Is there a limit on how many times you can change your name on your account?

Discus and support Is there a limit on how many times you can change your name on your account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I am wondering if there is a limit on changing your name on your Microsoft account. Located in https://account.microsoft.com/profile/. I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheSnekDen, May 21, 2023.

1. TheSnekDen
    TheSnekDen Guest

Hello, I am wondering if there is a limit on changing your name on your Microsoft account. Located in https://account.microsoft.com/profile/. I am trans and exploring my identity, including name. I've already changed the name on my account once and would like to again, so it welcomes me properly whenever my Xbox or PC turns on, but I'm scared it'll end up locking me to a specific name if I hit a limit by changing it too much. Thank you!

ps. there is not really an option for this, I have to choose a product for this ask and cannot just ask a general Microsoft question. looking into that would be awesome!

:)

TheSnekDen, May 21, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your inquiry, if you are referring to the Microsoft account name on account.microsoft.com, there are no limits on changing your name.

However, if you are referring to the gamer tag on your Xbox account, you only have 1 free gamer tag change promotion but the next time you change your gamer tag, it will cost you 9.99 USD.

You can change your gamer tag on social.xbox.com

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  3. Obedthian UK Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your inquiry, if you are referring to the Microsoft account name on account.microsoft.com, there are no limits on changing your name.

However, if you are referring to the gamer tag on your Xbox account, you only have 1 free gamer tag change promotion but the next time you change your gamer tag, it will cost you 9.99 USD.

You can change your gamer tag on social.xbox.com

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
    Why can't you change your xbox gamertag freely without any cost? (After the first change)
  4. ngocphi Win User

No but it will cost you money each time

You should really take your name more seriously

Unless you mean profile name but you should really really becareful

If you lose access to the account

They are looking for the original info on the account when you are filling out the recovery form

Not later changes

As kids have learned using random info doesnt help when trying to remember the account info for recovery
  5. Smwutches Win User

Is there a limit to how many times you can change your gamertag at any given time?

As far as I'm aware, there is no limit. You will just have to pay for the changes.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Home Xbox.

There's no way at this time to see how many times you've changed your Home setting. If you have already changed it 3 times, you would get a message stating you have hit your limit. You can try contacting support to see if they can reset the limit for you.
Thema:

1. Is there a limit on how many times you can change your name on your account? - Similar Threads - limit many times

2. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  3. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  4. Is there a limit when using charge to bill on EE?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a limit when using charge to bill on EE?: Cheaper games give me the option, but the new Tekken 8 does not 7f2c21c3-d538-402f-a883-ba526762283e
  5. Xbox wireless headset with PC with limited functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset with PC with limited functionality: Hello, I just moved from Xbox to PC and am trying to use the wheel on the left side the same way it works on Xbox. Turn the right wheel works with turning up the master volume. The left wheel to...
  6. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  7. HOW TO REMOVE ACCOUNT PURCHASE LIMIT

in XBoX on Consoles
    HOW TO REMOVE ACCOUNT PURCHASE LIMIT: HOW TO REMOVE ACCOUNT PURCHASE LIMITS HELP I WANT TO BUY MINECRAFT 6b4ec4e4-d7ee-430a-9191-761d6462c23e
  8. Time limit on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Time limit on Xbox: Xbox needs to change settings to be able to set time limits in any account. When my son got an Xbox we just signed him up with an account using my info. Now I can’t set time limit for him without...
  9. Is there a limit to how many times you can change your gamertag at any given time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a limit to how many times you can change your gamertag at any given time?: I have changed my gamertag twice in one day - is there a limit to how many times you can change your gamertag in a certain amount of time? Will changing it so quickly affect my account or my game...
  10. Is there a limit to how many groups you can join?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a limit to how many groups you can join?: My girlfriend tried to join a group on our Xbox One but it keeps saying that it didn’t work. She went on my Xbox account and it works. Is there a limit to how many groups you can join? If there...