Is there any way to change my account from "child" to "adult"?

Discus and support Is there any way to change my account from "child" to "adult"? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there, I've had my Xbox One for a long time now and can say for sure I'm an adult. However I have to make my GamePass subscription through my little... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by fairytheberry, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Is there any way to change my account from "child" to "adult"?

Hi there, I've had my Xbox One for a long time now and can say for sure I'm an adult. However I have to make my GamePass subscription through my little brother's account because his account was made first and is the "adult" account. (I pay him back every month once he gets charged) Is there anyway I can change this on my Xbox One?

Similarly, if I move my account information first onto a Series X, will that subsequently make my account the "adult" one?

:)

fairytheberry, Dec 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this FAIRYTHEBERRY

Please tell me:

How old are you?
    The age in your Microsoft account is the same as your real age?
    And, are you part of a family group?
    Double check this here
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
    And here
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/home
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you
    No need to share your real age, sorry if I wasn’t clear

Okay, as you’re part of a family group please ask to the family organizer (if it’s your brother to him)
    To remove you from the group, once removed ask him to re-add your account but as family organizer
    Not member

Once they add you check if you’re finally an adult
  4. fairytheberry Win User

Hello,

I'm over 18 (I'm not comfortable sharing my real age but just know I've already graduated college), yes the account has my correct age and date, and yes I'm part of the family group. My younger brother's account being the "adult", account like mentioned previously.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer Account Profile to Childs Account

Can i change the status of my account from adult to child? And create a new adult account?
    There is currently no way to do that. Sorry.
  6. Miss Portia Win User

Can't change online safety settings?

There is not a way to change your child's account from child to adult until the age of the account is 18. What specific settings are you trying to change?
Thema:

1. Is there any way to change my account from "child" to "adult"? - Similar Threads - change account child

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  7. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  8. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  9. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  10. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...