard works ok after factory reset when putting account but when i get all done and go to store trying to type anything i can only put 1 letter and goes crazy. The cursor goes in the corner of...
  7. Controller turns on game then can’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns on game then can’t do anything: Controller new batteries turns on game then can’t do anything 048d280d-2ccb-44b1-b1c1-143145becd45
  8. Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?: I've been shrugged off by Microsoft support too many time about this so I'm hoping someone here might have some information regarding it. submitted by /u/Grojniar [link] [comments]
  9. Microsoft account hacked, can't do anything

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account hacked, can't do anything: I have tried the recovery form, but the email has been changed so it just responds with "This account does not exist", and I can't do anything like recovery of passwords etc. How can I fix this....
  10. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc