Is there any way for my Microsoft account to be linked with a different PSN account?

Discus and support Is there any way for my Microsoft account to be linked with a different PSN account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I linked my Microsoft account with my father's PSN account when I was younger because I didn't have one of my own and I wanted to play games like... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tristan McGregor, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Is there any way for my Microsoft account to be linked with a different PSN account?

I linked my Microsoft account with my father's PSN account when I was younger because I didn't have one of my own and I wanted to play games like Minecraft and such with friends online. Now that I'm a bit older, I was hoping I would be able to link my Microsoft account with my personal PSN account, but I can't get in contact with technical support from either Sony or Microsoft as they just throw poorly programmed bots my way that don't answer my questions. I can't even find the instructions to unlink my Microsoft account from my father's PSN account to begin with.

Can someone help with this? And if it can't be done, can someone at least explain why?

:)

Tristan McGregor, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Is there any way for my Microsoft account to be linked with a different PSN account?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Tristan, he does not realize that he is responsible for making or linking and misrepresenting or linking accounts.

By clicking the link below you can check which accounts and services are linked to your Microsoft account.

Microsoft Consent

https://microsoft.com/consent
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I linked my Microsoft account with my father's PSN account when I was younger because I didn't have one of my own and I wanted to play games like Minecraft and such with friends online. Now that I'm a bit older, I was hoping I would be able to link my Microsoft account with my personal PSN account, but I can't get in contact with technical support from either Sony or Microsoft as they just throw poorly programmed bots my way that don't answer my questions. I can't even find the instructions to unlink my Microsoft account from my father's PSN account to begin with.

Can someone help with this? And if it can't be done, can someone at least explain why?
    The short answer is no. Its not possible.

The long answer is:

LINKING A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT TO A PLAYSTATION® ACCOUNT

Note: Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account.

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation® accounts can only be re-linked to the original account.

Source: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037725571#h_01FANTJMTM2689F8H1VA2F559Y
  4. Jesse E' Win User

linking my Microsoft account to a different psn account

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

For assistance on linking and unlinking accounts from a Microsoft account, you'll need to reach out to the third party support for assistance. Kindly reach out to PSN support for assistance
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Minecraft Playstation Login Issue

Hello,

I've had an issue with Minecraft PS4 for a while where I cannot link my Microsoft account with my PlayStation Minecraft account.

When I try to link the two, the error I get is that my Microsoft account is linked to another PSN, when there shouldn't be.

I've tried reinstalling the game and I would like to connect my main Microsoft account as I've got purchases on there

(I'm not sure whether this is relevant but my Microsoft account is also linked to my Nintendo switch Minecraft too)

Any help and advice is much appreciated

Thank you
    Had you by chance ever in the past logged into minecraft on a friends Playstation account using your own Microsoft account? Do that would have linked the two.

That being said if the Microsoft account is indeed linked with a different PSN account already then there is no way to fix that. Even if you got the two accounts unlinked it wouldnt let you relink a different account and would only ever let you link the account that is already currently tied to it.
  6. chadesh Win User

I can not create posts or reply on callofduty.com forum

heh my main profile has been that way since release. I just made a different account and linked it to an old PSN account I have had since PSN was created.
Thema:

1. Is there any way for my Microsoft account to be linked with a different PSN account? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account linked

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  4. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  5. Unable to login to microsoft account from microsoft.com/link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to login to microsoft account from microsoft.com/link: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #30.5218d017.1704853901.b5600bae is the error code I get when I try to login into my microsoft account on a program that uses...
  6. so we have 2 minecraft accounts with alot of data linked to same microsoft account and 1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    so we have 2 minecraft accounts with alot of data linked to same microsoft account and 1...: how do i fix it anything might help us c8247568-5ee8-44f6-b71c-8509d20456c2
  7. My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...: My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft account rather than mine. I can’t log in dfd9edbe-a489-4b88-8691-2e810459e1fe
  8. Which microsoft account is linked to my PSN?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Which microsoft account is linked to my PSN?: Sorry, not Xbox but I don't know what microsoft account is linked to my PSN account and I can't make a new one. There's only one account I can think of that I could have linked but I keep getting...
  9. Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account: I have Just linked my Microsoft account to my sons nintendo switch so he could join his friends on minecraft, but when singed in there's a linked xbox live account that has never belonged to me!...
  10. Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account: when my daughter migrated her account we had switched her to my email, but i want to switch the microsoft account linked with her minecraft java account over to hers so i no longer get the emails...