Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

Discus and support Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by yariel gomez, Feb 8, 2024.

1. yariel gomez
    yariel gomez Guest

Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that account to my new Xbox account

:)

yariel gomez, Feb 8, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

Nothing can be transferred between accounts.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox one games

Hi, as digital content is tied to the account that purchased it the Xbox would need to be the Home Xbox of that account. Other than that there is no way to transfer digital items from one account to another right now.
  4. MRallamagoosa Win User

Как подарить свой xbox one с играми на своем акаунте? [How to donate your xbox one with games on your account?]

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to transfer digital content between two accounts as a MS policy. Being relatives, one thing you could do since you are using your account for other stuff, is to use the Xbox Home features and configure that Xbox
    as your account home console. This way all games are available to all other accounts that sign in on that console.

More info here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  5. PreownedBike Win User

Is there still a way to transfer just one license over to another Xbox?

So is there a way to license transfer all your games still then. Cause I have two accounts and don't want to have to buy the same game for other account too. And will it mess up my games that I transfer the account from? Will I still beable to play those
    games?
  6. ravipPL Win User

Moving licence from xbox 360 to one

"When you purchased digital versions of Xbox 360 games, those games stay on record in your account permanently. As Smwutches mentioned, there is no manual intervention required to "transfer licenses"; the Xbox and the Xbox account takes care of all that
    stuff automatically. It's only a matter of whose account you're logging into, and accessing what that account purchased."

And what about digital games bought from other players and transferred from their account to my? It's possible to do that 3 times a year "transferring licenses to other console". After that every other account on that console can use it. Then that games
    are still on my 360 and I cannot transfer them to xbox one.

"When you log on to your account on the Xbox One, any Xbox 360 digital games rated for backward compatibility will appear on the "Ready to Install" list. Look at Taidara's post for the list of BC games that are playable on the Xbox One. If you have a purchased digital
    Xbox 360 game on your account, and it doesn't appear in the Xbox One's "Ready to Install" list, it likely means it's not backward compatible (yet?). When a 360 game is not backward compatible with the One, neither a digital license or a disc will work."

As long as you have access to the account where it was bought initially. And I don't have it. Still I can play that games on my 360 on every account. And i can't on xbox one.

"Another player can log on with their account on the same console and download their games. I believe execution of the digital game will solely depend if you're logged on to the account that bought it. You can't, for instance, download a game with one account
    (that bought it), log in with another account (that didn't buy it), and start the game -- it will not run (afaik)."

Not true on xbox 360. I bought some games exactly that way. By logging on other player account and transfer license to my console. It's not prohibited and it works the same way as buying discs from other players. Even after removing account where it was
    initially bought it's still playable. So if I understand properly I have content but not records of purchase so this is the reason I cannot download it to xbox one.

"If you don't want to deal with all of those DRM limitations, then, by all means, get the disc version of the game. A disc essentially acts as a portable DRM license."

And this is all essence of the problem. We have 21 century and I have to buy discs because Microsoft is not able to deal with digital licenses. If I knew it before I would probably not buy xbox one. My wife asked me where is the point? And now I don't have
    any other answer except "my stupidity".
Thema:

1. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account? - Similar Threads - transfer digital games

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  5. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  6. Son used Nba2k24 digital code under my account and not his? Anyway to transfer the perks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son used Nba2k24 digital code under my account and not his? Anyway to transfer the perks?: I bought my son the mamba edition of nba2k24 for Christmas. When entering the code he put it under my name and not his. The mamba edition comes with a lot of vc, myteam points, and other perks...
  7. Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...: Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to my brothers account in uk? Game for Xbox one not yet downloaded 42f0f300-aa7d-428c-9a09-6ab666cced25
  8. Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...: Heyo! I am looking to do something, but i'm not 100% sure on how to go about it. I'm not one of these people that will bottle neck the rules, to get what I want. My aim is to take the files from...
  9. Inquiry about transferring from digital to disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inquiry about transferring from digital to disc: If I purchase an Xbox Series X, will I be able to keep and play the games I previously owned on my digital Xbox One S? I’m not very tech smart and would like to know. Thanks...
  10. Transfer ownership of Digital game from one account to another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer ownership of Digital game from one account to another: i want to transfer microsoft flight simolater to my other account f7ee3007-d420-42d0-a040-e3f7b7897515