Is there a solution to the 80151901 error? Anyone? Please?

Discus and support Is there a solution to the 80151901 error? Anyone? Please? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, I have been having problems with Live for a few months, I should have guessed there was going to be a problem. It started in August, when every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stella Lumia, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Stella Lumia
    Stella Lumia Guest

OK, I have been having problems with Live for a few months, I should have guessed there was going to be a problem. It started in August, when every other time I would login to Live I would be asked to provide a different e-mail address (they already have
    2 - 3 if you include the one that I used for the Live account itself)and then I would get booted off after 10 minutes or so. But if I tested the connection it was fine so I didn't worry too much.

Now, I cannot recall exactly when in November (I was in hospital for the first 2 weeks of December, so there is a time where I didn't play the Xbox)but there was an update and since that time, I get this error message. I tried everything suggested to fix
    this problem. If I don't include the time I have spent searching( such as the laughable section called help/support) the forums here, on other sites even YouTube and nothing works, Nothing at all. I thought it was a modem problem, so I bought a new modem/router,
    which is configured correctly, and it works perfectly fine with every other device I have (including an ancient PC from 2005 just to see if it could connect) and the only thing that doesn't connect is the Xbox - it cannot even connect to my home network and
    I've tried it both wireless and wired.

The worst part of this is now I cannot play most of my games as the DL content wont show up. One example is DA 2, which I cannot finish as I MUST be logged into Live and the EA servers to access the DL content. I have been a member of Gold for 5 and this
    year would have been 6 years, but the lack of any support from Microsoft - the seeming refusal in acknowledging that this issue exists makes the PS4 look like the better option for my new console.

Now, I have tried all the solutions I have found here and others suggested with ZERO results. I am restating this just in case my overly long whinge about this problem is too irritating, dull or familiar.

I have a 360, and I am using a NetgearN600 (and it is configured correctly) and since I don't know if the problem is worldwide or local I will include my country, which is Australia.

I would appreciate any help on this issue, as I would like to be able to play out the last few months of my gold membership, since I paid $70 for the privilege.

:)

Stella Lumia, Dec 31, 2013
  2. vastim1-
    vastim1- Guest
    Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

One important thing I forgot to add, once my IP address was switch to that of the static IP, my desktop internet was not connecting. So what I ended up doing was going back to the Local Area connection Properties (TCP/IP) and clicked on the "Obtain IP address
    automatically" again, which solved my internet connection and also allowed me to connect to xbox live.

vastim1-, Dec 31, 2013
  3. vastim1-
    vastim1- Guest
    Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

I have/had the same problem and I stupidly followed the xbox support instructions and deleted my gamer profile, cleared cache, that didn't work, and i couldn't get online so i had to find a different solution to get my gamer profile back. I tried enabling
    my router to recognize the xbox mac address, but nope. I clicked around and figured, came across the forwarding port, my router is protecting from outside intrusion and I think the xbox was being rejected.

So what I ended up doing is creating a static IP address.

Then went into my router to set up forward ports. And it took a while but it worked, the only downside is that it HAS to be connected by eithernet cable, and manually input the static ip address, submask, gateway, and both dns. the wireless adapter is not
    picking up the static ip and all the other changes I don't know whats going on there but I'll take what I can get.

These were the instructions I followed if anyone is interested.

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

scroll down and click on "port forwarding guide to xbox 360". from there pick out your router then the model, follow the instructions on how to make a static IPaddress, then follow the instructions on how to get to your port forwarding in your router, fill
    out the numbers it asks you to fill out (with your static ip) and hopefully it works out.

its hard and sucks but its working for me now even if its with a wire.

vastim1-, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Stella Lumia
    Stella Lumia Guest

Bumping out of desperation.

And I apologise again for the length of the post.

Stella Lumia, Jan 2, 2014
  5. I'm almost positive that this widespread problem is on Microsoft's end. Their unwillingness to discuss the possibility that it might be on their end makes this issue infinitely worse. My suggested answer is to make the 360 your last Microsoft console. Go
    with a PS4, like I did.

ResistandRevolt, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Stella Lumia
    Stella Lumia Guest
    I was weighing up whether I was going to get a PS4 as well as the One, but I guess I will save my money.

