Is there a good way to get an annoying/harassing person communication banned on Xbox Live?

Discus and support Is there a good way to get an annoying/harassing person communication banned on Xbox Live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've met some annoying people on XBL, but yesterday this guy took it to a whole new level. He was racist, sexist, homophobic, all the bad things. He... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chaitkindan, May 5, 2020.

1. chaitkindan
    chaitkindan Guest

Is there a good way to get an annoying/harassing person communication banned on Xbox Live?

I've met some annoying people on XBL, but yesterday this guy took it to a whole new level.

He was racist, sexist, homophobic, all the bad things. He said the N-word about 800 times, the homophobic F-word whenever I spoke, and he kept saying other people in the party were trans and he was just all around ruining the fun the other 13 of us were
    having. This was a GTA party, so naturally once he was kicked from the party, he hops on a MkII and starts griefing all of us and ruining the fun. We all voted to kick him from the game and that worked, but he still wasn't done. He joined the party again and
    booted a good portion of us offline, myself included. So not only was he being toxic, but he also took the time to ruin the rest of our days. I reported him for communication abuse through his XBL profile and most of the party followed suit.
    We also all took part in reporting him to Rockstar Games for griefing in GTA online. Even with all this, I still see him online and all over LFG posts, likely doing the same thing to them. Rinse and repeat. Is there any good way to get him punished or yet
    better banned?

:)

chaitkindan, May 5, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

you could also contact your ISP about being booted offline as this is a DDoS attack which is illegal in many places.

if you or any of your friends are still being booted offline then restart your router.

turn it off and unplug it from the power for an hour then connect it all up and turn it on.

this should give you a new IP address.

if you have a static IP you will need to contact your ISP to get issued a new one
  3. DanXcel Win User

You can only do your part. I would report this individual and let Microsoft investigate. If other people are having similar experiences than it’s likely others are reporting this person as well. The culmination of all that will likely lead to some further
    action by Microsoft but that depends on their investigation and what they find.
  4. zeroice007 Win User

You can ignore then and then block them when the game is over. You can mute the player etc if it bothers you that much. There are a few toxic individuals on xbox but there area great amount of great players. Try to play with your friends more or just block
    those that you find that are harassing you. You can use the report feature which weeds out the toxic
  5. Smwutches Win User

Report him via his profile and block communications with him. Reporting him is the only way to have the enforcement team investigate him and take action.
  6. F3n1x013 Win User

Death threats not bannable? (sorry long read)

@KLRSKIR but the COC also says you are not allowed to abuse, stalk, harass or threaten anyone on the live network. so how can that person get away with just a communication ban when he should have been banned off Live? i think the system is stupid if the
    poster got a 24 hr ban for having a word in there he shouldnt have (not saying i dont agree that it shouldnt have been in there anyway) whereas the person harassing him gets a slap on the wrist for something that is clearly a bannable offense. that is a load
    of crap honestly.
Thema:

1. Is there a good way to get an annoying/harassing person communication banned on Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - annoying harassing person

2. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  3. I can’t record clips without my game being annoying

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t record clips without my game being annoying: Whenever I record a clip on Xbox (Fortnite for example) my whole entire game freezes (lag goes up) and after the lag calms down it acts as if the controller disconnected and makes me click a box...
  4. Any help here? This is annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help here? This is annoying.: I have the Series X and am on an IPv4 connection. I’ve cleared my MAC address and set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 Primary and 8.8.4.4 Secondary but my console still won’t connect to the internet on startup....
  5. This is annoying me so much

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is annoying me so much: WHY DOES MY XBOX ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE FORTNITE ON NOT SHOW UP ON EPIC GAMES WEBSITE WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN BECAUSE IT SAYS I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT e873d897-e627-403b-92a9-73759016f3d1
  6. is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...: Hi, i have to many friends on xbox and it’s tiring me from clicking on every profile and unfriended manually aade106a-e519-46f4-b951-7db72e0db92c
  7. this is absolutly annoying i have got suspended forever on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    this is absolutly annoying i have got suspended forever on xbox: i cant appeal anymore ive been falsely banned and im planning to move on to sony and i spend alot on my xbox account so its unfair BADLY i hate this so bad i had near 2000 followers and 1000...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox: I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox. I paid for My Xbox, I paid for the Ultimate Subscription, and My home screen is already hijacked by unwanted...
  10. Tom clancy's Rainbow Six Siege annoying

in XboX Insiders
    Tom clancy's Rainbow Six Siege annoying: i was going to upgrade to xbox series s however it does not have a disc reader. i have the game rainbow 6 siege on cd. When i looked in the microsoft store it says i have to pay 17.99$ a month to...