Is there a way I can display my Xbox 360 in my laptop screen with an HDMI cable?

Discus and support Is there a way I can display my Xbox 360 in my laptop screen with an HDMI cable? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't like using my TV for Xbox, it's just that I do not have a comfortable way of watching it. I would really like to use my HD laptop to display my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VicenteJaramillo Guerrero, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Is there a way I can display my Xbox 360 in my laptop screen with an HDMI cable?

I don't like using my TV for Xbox, it's just that I do not have a comfortable way of watching it. I would really like to use my HD laptop to display my Xbox 360, but I have no idea how to do this. I use Windows 10. Thanks in advancement!

:)

VicenteJaramillo Guerrero, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Ae Pumba Win User

Problem displaying in 1080p resolution

I can change the resolution out of 640x480 but if I choose 720p, 1440p or 1080p the green screen start again.

I tried using another device (laptop, xbox 360) with the same HDMI cable and they are displayed in 1080p perfectly. As soon as I reconnect the HDMI cable on my xbox one the screen shrinks in 640x480
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Is there a way I can display my Xbox 360 in my laptop screen with an HDMI cable?

The vast majority of laptop HDMI connectors are output only, their function is to send the laptop's display to external display, such as monitor, TV or a projector. It only goes one way.

An external capture device can receive your Xbox output and display it in Windows, but there is a big downside to this method, latency. The capture device still has to process the image before sending it to the PC which in turn causes a slight delay.

Sure, you'll get your console displayed on your laptop this way, but it won't be anything like being connected it to a dedicated display.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

unless you purchase an external capture card then there is no way to vies it on the laptop, the hdmi port on a laptop is for sending a signal not receiving.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Changing Display

I couldn't find that model however, Acer's 'Aspire' range are laptop computers. It is highly likely that your laptop's HDMI port is an output only. Which means it is only designed to output your laptop display to another screen. It can not be used for
    a display for your Xbox 360. Sorry.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox 360 Slim - HDMI Setup

To switch from an AV port cable to an HDMI cable, try the following:

• Power off the console and the display
    • Unplug the AV port cable
    • Plug in the HDMI cable on the console
    • Attach the other end of the HDMI cable to an input on the display
    • Power on the display and select the corresponding HDMI input
    • Follow the instructions listed in
      Solution 4 of the black screen on TV or Monitor troubleshooter
      while powering on the console

That should get you to... I believe a 480p output from the 360 to the display. After that, you can adjust the output format from System Settings.
Thema:

1. Is there a way I can display my Xbox 360 in my laptop screen with an HDMI cable? - Similar Threads - display 360 laptop

2. Xbox 360 display acting up. Crashes frequent.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 display acting up. Crashes frequent.: I recently found my old Xbox 360 S a few days ago and plugged it back in. When I did that, the wallpaper/background seemed all broken, with corrupted polygons everywhere. The console also crashes...
  3. My Xbox 360 display is flickering on and off. What to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 display is flickering on and off. What to do?: The problem started in April. Whenever I tried to play anything on the 360, the screen just turns off and on. Can't play or change the settings. So went to a nearby shop for repairs but the...
  4. Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language: When I boot up my Xbox half of the dashboard is English and the other stuff is another language, does anyone have a fix for this? ff1d5b43-19b6-4c49-822c-9d43922c3eca
  5. My Xbox 360 display is flickering on and off. What to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 display is flickering on and off. What to do?: I have tried every HDMI settings like 720p, 1080i, 1080p and also used the red, white and yellow cable but still the screen is getting on and off all again, screen is flickering like hell. I also...
  6. How do I display Xbox 360 screen on my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I display Xbox 360 screen on my laptop?: So I want to display my Xbox 360's screen on my laptop (to have what is happening on the tv screen appear on my laptop) without a capture card, but I'm not too sure how. Does anybody have a...
  7. Xbox 360 slim , no green ring (Only the middle),and no display output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim , no green ring (Only the middle),and no display output.: My Xbox 360 slim is the 4g + Kinect model, stopped working after having a pause from being used, and it doesn't display anything, I've tried a new HDMI cable and another TV, with the same result!...
  8. : Xbox 360 tv No display

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox 360 tv No display: : Xbox 360 tv No display I have a slightly older sony tv model and I changed the resolution and mhz in the xbox hdmi options, not knowing that it can happen and then the image from the console...
  9. Series X has display issues only on 360 Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X has display issues only on 360 Games: Got my XSX last Thursday - game pass titles (Sea of Thieves, Control) play great and look as they should but two 360 games I tried have strange pixel issues. In the screenshot below, the XSX UI...
  10. Xbox app (iOS) doesn’t display details for any 360 games. Possibly missing information/no...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app (iOS) doesn’t display details for any 360 games. Possibly missing information/no...: [IMG] submitted by /u/snoopalex9 [link] [comments]