The fact this is widespread and yet their refusal to admit there is an issue - sounds so much like attitude with their OS.

For a while there the 360 was my favourite console (so much so I didn't bother getting a PS3) and I really enjoyed Live. It's a shame that Microsoft has fallen back into their arrogant attitude towards their loyal customers.

Stella Lumia, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Same is happening to me for a week now. This is really getting old.

AydenHendricks, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Stella Lumia
    Stella Lumia Guest

I'm wondering if this has been solved, as I'm still unable to connect to live.

Stella Lumia, Jan 22, 2014
  9. Same story dude, the past two weeks when I try to connect to Xbox LIVE it gives me the error codes 80151909 and 80151904 (changes each time). I have done everything Xbox.com error code look up said (reset your password, clear system cache, re-download profile,
    reset your xbox, reset your modem, open your ports, ect) and nothing has worked! There have been a handful of times where I could connect to Xbox LIVE but my dashboard wouldn't load (error code 8007274c) and anytime I go to a game I lose internet. None of
    my other devices (PC, iPad, ect) are having any problems with internet. Glad to see there are other people and not just me!

AtomicPenguinV2, Jan 22, 2014
  10. Stella Lumia
    Stella Lumia Guest
    This so blows! I have had this issue for 4 months! I have gotten zero use of gold and it's due to run out in a few days - why cant this be solved? Are they trying to force people on to their new console? If I was a more suspicious minded person I would
    think they were letting this issue continue for that reason.

Stella Lumia, Feb 2, 2014
  11. Sorry to hear you're still having problems, mine just started working out of nowhere.

AtomicPenguinV2, Oct 31, 2018
  12. AtomicPenguinV2 Win User

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, mine just started working out of nowhere.
  13. Stella Lumia Win User

I was weighing up whether I was going to get a PS4 as well as the One, but I guess I will save my money.

The fact this is widespread and yet their refusal to admit there is an issue - sounds so much like attitude with their OS.

For a while there the 360 was my favourite console (so much so I didn't bother getting a PS3) and I really enjoyed Live. It's a shame that Microsoft has fallen back into their arrogant attitude towards their loyal customers.
  14. Stella Lumia Win User

This so blows! I have had this issue for 4 months! I have gotten zero use of gold and it's due to run out in a few days - why cant this be solved? Are they trying to force people on to their new console? If I was a more suspicious minded person I would
    think they were letting this issue continue for that reason.
  15. Stella Lumia Win User

I'm wondering if this has been solved, as I'm still unable to connect to live.
  16. AydenHendricks Win User

Same is happening to me for a week now. This is really getting old.
Thema:

1. Is there a solution to the 80151901 error? Anyone? Please? - Similar Threads - solution 80151901 error

2. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  3. Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?: I purchased a used Xbox game for the original Xbox off of eBay. The game arrived today but it looks like it popped off the spindle in the case and scratched the read side. The scratches are not...
  4. Pls help me or someone got a solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls help me or someone got a solution: Can you please help,my Xbox series x is not working and it turns off automatically and my tv gos to"No signal" 86010458-51f7-4c1d-9b75-51f1a714e97a
  5. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  6. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...
  7. Do I need to get my xbox professionally fixed or is there a solution?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to get my xbox professionally fixed or is there a solution?: I have an xbox one S and it comes up with error E200 I have tried all the troubleshooting options and during the offline update I get an Error E101 and when I try to factory reset it, it will turn...
  8. Seeking Solutions for Connectivity

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seeking Solutions for Connectivity: Esteemed Gaming Sages, I trust this message finds you immersed in the vibrant landscapes of digital conquests. Alas, my loyal Xbox, the gatekeeper to gaming realms, is ensnared in the perplexing...
  9. Xbox one series X error E201 crash possible solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series X error E201 crash possible solution: So, i went to turn on my Xbox series X and was met with error code E201 with a long jumble of numbers an letters afterwards. I restarted and it was the same. Error E201 with a different jumble,...
  10. any solutions please

in XBoX on Consoles
    any solutions please: my rk61 keboard turns on when i connect it to the xbox but then none of the keys work so i cant type or move in any compatible game any solutions? 1b8b6188-c361-4f05-a113-f5ca12dce070