Is there any way to test a disk?

Discus and support Is there any way to test a disk? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I bought my friend a game for her birthday, however I’m unsure of the quality of the disk itself. I already own the game, but it’s possible that my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TaylorJordan1, Feb 17, 2021.

  1. Is there any way to test a disk?


    Hi, I bought my friend a game for her birthday, however I’m unsure of the quality of the disk itself. I already own the game, but it’s possible that my brother could insert into his console to see if it runs correctly. However, I hear the game/disk is then locked to his account(?) and my friend may not be able to access it?

    Is it possible for my brother to insert the disk, maybe even download it just to make sure it fully works (and then delete it later bc ofc the game doesn’t work without the disc) and then give it to my friend, and have it still work for her? Or will it be linked to his account? Thanks.

    :)
     
    TaylorJordan1, Feb 17, 2021
    #1
  2. Smwutches Win User

    Is there any way to test a disk?

    Discs are not locked to an account. Your brother can test it and then give it to your friend without any issues.
  3. Taylor1864 Win User

    Hearing the disk eject chirp at random times and more

    It just did it again. Twice with in 5 minutes. The game crashed to the dashboard , then the disk was kicked out. I have no way to test any other games. Destiny is the only one i have one disk
  4. Smwutches Win User

    Any way to fix disk rot

    You may want to check with any local game stores to see if they have a disc cleaning service that might take care of that. Otherwise, I haven't heard of anything myself.
  5. Display Name_ David Win User

    Any way to fix disk rot

    If it is disc rot there is no stopping it.
  6. ngocphi Win User

    Damaged Disk. Any way to Fix?

    yep if you got disk insurance from your local game store contact them

    your local gamestore may be able to resurface it



    if not you may contact activision and ask about their disc replacement program and pay the fee of 20bucks
Thema:

Is there any way to test a disk?

Loading...
  1. Is there any way to test a disk? - Similar Threads - test disk

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. A note about upcoming experience tests for Insiders

    in XboX Insiders
    A note about upcoming experience tests for Insiders: Hey XBOX Insiders! Just wanted to call your attention to the below, which appeared in the Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead system update release notes yesterday. The main thing to be aware of is you...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. Disc to digital Insider testing updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Insider testing updates: Hey XBOX Insiders! We'd like to use this post as a central place to share fixes and changes to be aware of while testing disc to digital feature functionality. We'll edit this in-place (with...
  6. Testing Disc to Digital, but GTA V is super weird

    in XboX Insiders
    Testing Disc to Digital, but GTA V is super weird: I managed to digital claim GTA V (Series X/S version) but it only gave me the GTA Online license, no campaign? Any ideas? submitted by /u/Zero_Fate_Decoded [link] [comments]
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. My results from Disc2Digital testing!

    in XboX Insiders
    My results from Disc2Digital testing!: Games not working: Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Project Cars 2, Sonic Frontiers, Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Fallout 4 (wtf why?). Games working: CoD WW2, CoD...
  9. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  10. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...