Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox?

Discus and support Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a new OLED 4K TV with a new Denon 4K receiver. Suffice it to say, the video displayed from the Xbox looks fantastic when it's connected directly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ayemac, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Ayemac
    Ayemac Guest

I have a new OLED 4K TV with a new Denon 4K receiver. Suffice it to say, the video displayed from the Xbox looks fantastic when it's connected directly to the TV. I mean B-E-A-utiful.

Now I'm looking for an HDMI splitter that can, ideally, provide an output for three TVs. I would like to keep the best possible picture that I can get, so I was thinking an 8K solution even though my devices don't support that. If nothing else, for future proofing if you will. I'm open to 4K options as long as they don't downgrade my video quality. I know there have been advancements in HDMI cabling...so I want to ensure what I get will support what I have.

Is anyone familiar with these type of devices? I've found a few solutions at Monoprice and Best Buy...just not sure that these are the best for what I'm trying to do. I want to ensure HDR is not downgraded as well.

:)

Ayemac, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ayemac, these types of equipment are basically divided into spliters and switches, I found some sites that can help you understand the differences.

https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/audi...

https://sewelldirect.com/blogs/learning-center/...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

I don't have a particular one to recommend, but there are HDMI 2.1 switches out there now that can handle 8K/60 and 4K/120, so in theory they should be fine for Series X use. I would just check reviews and take a punt on one from a store that has a decent return policy. Amazon has a 30 day return policy for most products, so that's one option.
  4. WonDown Win User

Question about hdmi splitter and connecting through the cable box

You are actually using a HDMI switch, which is different from a splitter. You need a 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter. You will connect the HDMI from you cable/sat box to the splitter, then 1 HDMI from the splitter directly to your TV to watch like normal. Then
    the other HDMI from the splitter to your Xbox one HDMI input, and another HDMI from Xbox one output to the TV. Check out the video like I posted for more info.

Watch "Xbox One Cable Box HDMI Splitter" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1G3-yw-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  5. Warlok9 Win User

Question about hdmi splitter and connecting through the cable box

[quote user="WonDown"]
    You are actually using a HDMI switch, which is different from a splitter. You need a 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter. You will connect the HDMI from you cable/sat box to the splitter, then 1 HDMI from the splitter directly to your TV to watch like normal. Then
    the other HDMI from the splitter to your Xbox one HDMI input, and another HDMI from Xbox one output to the TV. Check out the video like I posted for more info.

Watch "Xbox One Cable Box HDMI Splitter" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1G3-yw-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[/quote] Thanks for that video. J was going to do this, but was reading that Xfinity/Comcast boxes detect splitters as copying devices and the box locks out. Can you confirm your cable provider and cable box model? Also, how was your xb1 shutting off when you
    switched inputs?
  6. Hordie Win User

XBox One dual output for cinema projection- HDMI video, AV audio

Hi Enfynet,

The Xbox One only has 1 HDMI out. The only way to use a dual out would be to have an HDMI splitter of some sort. Using a splitter you'd be able to supply video to each of your devices. If your device doesn't use HDMI, I would recommend getting with the
    manufacturer of your video device, and seeing if there was a compatible HDMI to (other video type).
Thema:

1. Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox? - Similar Threads - HDMI Splitter Won't

2. HDMI splitter at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI splitter at 120hz: I need to buy a HDMI splitter @ 120hz for my Xbox Series X. So I can duplicate the picture on my TV and monitor at the same time. I searched for many on Amazon. Which is best for Xbox series X...
  3. Trouble with Xbox, PC, HDMI Splitter and Capture Card - Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with Xbox, PC, HDMI Splitter and Capture Card - Help!: Hi, I am trying to help my son with his streaming set up, but I have hit a roadblock. I did a little research and bought an HDMI splitter and a capture card. I have the splitter plugged into...
  4. Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter

in XboX Insiders
    Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter: I have this problem, I have an xbox x series and an HDMI 2.0 monitor that gives me 1080P 120HZ with Freesync activated. I bought an HDMI 2.O Splitter to have zero latency by doubling the signal to...
  5. Hdmi to optical splitter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi to optical splitter: i used the optical output to my av reciever and hdmi straight to my tv for my xbox one x my reciever was not hdmi 2.0 ready. Do you know of a good 4k 60 hz splitter (my tv is not 120 hz capable)...
  6. Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI: Hi, I have this configuration: Xbox one X Monitor 4K with HDR 10 Splitter HDMI that support 4K and HDR10 HDMI Capture Card (connected with Usb at my Pc) The problem is if i want to use...
  7. Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console.: I bought this 4k 60hz capable HDMI splitter in order to allow my Xbox One X to effectively have two HDMI out ports. One goes to my 1440p monitor and the other goes to my 1080p TV. The splitter...
  8. Can I use an HDMI Splitter, 1 in 2 out, with my Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use an HDMI Splitter, 1 in 2 out, with my Xbox One X?: I used an HDMI Splitter with my Xbox One X for about 1 month and then my Xbox would not turn on anymore. I had to get a replacement Xbox One X. I bought a different brand of Splitter and am...
  9. XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input: So i purchased an HDMI switch and plugged it into the input of the XB One X, and it says no video found. Trying to have a Apple TV, Verizon FIOS, Steam Box, and PS3 all use the XBOX input and...
  10. Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor: Can somebody please help me regarding Dolby Digital sound output from the Xbox one and HDMI splitters. I recently purchased a HDMI splitter 1-4, to connect the Xbox to my PC monitor as well as my...