Is there a way to transfer only XBOX data to a new email address and maintain DLC?

Discus and support Is there a way to transfer only XBOX data to a new email address and maintain DLC? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When my son was a minor, I used my Microsoft account for his XBOX account. Now that he is an adult, we'd both like to transfer only his XBOX data/DLC... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mark Magers, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Mark Magers
    Mark Magers Guest

Is there a way to transfer only XBOX data to a new email address and maintain DLC?

When my son was a minor, I used my Microsoft account for his XBOX account. Now that he is an adult, we'd both like to transfer only his XBOX data/DLC to his email address. Is this possible to "export" only his XBOX data to his email now that he's an adult?

:)

Mark Magers, Mar 14, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

I'm really sorry, the game progress is tied with the profile that created it and the downloadable contents have licenses on which the licenses will be attached to the profile that purchase it as well. As of the moment, there is no option to transfer both.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Is there any way to transfer purchases?

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Please be informed that there's no way we can transfer account data and licenses. They will remain on that account. What we could only do is to switch or transfer email address as a primary email address of the account. However, that can only be done if the email address we're talking about is a 3rd party email address since we can replace it and transfer to a different account. If that was a Microsoft email address, there's no way we can transfer that to a different account since Microsoft emails are Microsoft account itself.
  4. Rostom L Win User

so i pretty much want to get a old xbox account onto my new email

Hi Tyler!

What's your new email domain? If it's a 3rd party email address, you could just simply unlink it from its current account and move the email address to your old account. If that's a Microsoft email, there's no way we could transfer it over to another account.

We could only do switching of primary email address as long as it's a 3rd party email address. It doesn't work with Microsoft emails since their emails are Microsoft account itself. Removing them from the account means deleting them permanently.

In regards to data transfer, it's not possible. Our account licenses and other data will always remain on our account.
  5. Surreal Phantom Win User

I forgot my windows live ID

If it has a hard drive, I would buy a transfer kit and transfer all data to new Xbox this should allow you to retrieve email address.
  6. Christian Quinto Win User

I was curious if I could switch a Xbox account to a different Microsoft account

Thank you for your response.

Adding a new email address/alias as a secondary on his Xbox account is only for sign in preferences and this will not transfer any saved data progress or files from one account to another.

I would suggest not to remove the original primary email address on your family member's account as this will permanently delete all of the files and saved data progresses on his Xbox account.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to transfer only XBOX data to a new email address and maintain DLC? - Similar Threads - transfer data email

2. How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S: I’ve got an Xbox One S that won’t stay on, keeps rebooting itself. So I bought a new one and would like to find out how my data can be transferred from the old to the new? It doesn’t stay on long...
  3. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows...
  4. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  5. Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers: This has probably been asked before but. I own Hogwarts legacy Xbox one edition for my Xbox one. But I will soon be getting an Xbox series X and I know I can bring the Xbox one edition to series...
  6. Transfer Data from a account to other account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Data from a account to other account: No idea why but i have 2 microsoft accounts. It is possible to transfer the games (just FH4 ultimate Edition and save game dosnt mater) devices and shopping history to the other profile so i can...
  7. Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...: Today there have been hundreds of sign-in attempts made to my microsoft account, i changed password and added a 2-factor authentication but i would like to close the account and move all of my...
  8. Changing linked Xbox account email or transferring data to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing linked Xbox account email or transferring data to another account?: Hi so my Xbox account is technically my parents, and I was just wondering if it was possible to change which email the Xbox account is linked to so I could change it to my email and remove them...
  9. how do i transfer data over from 1 email to another

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i transfer data over from 1 email to another: i want to change the email of my microsoft account to a different email because google locked down the email that is associated with the microsoft account so how do i put all the data from one...
  10. How to change the microsoft email address and transfer all microsoft account data to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the microsoft email address and transfer all microsoft account data to...: Pls help on how to change the microsoft account of minecraft without loosing minecraft data. Is there any way to change the microsoft email address (with .hotmail at end) and transfer all...