Is there any way to recover an Xbox account that was stolen and had the name changed?

Discus and support Is there any way to recover an Xbox account that was stolen and had the name changed? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had a Xbox account that went by the name “XXXXXXXXXXX101” when I was younger. Over the years, I have attempted to recover it through the survey... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by B7272, Jan 27, 2023.

1. B7272
    B7272 Guest

Is there any way to recover an Xbox account that was stolen and had the name changed?

I had a Xbox account that went by the name “XXXXXXXXXXX101” when I was younger. Over the years, I have attempted to recover it through the survey questions, but I was never given a response. I have plenty of things to prove that it was stolen and proof that it was mine. Any Ideas?

*** EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.

*** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One ***

:)

B7272, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello B7272,

We understand and empathize with what you are feeling right now, as per description, you have covered all of the options in recovering your account. Please understand that Microsoft takes your security very seriously, but to protect customer privacy we can’t do anything to an account beyond helping customers verify their ownership through the steps we’ve already provided. I encourage you to keep trying to recover your account using the methods we’ve tried if you remember any new details that might help or if you can recover emails from contacts you know, but it may be time to consider creating a new account instead. If you would like, I would be happy to help you create a new account and give you some tips that will help prevent this from happening again.

I understand your frustration but unfortunately there is nothing else that can be done by support until you are able to verify that you are the account owner through the methods we covered.

Thank you for your understanding.

Greetings

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Xibita25 Win User

Hacking a profile.

hello ... my account was stolen ... is there any way to recover the xbox360?

Any contact we can call?

I need help ... please
  4. Erik419 Win User

Account Hacked on 8/2 - Still no resolve.

and games one more thing..

Did you ever recover your account at all and change the password before you called?

That what i did , hopefully that speeds things up because i been reading peoples account's been named changed and had there region and all that changed...

I am logged on to my stolen account right now, but it say's it is suspended...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Is there a way to recover stolen account?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Anna

Sorry to hear that your account was compromised, you can try recover it following steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If you're not able to recover the compromised account using the steps provided in the link above, sadly is not possible to proceed with this :c

----

My advise would be that you enable two steps verification or use an authenticator app (like Microsoft Authenticator, Google authenticator, etc) in that way the possibilities to be hacked again are almost zero.

If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask

Greetings
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Stolen accounts

The only way to recover an allegedly stolen account is to report this at the xbox support while providing all the info required by support. There is no two ways about it.
Thema:

1. Is there any way to recover an Xbox account that was stolen and had the name changed? - Similar Threads - recover account was

2. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...
  3. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  4. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  5. Trying to recover my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to recover my account: So in 2020 I reseted my Xbox and lost my twirlingcelling60 account. I’m trying to recover it but I don’t know any information on it. I’ve also been paying Xbox gold on it without knowing for a...
  6. How do I recover my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I recover my account?: Hello. My Microsoft account, *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***, recently got stolen. I tried to reset it before, but said hacker got the account again. What should...
  7. Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.: So I've been having the worst Christmas and the worse new years of my life. A couple of days ago a friend of mine got hacked on steam and sent a bunch of links to hack people, being a dummy I...
  8. Is there a way to recover my Xbox account without an email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to recover my Xbox account without an email?: I lost the email I signed into my account with, and it no longer exists anymore. I lost the PC I had my Xbox account on, and I can't seem to do anything. Is there a solution???...
  9. How to recover a account player it was deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to recover a account player it was deleted: A hacker changed my password and recovery email and then I went to log it and it said that my account didn’t exist. I don’t think you can change the email on a account so I think they deleted it....
  10. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...