Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...

Discus and support Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller will not connect via wire to my PC, have tried plugging into USB port on mother board but no luck. Tried to manually chnage the driver... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by L_90909, Dec 4, 2022.

1. L_90909
    L_90909 Guest

Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...

My controller will not connect via wire to my PC, have tried plugging into USB port on mother board but no luck. Tried to manually chnage the driver but my PC does not seem to have the controller drivers.

:)

L_90909, Dec 4, 2022
  2. FrontlineKhan Win User

Xbox controller both 360 and Xbox One error when plugged in (USB device not recongnised)

Hi JoshThrelfall,

You should be able to install any drivers you've downloaded using Device Manager:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Find the Xbox Controller (usually it will be in Input Devices, but it might be under or Other Devices)

Right click on it and selcet "Update Driver Software"

Choose "Browse My Computer For Driver Software"

Select the location that you saved the downloaded driver

Press Next and Windows should install it for you.

After that, reboot your PC.
  3. Whitey Black Win User

Xbox wireless adapter malfunction.

try delete the driver and install again the driver

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+install+the+Xbox+One+Wireless+Receiver+in+Windows+10/103157

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc
  4. FreakRoach Win User

xbox one controller

What is al driver? And windows 10 is already their in my laptop.
    Once you connect your controller to your PC, Windows should prompt you to install the drivers.

If nothing happens, open Store on your PC and install "Xbox Accessories" app. Then connect your Xbox One Controller, and check whether there are any updates. If there are then update the controller.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

I Can not Connect My Xbox One controll to My pC

Hi there Christian,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the current issue with driver installation for the Xbox One wireless
    controller.

If Windows doesn’t install the driver automatically, you can update the driver manually via Device Manager. Follow
    these steps:

1) On your keyboard, press
    Win+R(Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run box.

2) Type
    devmgmt.mscand press
    Enteron your keyboard.

3) Expand the branch
    Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

4) Right-click on the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select
    Update driver
    (On lower Windows 10 versions, select
    Update Driver Software).

5) Click
    Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will install
    the new driver for the device.

6) Check to see if you can use the Xbox One Controller properly.

Check out the troubleshooting article:
    How
    to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

Hope this helps.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

XBOX ONE ADAPTER PROBLEM - ON WINDOWS 10

Hi there MMPR,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the current issue with driver installation for the Xbox One wireless
    controller.

If Windows doesn’t install the driver automatically, you can update the driver manually via Device Manager. Follow
    these steps:

1) On your keyboard, press
    Win+R(Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run box.

2) Type
    devmgmt.mscand press
    Enteron your keyboard.

3) Expand the branch
    Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

4) Right-click on the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select
    Update driver
    (On lower Windows 10 versions, select
    Update Driver Software).

5) Click
    Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will install
    the new driver for the device.

6) Check to see if you can use the Xbox One Controller properly.

Check out the troubleshooting article:
    How
    to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my... - Similar Threads - location install drivers

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. Can't set default install location when trying to install a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't set default install location when trying to install a game.: I just purchased the PC game pass and am having issues trying to download any games. I only have the C: drive so picking a different drive won't do anything. I've tried restarting, reinstalling,...
  4. Windows Xbox app doesn't retain default install location

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox app doesn't retain default install location: Hi, Just as above really! Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks 7f523000-e726-4140-ad72-8a146b99b135
  5. Xbox app ignores custom install location

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app ignores custom install location: After a reinstall of Windows due to a hardware failure, I can't get the Xbox app to install to the configured folder. Whatever folder I choose, it's properly shown in the installation dialog, but...
  6. Xbox App does not retain user-selected installation location preference

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App does not retain user-selected installation location preference: Dear Microsoft, This question has been askled by various users in various ways over the last couple of years, but all I can see are workarounds and registry edits to resolve. The issue is that...
  7. All games were installed to WindowsApps-Folder. How can i move them to another location, so...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All games were installed to WindowsApps-Folder. How can i move them to another location, so...: When installing every game, i can select a drive. This works fine but the games will not install to my own folder like (C:\XboxGames). They installed to WindowsApps Folder on the selected drive....
  8. You can't set the default install location to this folder.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You can't set the default install location to this folder.: im trying to install forza horizon 5 from xbox app , when i click on install it tells me that i dont have enough space and it let me change forza installation place i clicked on my other disc and...
  9. can not change install location on pc for gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can not change install location on pc for gamepass: hello i am trying to install games from game pass onto my D drive. However when i go into settings > general and change the location to D, from C, it ignores this. It also asks me to choose a...
  10. My xbox app is saying, " There was a problem loading installation locations, try again."...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app is saying, " There was a problem loading installation locations, try again."...: I have already tried everything Xbox support has in hand , they sent me to this website to request further assistant, I've googled any solutions and tried command prompts, PowerShell , registry ,...