Is there a way to regain access to an old account

Discus and support Is there a way to regain access to an old account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my old console was stolen a long time ago and I had my first ever profile on there and I wanted to see if there was a way I could regain access to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by chylon, Jan 27, 2023.

1. chylon
    chylon Guest

So my old console was stolen a long time ago and I had my first ever profile on there and I wanted to see if there was a way I could regain access to it only problem is i only remember my gamertag I’m not sure what email was associated with the profile is there a way to check the email to the old profile to see if i still at least have access to the email?

:)

chylon, Jan 27, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are trying to recover your Xbox account. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

To access your Xbox profile and other Microsoft services, you need to know the email address and password you used to set up your Microsoft account.

Important: Xbox Support can’t provide this info, even if you know your gamertag

If you know the email address for your Microsoft account but need to reset your account password, visit: Reset or recover your lost Microsoft account password | Xbox Support

Please see: Find your Microsoft account email address | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

LOCKED - Forgot Email to old Account

You need to call phone support then to regain access to your old account.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Someone signing in my account

With the security proof update started the only way to change your password is to regain access to that old security proof cancel the update which will then give you the oppurtunity to change the password on the account then you would be able to change
    the security proof to something that you do have access to currently.
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

old account with no way to access it

Hi Sami! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your uncle's account.

I'm afraid the only way to have full control over the account is to have access to its email. Since the account has been locked due to multiple failed sign-in attempts, you can try to unblock the account by submitting an account reinstatement form through this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/AccountReinstatement

Also, the only option to recover the account and regain access to it is to submit an account recovery request via the webform:

https://account.live.com/acsr

However, in this case, you might want to coordinate this over to your Uncle since he is the owner of the account and he might still remember the information required from the account recovery webform.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. Is there a way to regain access to an old account - Similar Threads - regain access old

2. Regaining access to an old Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Regaining access to an old Xbox account: So, I’ve got a current Xbox account but I had one many years ago before I switched to PlayStation, I’ve found the account so can confirm it still exists, but the email was a tied to zune, so I...
  3. How do I regain access to an account that is locked and I don’t have the email for

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I regain access to an account that is locked and I don’t have the email for: I recently tried to log into my other account on my Xbox series s and it said I needed to log in on the web. However I have forgotten my email for that account so I am unable to do so. I would...
  4. Help with regaining access to gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help with regaining access to gamertag: Hi, I set up an account for my son a few years ago. 6 months ago he sold his Xbox so he deleted everything off of it so the new owner couldn’t access our card details etc. However, we now have...
  5. I've had my account stolen and I want to know how I can regain access

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account stolen and I want to know how I can regain access: Recently, my brother was playing minecraft, when he had his account hacked. upon further inspection, the hacker has deleted his microsoft account (registered under gmail) and since then we have...
  6. Is there anyway to be able to regain access to really old accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to be able to regain access to really old accounts?: I have two really, really old Xbox accounts, but haven't been able to access them for years. I keep them on the console as memorabilia and in hopes of someday regaining access. Now, I may need to...
  7. Is there a way to regain access to an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to regain access to an old account: So my old console was stolen a long time ago and I had my first ever profile on there and I wanted to see if there was a way I could regain access to it only problem is i only remember my gamertag...
  8. Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag: I'm trying to get access to my old gamertag. I transferred it from one email account to another, I think 4 or 5 years ago. But both the original account and the account I thought I'd transferred...
  9. Regain access to an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Regain access to an old account: so afew years back i was scammed and lost access to my account where they changed the email and password and spent hundreds of dollars on my mother's card and i was never able to get the game i...
  10. Regain access to a xboxlive account that has an old email.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Regain access to a xboxlive account that has an old email.: I'm trying to regain access to an xboxlive account that is tied to an old email that I no longer can access. It seems it got lost during some transition from hotmail being changed to outlook I...