Is there a way to delete a single save file for a game instead of all of the save files?

Discus and support Is there a way to delete a single save file for a game instead of all of the save files? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to delete a save file on a game that unfortunately does not allow you to so I was wondering if there is a way for me to do this outside of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by louyuen, Dec 29, 2022.

1. louyuen
    louyuen Guest

Is there a way to delete a single save file for a game instead of all of the save files?

I want to delete a save file on a game that unfortunately does not allow you to so I was wondering if there is a way for me to do this outside of the game. I am aware that there is an option to delete all save files for a game but I need to know if there is a way to delete just one as I have 3 save files on the same account and don’t want all of them to disappear.

:)

louyuen, Dec 29, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

It is generally possible to delete a single save file for a game, rather than all of the save files at once. The specific method for doing this will depend on the platform on which the game is running and the specific game itself.

On a computer, you can often delete individual save files by navigating to the folder where the game stores its save files and deleting the specific file that you want to remove. The location of the save files will vary depending on the game and the operating system that you are using.

On a console, you can often delete individual save files by accessing the system's storage management menu and selecting the specific save file that you want to delete. The exact steps for doing this will depend on the specific console that you are using.

If you are unable to delete a specific save file using these methods, it is possible that the game does not allow individual save files to be deleted. In this case, you may need to delete all of the save files and start over if you want to reset your progress in the game.
  3. WaffleBurger696 Win User

In reality it depends on the game and if the dev team bothered to code in a function, Look for a youtube guide on how to do said action,Ask members of the community, or poke around the settings for the game.
  4. Buachaill Dona Win User

How to delete game saves on xbox one

Hi there,

If I remember correctly the way to delete save files is in game on the load a save page it should give an option to delete a highlighted save file. But it's been a while since I played it.
  5. HassanB Win User

My saves disappeared

It's unfortunate that this happened but it's not possible to retrieve the save files of the games. Is it possible that when you deleted the gamer tag you selected "Delete Profile and Items" instead of just "Delete Profile Only". Selecting the first option
    would have also deleted your save game files.
  6. Mythik Kingz Win User

0x838601e7 Error with syncing data from cloud storage

Okay so I deleted my saved files locally by going through the settings and then to storage and deleted all of my local files, and despite the fact that I had already delete the save file for dark souls 2 through the manage game option, this somehow worked
    instead. No idea why but hopefully this will help someone else. So if you're having this issue just delete all of your local files through settings and then when you reboot the game it should sync just fine.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to delete a single save file for a game instead of all of the save files? - Similar Threads - delete single save

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  4. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  5. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices: ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games. I just...
  8. How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?: When i tried to update the minecraft apk file. It gave a choice to save the files before deleting the app and installing it again and so i clicked yes and after that i tried to reinstall minecraft...
  9. Clip offline deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clip offline deleted: Good evening. I recorded several clips offline, wanted to save them (offline they were all visible, I even watched them a few times) and put the console to refresh so I could come back online and...
  10. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745