is there a way to record discord audio via xbox series x?

Discus and support is there a way to record discord audio via xbox series x? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have been using the discord party chat feature for a while now and love it, but one thing i have noticed is that it doesnt pick up the audio when i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RookRemus Xander, Mar 9, 2023.

1. is there a way to record discord audio via xbox series x?

i have been using the discord party chat feature for a while now and love it, but one thing i have noticed is that it doesnt pick up the audio when i record videos like it does for party chat, is there a way to record it or no?

:)

RookRemus Xander, Mar 9, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

There is no setting to record Discord voice chat. As Discord voice channel audio can’t be broadcasted through Xbox live streaming either
  3. CrypticlDeath Win User

Xbox one smartglass to watch friends game DVR clips... No audio?

Just encountered this issue for the first time tonight while recording clips via "Xbox Record That" for Titanfall. It's frustrating because I'm pretty sure there is no way to get that audio back for the clips that have already been recorded that are plagued
    by this no audio bug. Hopefully a resolution will be found.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

how do i get (record) the chat audio from my Xbox series x to my evga xr1 connected to my pc

Hello Wrong Person1

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are trying to record chat audio from your Xbox Series X by using another device. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Xbox clips don't record voice/game chat currently. You can record the voice on a different device and then add it to your gameplay, or stream the content through twitch. You can also use a capture card. To record chat audio from your Xbox Series X to your EVGA XR1 connected to your PC, you need to make sure that your headset is connected to the XR1's audio port. Then, in OBS, you need to add an audio input capture source and select the XR1 as the audio device. You should then be able to record both game audio and chat audio.

If you are still having issues with the audio quality, you may need to adjust the audio settings in OBS or on your Xbox. You can also try using a different headset or cable to see if that improves the audio quality.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  6. stuart mcb Win User
Thema:

1. is there a way to record discord audio via xbox series x? - Similar Threads - record discord audio

2. My Xbox One S doesn’t record videos at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S doesn’t record videos at all.: Yes it does start recording, but before I get to that I must add this was an issue on my Xbox One prior to the Xbox One S, it happened day one when I got the Xbox One S but had been an issue for...
  3. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  4. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  7. Discord audio not appearing in recordings?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord audio not appearing in recordings?: anytime I attempt to record or stream to send footage to my friend no audio from our discord vc goes into my recording, is it meant to be like that? if so will it be added in the future?...
  8. Discord and Record a clip has no audio?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord and Record a clip has no audio?: Is there an issue where there is No audio when creating a clip while in discord on xbox? Ive tried recording 15 sec clips, 1 min clips, 30 sec clips and no audio in any of them when i join into a...
  9. Discord and Record a clip has no audio?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord and Record a clip has no audio?: Is there an issue where there is No audio when creating a clip while in discord on xbox? Ive tried recording 15 sec clips, 1 min clips, 30 sec clips and no audio in any of them when i join into a...
  10. Xbox doesnt record background sounds such as youtube or discord

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox doesnt record background sounds such as youtube or discord: Since I finally updated my win10, I have issues with sounds on the background while im playing games. It doesnt record my youtube songs nor the discord conversations that happens on the...