Is there a way to recover an xbox account that has been inactive, you know the email but...

Discus and support Is there a way to recover an xbox account that has been inactive, you know the email but... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My uncle made me an xbox account when i was 7 years old (19 now turning 20) He no longer uses the Yahoo account he made the account with. I have been... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by You Tryed, Mar 12, 2023.

1. You Tryed
    You Tryed Guest

Is there a way to recover an xbox account that has been inactive, you know the email but...

My uncle made me an xbox account when i was 7 years old (19 now turning 20) He no longer uses the Yahoo account he made the account with. I have been locked out of that account for about 6-7 years now because my younger sibling tried to sign into it without knowing the controller pin that i set on the account. the account was uninstalled off the system afterward because i thought i can try reinstalling it (HORRIBLE IDEA) I did not know the password, but i know the yahoo account for it. I cannot log into the yahoo account and the security questions arent any help considering my uncle forgot the answers. That account has 100s of $ spent on it to buy almost every dlc cod has ever released, and i cant even count how many random indie games i bought when i was a kid. The reason it hurts so bad to not have the account anymore is because i really wanted to play some black ops one with the map packs but i would have to buy the game and maps all over again and i have no money to do so.

:)

You Tryed, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Is there a way to recover an xbox account that has been inactive, you know the email but dont have access to it?

Hi You!

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Due to our account safety and security, only us the account owners have the ability to recover and verify the ownership of our accounts using the security information we have setup into our accounts.

If you no longer have access to those security information, the only option for you to get back access to your account is to fill out the account recovery form here https://account.live.com/acsr

You may learn more some tips and information about the recovery form here https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  3. Georges C. Win User

How to recover old Xbox 360 Account

Hello again, if when trying to recover the account it goes to your current email, it means that either your account has been terminated for inactivity, or you are not putting the correct email, and the email related to Gamertag is another.
  4. HassanB Win User

gamertag recovery

Unfortunately you won't be able to recover the account if the e-mail address went inactive. If the account was still on your XBOX 360 and you hadn't tried to recover it already then you would have been able to login to it and been able to change it that
    way. Unfortunately they haven't quite figured out a way to bring back inactive Windows Live ID's yet, and your data has been lost. There's really no easy to say it but you are unfortunately out of luck.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Account email closed due to inactivity

I don't understand, in case your email would be the Xbox account or not, or it would be another email that has as security information.

Remember that the account a Microsoft account accesses several services, including Xbox so are not separate things.

Regardless of what, if any Microsoft accounts have been deleted for inactivity, you won't be able to recover it.
  6. Mr Spoon 1972 Win User

Is there a way I can have my old Gamer-Tag recovered somehow or moved to a new account?

support.xbox.com/contact-us
    I've already tried that route and was told that the account cannot be recovered because it has been marked as inactive and the only way to re-activate an inactive account is to enter a 9 digit code that is emailed to the primary email address on the account
    which no longer exists. I'm stuck in a loop of "I need to update the email address because it n longer exists but need access to the email to update it'"

Is there any was to escalate this request further?
Thema:

1. Is there a way to recover an xbox account that has been inactive, you know the email but... - Similar Threads - recover account has

2. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  3. How can I recover my account when it has been hijacked and the hijacker changed the two...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my account when it has been hijacked and the hijacker changed the two...: I have filled out that form asking which account I want to recover, asks for birthday and some old passcodes you’ve used before but it seems as if that automated feature does not work at all...
  4. My account has been hacked and deleted. When i try do recover I am not able to because I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked and deleted. When i try do recover I am not able to because I...: When I tried to sign in it didn't work. Then when I checked my Gmail it said "Your security info was deleted." c6dbde92-2f85-4249-b5a5-1a733d55c430
  5. Any way to recover a hacked Microsoft account where the email has been changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way to recover a hacked Microsoft account where the email has been changed?: So I fell for a phishing scam and my account was stolen and the original email was removed and a new one added so the original account no longer exists, I just wanted to know if there was any way...
  6. I recovered my locked account but my account has stayed locked and I have no way of getting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I recovered my locked account but my account has stayed locked and I have no way of getting...: My main Xbox account is locked because someone tried taking it from me. I completed all forms, got the email saying that my account was recovered and I was verified as the owner but my account has...
  7. My son's account has the email and password changed, tried online recover but no luck for now

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's account has the email and password changed, tried online recover but no luck for now: I have two child's account under my main account. For both I purchased a license for Minecraft. Now my son, yesterday received an information that his email linked to the microsoft has changed...
  8. Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account: Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account. Any idea how to get in touch with support and actually speak to someone? 37436d96-f09e-4530-91da-a8db9d74c64a
  9. How do I recover my locked outlook email account after the verification system has failed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my locked outlook email account after the verification system has failed...: I have had an outlook email for years that has been attached to various entertainment websites including xbox live. Microsoft has locked my account due to "unusual activity" and countless...
  10. My microsoft account has been compromised can i have recover it if I can prove it is mine

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been compromised can i have recover it if I can prove it is mine: Today when I turned my pc on it had another username when i logged in my user account and I checked to see what's going on and it seems my account has been compromised, the hacker has changed the...