Is there any way to recover a lost Microsoft email by just knowing the username?

Discus and support Is there any way to recover a lost Microsoft email by just knowing the username? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am currently in the situation where I can remember the username I used after I created the account, but I don't remember the email I used. This... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by wordsgohere, May 31, 2023.

1. wordsgohere
    wordsgohere Guest

Is there any way to recover a lost Microsoft email by just knowing the username?

I am currently in the situation where I can remember the username I used after I created the account, but I don't remember the email I used. This happened when I was forced to migrate my Mojang account into a Microsoft account. I reluctantly decided to go ahead and do it after putting it off, and once I did, it said I didn't own Minecraft. So I just shrugged my shoulders and forgot about it.

Now that I want to play Minecraft again on my account, I can't seem to remember the Microsoft account I created to migrate the account, so I can't even login. I remember the username I used for the Microsoft account, as well as the password I used. But with everything I've tried, without knowing the email, nothing seems to work. I remember the Mojang account and password used, if that's any help.

I don't know. It would be nice to be able to play again, but I just don't remember the email, and so I can play. I've researched and tried everything I can think of, but everything seems to be dependent on knowing the email.

Thank you for your time.

:)

wordsgohere, May 31, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I would like to let you know that it's possible to recover a Microsoft account with the Skype username, any other type of username is not enough to recover the account.

When we lost access to our accounts, we can try to recover it following all the recommendations available in this related article:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

If none of the options work, the last resource is submitting the Microsoft account recovery form:
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  3. KindGryphon Win User

cant sign into a Xbox account because of two accounts under same Email

is there any way to look what email my account associates with? at least the first 2 letters so I know which one it was.

or is there any way to recover it just by knowing the tag and password?
    No there isn't any way of logging in with just the gamertag and password.

The only way to login is via the email address, the phone number (if you had one setup on the account) or associated Skype username (if there was ever one you setup under the Microsoft account in the past).

The only way I know of seeing a partial bit of the email is if you were already logged into the account on another device.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

gamertag

Hey charles

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently attempting to recover an account that was originally created some time ago.

Even though the company that provided the email is no longer currently in service, the email of your Microsoft account serves as your "username" for you account, and knowing what that email is, is still a requirement to access your account.

As far as any content that you have purchased on that account, there is no way to transfer that content onto another account, so you will need to have access to that account in order to use the content on that account.

If you still know the email of the account, but do not currently have the password, then I would recommend using the

Lost Password Solution
    wizard and see if that is able to assist you with recovering your account.

However, if you still need to recover the email of the account, you can try the

Lost Account Solution
    wizard.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  5. Salomé Tinoco Win User

Lost Minecraft Account - Need Assistance

Hello, I lost access to my Minecraft account because I don't know which email adress I used when I created it. I bought Mincraft on Microsoft Store the 23rd of October 2022, it appears in my bank historical. The thing is I have only one Microsoft account and when I try to reach out for a recover of my password, it says no Mojang account is associated with this email adress. So I'm a bit confused, I tried all of my others email adress in vain. My username in Minecraft is Salyuno and it's the only information I'm 100% sure of. Is there any way to recover my game that I legitimately bought 30€ a year ago ?
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Does the gamer tag Stephan3640 still exist?

If you don't know/remember any of the login for the account, there's a good chance that account may be lost forever. Without the proper information such as the username/email, password, security question answers, phone number, etc... it'd be virtually impossible
    to recover the Microsoft Account associated with your Xbox Live profile.

This page details some information on how to find a lost account as well as when an inactive/closed account is officially closed/lost for good: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13811
Thema:

1. Is there any way to recover a lost Microsoft email by just knowing the username? - Similar Threads - recover lost Microsoft

2. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  3. help recovering my lost account

in XBoX Accessibility
    help recovering my lost account: Around when the xbox 1 series s came out my dad bought me one for my birthday i used it all the way until 2021 which i got a pc, i hadent logged into the account since and my mom no longer has the...
  4. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  5. I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?: I Brought Minecraft on an account and lost the email but im still logged in and can play on microsoft games with the account can i recover the email? 8c741100-ba3c-41cc-b4bd-999adc36672f
  6. How do I recover my lost account data?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my lost account data?: After changing my gamertag on my Xbox, I lost all my account data, progress and purchases related to my games. How do I fix this? 7d4711b2-b083-4793-bc63-628df84d7c0d
  7. Recovering my Xbox account. (LOST IN ~2018)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering my Xbox account. (LOST IN ~2018): I've already went to the Xbox support link: "Find your Microsoft account email address | Xbox Support" and that doesn't help me at all, there's no information there. Dear Xbox Support Team, I...
  8. Please recover my account (it was over a year since I lost it)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please recover my account (it was over a year since I lost it): My acount was hacked aruond 1 year ago. This was in late september of 2022 The hackers email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My acount is *** Die...
  9. Recovering Lost Minecraft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recovering Lost Minecraft Account: I migrated my account in June 2022, I had to change my name as it said my old name was taken. After this I lost all my data on all servers, as well as my skins and cape. I was wondering if I could...
  10. How can I recover lost DLC for Halo: MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I recover lost DLC for Halo: MCC?: So I recently purchased an Xbox Series S as an upgrade from my Xbox One and upon logging in to the Series S, and downloading MCC, I realized my DLC for Reach and ODST were no longer there. I...