Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a...

Discus and support Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my Xbox 360 slim for 5 years and I got the red ring on it when playing. I have recently come back to it and error code E69 showed up and did... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DL-DFalcon, Mar 1, 2023.

1. DL-DFalcon
    DL-DFalcon Guest

Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a...

I have had my Xbox 360 slim for 5 years and I got the red ring on it when playing. I have recently come back to it and error code E69 showed up and did some research and cleaned out the entire Xbox 360 slim from the inside and have found out the problem is the hard drive. I have never taken the hard drive out while the Xbox is on which is something that could destroy it. When I took out the hard drive and turned the Xbox back on it turned on the error code was gone, so something has to be wrong with the hard drive. All of my data was on the hard drive and I never saved anything on cloud. If there is a fix I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

DL-DFalcon, Mar 1, 2023
  2. FireSnakeEyez Win User

moving profile

3. Talax Lives Win User

Hardrive question

you can take the hard drive from one console to another no problem.

There is only restriction to this... the only way you can use the hard drive from the old style XBOX 360 on the new "SLIM" 360 is the following:

Using a USB transfer kit, you can plug the old style xbox hard drive into the new SLIM XBOX. You can then transfer stuff to the new XBOX. Note that in this setup, you can't use the old style hard drive for anything other than transferring stuff over.

If both XBOX 360 are the old style, there is no problem, just pop the hard drive off one 360 and plug it into the other one.

Note that disassembling the hard drive unit (to take the bare drive out) is not supported, and is a terms of use violation.
  4. davemcfly85 Win User

Xbox 360 Hard Drives

no the older clip on the outside hard drives on the white 360s and the later elites are NOT compatible with the slim models. only a 250 or 320 gig drive that goes INSIDE the 360 slim will work sorry. but you CAN transfer the data from that drive to the
    other 360 once you have the hard drive in there. you just need to get a data transfer cable like this one:

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable
    good luck!
  5. Mythic xSagex Win User

do the memory units work in the x360 s?

The only memory unit that works with both the xbox 360 original and the slim isx the usb flashdrive. Hard drives, memory cards dont work in the xbox 360 slim if you want to get your data from your old hard drive to your new xbox 360 slim hard drive then
    you will need a transfer cable which can be bought at your local retailer I.E: Gamestop or any gaming store
  6. MoltenDarkman Win User

Installing Halo Reach to the Hard Drive

you will need to first get a transfer kit to move all your data from your old Xbox 360 to the slim Xbox 360.Also you will need to get a hard drive for the Xbox 360 slim to transfer all the data from your old Xbox to the slim Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a... - Similar Threads - transfer hard drive

2. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  3. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  4. Progress bar won’t start when trying to transfer game to a hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Progress bar won’t start when trying to transfer game to a hard drive: I’m trying to move a game from my internal storage to my hard drive and it saying installing but when I check it it says “moving” and the percent stays at 0.0%. I don’t really know what else to...
  5. How to transfer games from hard drive to series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer games from hard drive to series X: I recently got an Xbox series X and gave the Xbox one to my son. I wanted to move the games from the external hard drive to the internal storage of the series X but my husband thought we could...
  6. Game won’t transfer into my internal hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t transfer into my internal hard drive: I bought 2k24 for the Xbox series X and I downloaded it onto my hard drive and then I had to move it into my Xbox and it is saying installation stopped every time I try to resume my game and I...
  7. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?: Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i...
  8. Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.: Hi ! I’m planning on buying a new Xbox series because I’m currently on the old Xbox One (gotta get ready for GTA 6 ;) ) and I was wondering if all my data would be transferred without any problems...
  9. Installation stopped when transferring between external hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped when transferring between external hard drives: Hi, I have an Xbox 1x with 2 external hard drives. One has been acting up (would freeze the USB bus at times that was unrecoverable unless I physically unplugged that drive & plugged it back in)...
  10. Why will my external hard drive not transfer games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will my external hard drive not transfer games?: My external hard drive that I got for my Xbox s was working fine and transferring games, now it is not working. When I go to transfer a game it will download at a high speed then drop and stop the...